PDA

View Full Version : DRC!!!

WillsFromThaU21
03-01-2008, 09:57 PM
the rankings on nfldraftcountdown have been updated.....check out where DRC is ranked among the other corners.

hydro
03-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Here is the direct link.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/cb.html

Mitchell55
03-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Sweed, the best WR??? Hardy behind thomas?

Al the Bills Fan
03-01-2008, 10:05 PM
I was deadset against us taking anything but a WR in the first round fot awhile, now I am starting to warm up to the idea of taking a CB (DRC) I was looking at the list of guys a WR and CB that will be available through the first 3 rounds or so and it is my opinion that WR is deeper then CB is this year. I am also starting to like Bowman an aweful lot, we can probably pick him up in the 3rd round.

Give me DRC, Kelly, or Sweed and I will be happy

WillsFromThaU21
03-01-2008, 10:15 PM
i felt the same way.....nothing other than a WR (Swees) in the first round....but following the combine and hearing DEION SANDERS say nothing but good things about DRC's technique im all for him in the first round....grab Devin Thomas in the second and a TE in the third

venis2k1
03-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Dont buy the hype, DRC is fast, big and Athletic. That said I think he is the 5th best corner in this years draft. Taking a player who played I-AA Ball with the 11th pick is Insane to me. He didnt play in the SEC, he played in the Ohio Valley Conference. Going from playing Southeast Missouri State University to the NE Patriots is a pretty big jump. Granted Usama Young came out of Kent State last year and did ok, but he wasnt a top 10(errrr 11) draft pick. This is a player who is still very raw and has questions marks against him in the running game. DRC is not worth the 11th pick, i dont care what anyone says.

WillsFromThaU21
03-01-2008, 10:25 PM
so u think the best corner to ever play the game doesnt notice a special talent at the position that he played?

venis2k1
03-01-2008, 10:33 PM
I would take the word of a guy that studied what a player has done in september through december over a fromer player that saw him run and jump in shorts and a tshirt, yes.

yordad
03-01-2008, 10:43 PM
I thought I would put this here for those who don't go to the scouting zone...

"In 39 starts for the Tigers, opposing quarterbacks completed just 55 of 161 passes (34.16%) thrown in Rodgers-Cromartie's immediate area. He intercepted 11 of those throws, deflected 25 and held the opposition to a miniscule 3.54 yards per pass attempt, the best of any collegiate defensive back over the last three seasons."

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...omartie?id=306 (http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/dominique-rodgers-cromartie?id=306)

Defensive TDs that he scored his freshman year = 3
TDs given up all four years as a CB = 3
INCREDIBLE

He was randomly asked by the Patriots to draw up a defense at his combine interview....

"They were the first team that made me draw something up with them. It threw me off guard a little bit," said Rodgers-Cromartie. "I was expecting to answer personal questions like everybody else was asking me and then you get 'Draw a defense up for me' and it threw me off guard."

Cromartie said he drew up a Cover-2 scheme.

Ferrygoat
03-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Dont buy the hype, DRC is fast, big and Athletic. That said I think he is the 5th best corner in this years draft. Taking a player who played I-AA Ball with the 11th pick is Insane to me. He didnt play in the SEC, he played in the Ohio Valley Conference. Going from playing Southeast Missouri State University to the NE Patriots is a pretty big jump. Granted Usama Young came out of Kent State last year and did ok, but he wasnt a top 10(errrr 11) draft pick. This is a player who is still very raw and has questions marks against him in the running game. DRC is not worth the 11th pick, i dont care what anyone says.

Im pretty sure it doesnt matter what level of college ball you play as long as you have the skills to play at the next level. Just a few examples of players that didnt play D-1A and turned out to be pretty good pros

Jerry rice - Miss. Valley St.
Andre Reed - Kutztown
Terrell Owens - Tennesee-Chattanooga

gr8slayer
03-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Sweed, the best WR??? Hardy behind thomas?
Sweed is the number one WR by far.

WillsFromThaU21
03-01-2008, 11:57 PM
thanks ferrygoat that was my next arguement.....those three didnt turn out bad at all....

Nighthawk
03-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Sweed is the number one WR by far.

