PDA

View Full Version : After this FA start, I bet we go DE or WR in round one

jpdex12
03-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Look at our defensive depth chart...We only have three solid DE's. We need a fourth for our rotation. There is more depth at WR than DE so I wouldn't be surprised if we took a stud DE in round one and a WR in Rd 2. Especialy with the way that this FA has played out so far. If we sign Johnson at WR then the BPA at DE or WR really becomes a reality.

Of course Lawrence Jackson could land in the second round where we pick and a Malcomb Kelly Rd1/ Lawrense Jackson Rd2 would look good as well.

Other scenario...Calais Campbell.Derrick Harbey in Rd 1 and Devin Thomas/James Hardy Rd 2 would look pretty nice as well.

3Rd TE-Rucker/Bennett/Carlson
4th CB-Chevis Jackson
5th QB
6th OL
7th OL

Tatonka
03-01-2008, 10:47 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if we went for a free safety either.

Mad Max
03-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Look at our defensive depth chart...We only have three solid DE's. We need a fourth for our rotation. There is more depth at WR than DE so I wouldn't be surprised if we took a stud DE in round one and a WR in Rd 2. .....

I hope you're right, I want both of those positions early. If we ended up with Harvey,or Merling at DE, and Sweed, Hardy, or Kelly at WR by the 2nd round, then I'm thrilled (with a TE in 3rd round).

But I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that we're going to get a CB in round 1.

Dr. Lecter
03-01-2008, 10:53 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if we went for a free safety either.

They would go CB way before FS.

If they sign Johnson or Hackett, I predict CB in round 1 all the way.

DB will be able to execute his man crush on Cromartie year 'round.

TigerJ
03-01-2008, 11:05 PM
WR, CB, or DE.

Bmax
03-02-2008, 12:41 AM
At CB DRC in Rd 1 would be cool with me anyone else .. i'm not cool with. Maybe Mckelvin... I would rather pick up Cason or Thomas in RD 2 ..

After getting Sweed or Hardy in Rd 1... If the Bills went with Merling or Harvey in RD 1 then in rd 2 the WR crop gets a little thin for me... So the best bet would be

1. Sweed
2. Cason
3. TE
4. DE

The Bills should also sign a Vet CB and DE

Fernando Bryant,Jason Webster. Brian Kelly and Travis Fisher should be some of the guys to look at for low level deals for depth.. At DE what about Al Wallace,James Hall or Greg Spires..

Hall was with the lions with Jauron.. only 30 would provide the bills with much needed 4th DE who could provide some pass rush...

Bmax

kernowboy
03-02-2008, 03:49 AM
I would like to see this on Draft day (explanations below)

R1. Dominique Rogers-Cromartie CB
R2. Dre Moore DT
R3. Adarius Bowman WR
R4. Carlson, Davis or Finley unless we sign a TE like Ben Troupe, in which case I would say BPA
R5. Fernando Velasco C/G
R6. Kirk Barton G/T
R7a Andrew Studebaker DE/OLB
R7b Martel Van Zant DB

DRC is the biggest (6ft1, 184lbs) and fastest (4.28) corner. With CBs so expensive in FA its the only real way we can properly upgrade

We need to draft a DT, to upgrade Williams and because we don't know really how long Stroud will last in a season. Its a great year for DTs and you grab for the future when there is a lot of talent. Moore has the size (6ft4, 311lbs) and speed (4.88) to learn from and push Stroud. Our DEs automatically will be twice as good because of inside pressure. Look how good the no-name Jaguar ends are. DEs in this draft may be over valued. Moore before Campbell any day of the week, because based on Senior Bowl and Combine performances, Moore has greater desire. Campbell ran a 5.03 at the combine. That is way too slow for a DE.

Bowman has fallen due to his 40time but is as fast as Wilford and is that big (6ft3, 223lbs) receiver we need. He can go the distance, but likes initating contact. Just the guy we need.

If we get Troupe in a TE friendly offence (55rec, 530yds, 4Tds in 2005) then we go BPA - if not them one of the 3 TEs listed will likely have fallen

Velasco is hugely underrated and compared to other centers is huge at 325lbs+. Has also started at G for the Bulldogs.

Barton is not athletic enough to play T but will make a decent G to maybe push Butler or if Walker loses form, Butler could move outside with Barton stepping up. We build depth in the OL

Studebaker is small school like DiGiorgio. Could be a useful 3rd down rusher.

Van Zant is deaf. Despite this he cracked the Sooner lineup and practised against Bowman. With that sought of heart and self-will can anyone doubt he won't be on the roster could opening day, even if only as STeamer.

Devin
03-02-2008, 03:52 AM
DRC!