PDA

View Full Version : 2 team race for the AFC East.....

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Look at talent lost or most likely lost from our main divisional opponent, NE:

Assante Samuel, Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Troy Brown, Kyle Brady, Rosey Colvin, Jabar Gaffney, Randall Gay, Mel Mitchell, Rashad Moore, Eugene Wilson.

We play NE 2 times or 12.5% of our regular season schedule, with the remaining 4 games split amongst the Fins and Jets. Last season, we beat the Jets both games we played them and the Fins as well. Miami is so far out of it, it's a laugher so no fear there. The Jets look to make improvements but I think they have a few years left to get better.

Looking over this whole situation, we have become much better thus far and NE has become that much weaker. I can see us at least splitting the season with them and us handling the Jets / Fins.

Conference records really help determine playoff spots and we should be 5-1 starting off in the conference right there. Plan on us making the playoffs.

BleedinGreenNC
03-02-2008, 07:56 AM
I do agree with your post, but i think as long as Tom Brady is their QB, they will be a dangerous team!

northernbillfan
03-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Isn't it a little early for this kind of talk eh Skoobs?

northernbillfan
03-02-2008, 08:01 AM
Actually I just looked at their 2008 opponents. You may be on to something there Skoobs.

2008 opponents:
Home: Chargers, Dolphins, 49ers, Jets, Patriots, Raiders, Seahawks, Cleveland
Away: Broncos, Cardinals, Chiefs, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, Rams, Jacksonville

X-Era
03-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Actually I just looked at their 2008 opponents. You may be on to something there Skoobs.

2008 opponents:

I looked at the opponents too. Stroud gets to face his old team, and we get to play the emerging Browns. Its gonna be a fun year

northernbillfan
03-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Cards and 49ers are upstarts too.

Meathead
03-02-2008, 08:13 AM
sorry but i see it more like 3-3 in the division, maybe 4-2

2-0 fish. theyre still too much in disarray to pull it together this year should be cake

1-1 jets division games are always the toughest and the jets should have enough to win a few games including one against the bills

0-2 even with all the defections the cheats will be very tough again. sadly their domination of us will continue

why they might make 4-2 - any given sunday, either they beat the jets twice or manage to finally pull one out against the cheats. i doubt both happen

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 08:37 AM

2008 opponents:

I see us winning more than we lose here. This isn't homer vision and the NFC West usually equals a few wins as of late. The Chiefs are a tough away game but they suck, JAX is going to be tough but that should motivate Stroud to snap.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 08:38 AM
sorry but i see it more like 3-3 in the division, maybe 4-2

2-0 fish. theyre still too much in disarray to pull it together this year should be cake

1-1 jets division games are always the toughest and the jets should have enough to win a few games including one against the bills

0-2 even with all the defections the cheats will be very tough again. sadly their domination of us will continue

why they might make 4-2 - any given sunday, either they beat the jets twice or manage to finally pull one out against the cheats. i doubt both happen

We went 4-0 against the Fins / Jests with a huge amount of our starters on IR. With health and a much better D we are going to lose??

DMBcrew36
03-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Depends if the schedulers want to give us the Pats after the Pats bye week for the 10th year on a row.

VeggieMan14
03-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Depends if the schedulers want to give us the Pats after the Pats bye week for the 10th year on a row. yea why is it always like that... Oh yea cuz everyone loves the patriots

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 08:58 AM
yea why is it always like that... Oh yea cuz everyone loves the patriots

Not anymore, :dance:

Captain gameboy
03-02-2008, 10:03 AM
In the second game, every single time Brady had the ball they scored a touchdown.
Every single time.

I cannot get over that by a few weeks of off season moves.

We are not close to them.

VeggieMan14
03-02-2008, 10:05 AM
In the second game, every single time Brady had the ball they scored a touchdown.
Every single time.

I cannot get over that by a few weeks of off season moves.

We are not close to them. your a party :poop:er

don137
03-02-2008, 10:08 AM
NE still has far superior talent than the rest of the AFC East however I feel the gap is shortening. The Jets and Bills have done a great job so far. The Dolphins is a work in progress and still a couple years away but they will be competing in the AFC East eventually.

VeggieMan14
03-02-2008, 10:10 AM
NE still has far superior talent than the rest of the AFC East however I feel the gap is shortening. The Jets and Bills have done a great job so far. The Dolphins is a work in progress and still a couple years away but they will be competing in the AFC East eventually. We maybe looking at a similar conferance as he NFC east has had the last few years. The Eagles had the lowest record at 8-8

Mahdi
03-02-2008, 10:17 AM
The Pats will have to really pull some magic to get anywhere near where they were last year.... No Moss or Stallworth takes away both edge options... Welker wont thrive without them... also consider the loss of Colvin, Samuel, Eugene Wilson, Harrison is a year older, Bruschi a year older, Seau offseason surgery, Randall Gay gone, Kyle Brady gone, and of course Jabar Gaffney.

Thats a lot to overcome.

feelthepain
03-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Every year it's the same with you skoob, the Bills add one or two players and they're suddenly contenders.

Wally The Barber
03-02-2008, 11:49 AM
It would be a mistake to look past New York and Miami as Bill Parcells is not done yet!

New York needs a QB.

mikemac2001
03-02-2008, 12:00 PM
who cares patriots cheat....bottom line is there legacy is slowly being shattered and that really makes me smile.

justasportsfan
03-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Isn't it a little early for this kind of talk eh Skoobs?
Skoobs forgot to add BB vs. Dick in that equation.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Skoobs forgot to add BB vs. Dick in that equation.