Agreed.

kernowboy
03-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Personally I would do this in the draft

R1. Dominique Rogers-Cromartie CB
R2. Dre Moore DL, who can upgrade on Williams, learn from Stoud and can also play outside being considerable quickler than Calais Campbell
R3. Adarius Bowman WR
R4. If we sign Ben Troupe then a DE, if not the the best TE left probably either Kellen Davis TE or John Carlson TE

mysticsoto
03-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Personally I would do this in the draft

R1. Dominique Rogers-Cromartie CB
R2. Dre Moore DL, who can upgrade on Williams, learn from Stoud and can also play outside being considerable quickler than Calais Campbell
R3. Adarius Bowman WR
R4. If we sign Ben Troupe then a DE, if not the the best TE left probably either Kellen Davis TE or John Carlson TE

Adarius Bowman is not a high character player that this FO has been recruiting to be on the team. I can almost guarantee he will not be picked by us.

I think we will go, DRC (CB) for rd 1, a WR (James Hardy ?) rd 2, and top TE (Martellus Bennett?) in rd 3, and then a top Center in rd 4.

Al the Bills Fan
03-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Adarius Bowman is not a high character player that this FO has been recruiting to be on the team. I can almost guarantee he will not be picked by us.

I think we will go, DRC (CB) for rd 1, a WR (James Hardy ?) rd 2, and top TE (Martellus Bennett?) in rd 3, and then a top Center in rd 4.

Good point about Bowman! I wasn't even aware of some of his issues until I read this post, I then did a bit of research. I will have to say that you are probably right, the Bills will stay away from him due to the some of these issues. Great player though.

DraftBoy
03-02-2008, 01:16 PM

I think thats pretty accurate maybe go LB in rd 4 and OC in rd 5 but something like that probably.

Mr. Pink
03-02-2008, 01:19 PM
I still don't see us taking a corner in Round 1.

With our scheme corners are basically interchangeable and you don't need "stars" at the position. Look at Indy, Chicago for example.

You need those star players at Safety in the scheme. And that's the guy who's gonna get paid the big money in the secondary.

Drafting a corner at 11th overall ensures you're paying him big money, especially seeing that corner is likely to be the first corner taken in this draft at worst he'd be the second corner taken.

Doesn't make financial sense to me. And no, I don't disagree that we should upgrade the position.

DraftBoy
03-02-2008, 01:48 PM
I still don't see us taking a corner in Round 1.

With our scheme corners are basically interchangeable and you don't need "stars" at the position. Look at Indy, Chicago for example.

You need those star players at Safety in the scheme. And that's the guy who's gonna get paid the big money in the secondary.

Drafting a corner at 11th overall ensures you're paying him big money, especially seeing that corner is likely to be the first corner taken in this draft at worst he'd be the second corner taken.

Doesn't make financial sense to me. And no, I don't disagree that we should upgrade the position.

You were calling for us to take Jenkins before he returned to school from Ohio State, why the sudden change of mind?

Mr. Pink
03-02-2008, 01:57 PM
You were calling for us to take Jenkins before he returned to school from Ohio State, why the sudden change of mind?

I dunno, just get that vibe that we're not gonna target a CB in round 1. Plus I thought about my stance and did some research and noticed Cover 2 teams don't tend to go corner in round 1.

I would have backed off my selection of Malcolm Jenkins at this point too.

After some thought, I realized that it's not entirely a neccesity to have a shut down type guy. Just someone who is smart and knows his responsibilities. While not having to pay him 5 million a season.

Plus I've succumbed to the fact that we won't be changing the system anytime soon either. On top of the fact I don't think DRC is worthy of being a top 15 pick.

I don't think we'll be taking Trae Williams in Round 3 either though, because again, he's more of a man to man shutdown type of player...not a zone coverage man.

Mr. Pink
03-02-2008, 01:59 PM
YaY i am now a flip flopper!

DraftBoy
03-02-2008, 02:02 PM
I dunno, just get that vibe that we're not gonna target a CB in round 1. Plus I thought about my stance and did some research and noticed Cover 2 teams don't tend to go corner in round 1.

I would have backed off my selection of Malcolm Jenkins at this point too.

After some thought, I realized that it's not entirely a neccesity to have a shut down type guy. Just someone who is smart and knows his responsibilities. While not having to pay him 5 million a season.

Plus I've succumbed to the fact that we won't be changing the system anytime soon either. On top of the fact I don't think DRC is worthy of being a top 15 pick.

I don't think we'll be taking Trae Williams in Round 3 either though, because again, he's more of a man to man shutdown type of player...not a zone coverage man.

Just one example which of course isnt a trend but didn't Indy take CB Merlin Jackson from Michigan a few years ago with their 1st? He was more of a man cover guy in college too. Traditionally I agree with you but if the opportunity presents itself to take such a stellar athlete and we have to make up for our lack of a pass rush some way. Though I dont think it's a must have for our D, I think that if we are going BPA why not?

Jaybird
03-02-2008, 02:03 PM
if he's anything like his cousin, i want him