PDA

View Full Version : DraftBoy and Devin

PECKERWOOD
03-01-2008, 10:46 PM
P.S. Mods please move this to Scout Zone! I made a funny.

What do you two think of a player like Calais Campbell in the 2nd round? I've heard people say that he lacks desire and motivation but I think Stroud's presence would be inspiring to this kid. I think if we got this guy in the 2nd he could turn out to be a really special player for us. Thoughts?

DraftBoy
03-02-2008, 11:14 AM
P.S. Mods please move this to Scout Zone! I made a funny.

What do you two think of a player like Calais Campbell in the 2nd round? I've heard people say that he lacks desire and motivation but I think Stroud's presence would be inspiring to this kid. I think if we got this guy in the 2nd he could turn out to be a really special player for us. Thoughts?

Solid pick IF we can get him to learn to use his arms to keep OT's off of him so he can work. He really struggled this past year with that.

Yasgur's Farm
03-02-2008, 03:47 PM
I like that pick as well.

Devin
03-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Ridiculous size, isnt he 6-8? A pretty amazing physical specimen, Campbell issues have always been technique. Hes an immature on field player, not in the sense that hes a problem but its the "Ray Edwards" comparison. Both he and Vikings starting DE Ray Edwards have just phenomenal athletic ability but both let frustrations on the field alter thier play and eventually make them a non-factor all together.

Ironically hes been called "Julius Peppers Light" quite a bit. Very similar builds. Great explosion, obscene wing-span. Very very similar styles of play.

Campbell probably has one of the highest upsides of any DE in the draft.

DraftBoy
03-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Ridiculous size, isnt he 6-8? A pretty amazing physical specimen, Campbell issues have always been technique. Hes an immature on field player, not in the sense that hes a problem but its the "Ray Edwards" comparison. Both he and Vikings starting DE Ray Edwards have just phenomenal athletic ability but both let frustrations on the field alter thier play and eventually make them a non-factor all together.

Ironically hes been called "Julius Peppers Light" quite a bit. Very similar builds. Great explosion, obscene wing-span. Very very similar styles of play.

Campbell probably has one of the highest upsides of any DE in the draft.

He has some serious mental concerns on the field, he loses his cool often and his technique needs a good bit of work. He has gotten by so far on just raw talent, not on technique.

PECKERWOOD
03-04-2008, 10:52 AM
I think we have a great veteran presence on our defense, the DL in particular. Stroud, Schobel and Kelsay could really go a long way in helping this kid gaining a mental edge. I'm sorry, in my minds eye I've seen Campbell lining up next to Stroud, McCargo and Schobel and I can't help but think what our DL could be. I hope this guy is on our radar.

ParanoidAndroid
03-04-2008, 01:40 PM
I'd rather get Harvey at 11. He's a more technically polished player with better instincts. All we'd have to do is throw him in the weight room and put 10 solids on him.

kernowboy
03-04-2008, 02:00 PM
No way

The guy turns up at the combine, overweight and uncommitted. Not sure if that is arrogance or stupidity. Had a disappointing season and is immature.
Turns up 13lbs above his playing weight at 303lbs and runs a 5.03 instead of predicted 4.77 - for a DE, thats pathetic.

Compared to Dre Moore, who can play in or out ... turns up at 305lbs and runs a 4.88 - performed like a demon as well as had a good Senior Bowl.

A guy who cannot be bothered when showing up on the occasion that will have a major impact on his professional career?

No thanks

User Manuel
03-04-2008, 03:00 PM
No way

The guy turns up at the combine, overweight and uncommitted. Not sure if that is arrogance or stupidity. Had a disappointing season and is immature.
Turns up 13lbs above his playing weight at 303lbs and runs a 5.03 instead of predicted 4.77 - for a DE, thats pathetic.

Compared to Dre Moore, who can play in or out ... turns up at 305lbs and runs a 4.88 - performed like a demon as well as had a good Senior Bowl.

A guy who cannot be bothered when showing up on the occasion that will have a major impact on his professional career?

No thanks

Your description sounds just like Bruce smith when he got to Buffalo...hmmmm.

Yasgur's Farm
03-04-2008, 06:10 PM
At 11 I think Merling would be the better DE.

TigerJ
03-04-2008, 08:46 PM
I'd rather get Harvey at 11. He's a more technically polished player with better instincts. All we'd have to do is throw him in the weight room and put 10 solids on him. Or turn the fat that he's put on into muscle.

I like Merling quite a bit. He seems like a well rounded every down DE.

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Merling is the only top DE I want at this point

eyedog
03-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Merling is the only top DE I want at this point

I thought you wanted a corner ?

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 12:51 PM
I thought you wanted a corner ?

Ummm......where did I say I wanted only a corner? I dont fall in love with any one player, or fall out of love with any one player.

eyedog
03-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Ummm......where did I say I wanted only a corner? I dont fall in love with any one player, or fall out of love with any one player.

Could of fooled me. All I hear from you is DRC.

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Could of fooled me. All I hear from you is DRC.

You should pay more attention though

eyedog
03-05-2008, 01:22 PM
I want a cb too. Somewhere about the 3rd or 4th rd.
Terrell Thomas in the 3rd will do.

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 01:25 PM
I want a cb too. Somewhere about the 3rd or 4th rd.
Terrell Thomas in the 3rd will do.

He's not a bad pickup at all there, but I dont know if he'll be there