• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Tradedown idea

Based on what we've done so far, I'd like to see us trade the #11 and #71 to Dallas for the #22 and #28 (assuming they'd want it of course). We could then get a guy like Sweed at #22, maybe a Davis at #28, and a guy like Cason, who has been slipping but shouldn't be (at least not that far), at #41. We'd be done til the 4th round, but our three areas that need addressing - WR, TE and CB - would be taken care of. I won't complain with Kelly at #11, but I'd like to see Brandon get crafty and pull something to get us another high-end player.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Tradedown idea

I wouldn't mind a tradedown now, based on what happened over the last 2 days. Get the extra 3rd back and still wind up with a good player. I wouldn't draft a WR at #11. There's plenty of good hands guys into Round 3.

If we can't trade down, I'd take a talented CB like DRC or McKelvin.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

I want us to trade down as much as we can in the 1st round.

Comment

Why do we want to take Davis in R1 when his combine performances make him a R2 selection at most?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

We oughta pull a Jerry Jones and try to trade our 1st this year for another teams 1st this year and their first next year.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

02-25-2008, 11:22 AM Fork Reply (w/Quote) Quick Reply #9
            yordad
            '07 Zoner Rookie of the Year

Awards Showcase
            Re: Trading out of Round 1 entirely: An option?

Maybe our 11th (1250pts) and 72nd (230pts) to the Cowboys for 22 (780pts) and 28 (660pts). That leaves us with 22, 28, 41, and 71.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

As you can see from me quoting myself, I used to agree. But, now I want DRC. A lot. So, I would rather stay put. We addressed many glaring needs already.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Don't Panic
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
                Why do we want to take Davis in R1 when his combine performances make him a R2 selection at most?
                Scouts Inc. has him as the #29 rated prospect, he's the clear frontrunner at his position, and we need a quality tight end. I figured those were reasons enough to take him at the end of the 1st round.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                  As you can see from me quoting myself, I used to agree. But, now I want DRC. A lot. So, I would rather stay put. We addressed many glaring needs already.
                  Props given... I guess you saw what I saw, that if we wanted to trade down, Dallas was the most likely candidate. Any other option would most likely include next year's picks, and while I'm not against that, I'd rather get them all now if we could.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Dec 2005

On NFL Radio (Sirius) they mentioned that Dallas was high on Kelly... could give a little creedence yordad's (and later my) idea.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                      • Sep 2003

I would love that trade with Dallas. If we could pull it off here is what I would do...

RD-1 (22) DE Quentin Groves 6'3" 260 ran a 4.52! Relief for Schobel!
                      RD-1 (28) WR Devin Thomas 6-1. Weight: 215. Combine 40 Time: 4.32.
                      RD-2 (41) CB/S Reggie Smith, Oklahoma Can return kicks, and play Safety or CB!
                      RD-3 (71) C Mike Pollack, mean and nasty! Just what we need!
                      RD-4 (110) Either FB Owen Schmitt or TE Jacob Tamme denpends on FA
                      RD-5 (135) OT Shannon Boatman, Florida State Height: 6-7. Weight: 324.
                      RD-6 (170) DT Jason Shirley, Fresno State Height: 6-5. Weight: 330.40 Time: 4.98.
                      RD-7 (201) RB Cory Boyd, South Carolina Height: 6-0. Weight: 213.
                      RD-7 (206) CB/S Roshaun Fellows, Tenn. Height: 6-0. Weight: 185 40 Time: 4.35.

Comment

• dannyek71
                        Drink Responsibly
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                        We oughta pull a Jerry Jones and try to trade our 1st this year for another teams 1st this year and their first next year.

Agreed, keep building for the future, and not for today.

[

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                          I would love that trade with Dallas. If we could pull it off here is what I would do...

RD-1 (22) DE Quentin Groves 6'3" 260 ran a 4.52! Relief for Schobel!
                          RD-1 (28) WR Devin Thomas 6-1. Weight: 215. Combine 40 Time: 4.32.
                          RD-2 (41) CB/S Reggie Smith, Oklahoma Can return kicks, and play Safety or CB!
                          RD-3 (71) C Mike Pollack, mean and nasty! Just what we need!
                          RD-4 (110) Either FB Owen Schmitt or TE Jacob Tamme denpends on FA
                          RD-5 (135) OT Shannon Boatman, Florida State Height: 6-7. Weight: 324.
                          RD-6 (170) DT Jason Shirley, Fresno State Height: 6-5. Weight: 330.40 Time: 4.98.
                          RD-7 (201) RB Cory Boyd, South Carolina Height: 6-0. Weight: 213.
                          RD-7 (206) CB/S Roshaun Fellows, Tenn. Height: 6-0. Weight: 185 40 Time: 4.35.
                          #71 would be gone in this scenario.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by draz54
                            #71 would be gone in this scenario.
                            Only if you use the trade value chart as gospel!
                            If that's the case we trade #11 for #22, #54 (2nd rd) and #118 (4th rd)

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Sounds great.

But why would Dallas want to move up to #11? Is there someone on their radar at 11 nobody knows about?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X