BB will be a cameraless fool w/ less talent.

YardRat
03-02-2008, 12:08 PM
We weren't really that much better than the Jets and Dolphins last year and both have been active. New Englands losses and everybody else's gains may tighten up the division top-to-bottom, but we are by no means radically distancing ourselves from NY or Miami.

justasportsfan
03-02-2008, 12:10 PM
BB will be a cameraless fool w/ less talent.
even with less talent we still haven't beaten them. Your homer instincts are kicking in again.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 12:12 PM
even with less talent we still haven't beaten them. Your homer instincts are kicking in again.

We aren't done W/ FA's yet.

Novacane
03-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Brady v Edwards/Losman. You are getting way ahead of yourself Skooby.

justasportsfan
03-02-2008, 12:19 PM
We aren't done W/ FA's yet.
I don't care if we're done or not. Whoever we grab has to produce results on the field. The PAts have PROVEN they can bring in winning results with lesser talent.

BB and his coaching team are proven. Dick has to depend offensively on a rookie OC. Think about that without wearing your rose colored glasses for a second.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 12:24 PM
I don't care if we're done or not. Whoever we grab has to produce results on the field. The PAts have PROVEN they can bring in winning results with lesser talent.

BB and his coaching team are proven. Dick has to depend offensively on a rookie OC. Think about that without wearing your rose colored glasses for a second.

Brady plays against our D, not Edwards. Our D has to get better w/ who we have acquired.

justasportsfan
03-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Brady plays against our D, not Edwards. Our D has to get better w/ who we have acquired.
It should get better, but I'll go with whats proven first before I start thinking about playoffs.

We're not proven yet homer.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 12:36 PM
It should get better, but I'll go with whats proven first before I start thinking about playoffs.

We're not proven yet homer.

What's proven is NE is losing more talent then they are gaining.

justasportsfan
03-02-2008, 12:37 PM
What's proven is NE is losing more talent then they are gaining.
haha!Although we've improved ON PAPER, Talent means nothing without coaching. Their coaches are more proven than ours. That's a FACT.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 12:40 PM
haha! Talent means nothing without coaching. Their coaches are more proven then ours. That's a FACT.

We had 17 guys on IR, what's proven is we had terrible health luck last season. As per coaching our 3rd string talent, they seen what they could do in game situations and cut bait with alot of them that couldn't cut it. Tell me what moves you disagree w/ so far this off-season?

justasportsfan
03-02-2008, 12:44 PM
We had 17 guys on IR, what's proven is we had terrible health luck last season. As per coaching our 3rd string talent, they seen what they could do in game situations and cut bait with alot of them that couldn't cut it. Tell me what moves you disagree w/ so far this off-season?

we weren't injured on O so, what's your excuse for for finishing bottom of the league offensively? Was it due to coaching? I say yes, but is Turk better than Fairchild? Aha! Like I said, nothing proven. On PAPER anything should be better than Fairchild. Then again, it's not proven.

LtFinFan66
03-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Just one comment. It cracks me up how you guys barely beat the Fins in Miami last year....barely.....yet you sign Stroud and suddenly you don't even have to sweat a bitter division rival and are a powerhouse who may challenge the Pats for the division. :rofl:

justasportsfan
03-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Just one comment. It cracks me up how you guys barely beat the Fins in Miami last year....barely.....yet you sign Stroud and suddenly you don't even have to sweat a bitter division rival and are a powerhouse who may challenge the Pats for the division. :rofl:
I'd take this comment from NE39 but a finfan? :jk:

Na I won't seat over the fins just yet. maybe next year. I hope we play the fins at buffalo in December. Josh would love that.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 01:00 PM

Usually when one team better and one team gets worse, that's a result. NE is not staying together as a unit and in my mind didn't win anything last year.

Blueprint is printed on how to beat NE, attack Brady and get pressure on their offense.

LtFinFan66
03-02-2008, 01:03 PM
your opinion Skoob. I will agree that they won't go 16-0 but I doubt they are truly challenged for the division either.

Mr. Pink
03-02-2008, 01:06 PM
To be the best, you have to beat the best.

We haven't beaten anyone yet.

Just because you look like you've gotten better on paper doesn't mean a thing on Sundays. The Jets are better on paper too as are the Dolphins.

So in Skooby logic, it's a 3 team race for the division with the Pats in last. Right. That might happen.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 01:07 PM
your opinion Skoob. I will agree that they won't go 16-0 but I doubt they are truly challenged for the division either.

I personally think that at some point they have to fall down. After getting dealt a crushing blow by the giants, losing alot of talented starters and basically having the US Gov. chasing your organization down for answers as to what you did to cheat the rest of the league, I think now is about the right time.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 01:09 PM
To be the best, you have to beat the best.

We haven't beaten anyone yet.

Just because you look like you've gotten better on paper doesn't mean a thing on Sundays. The Jets are better on paper too as are the Dolphins.

So in Skooby logic, it's a 3 team race for the division with the Pats in last. Right. That might happen.

We draft higher and finished closer to the pats than anyone. We also had 17 guys on IR, which if you took any team during last season and took 17 starters away I would safely say that that team will not be near .500.

LtFinFan66
03-02-2008, 01:11 PM
all 17 weren't starters Skooby. Be realistic now:rolleyes: We had 15 on IR. Everyone has injuries

justasportsfan
03-02-2008, 01:11 PM
I personally think that at some point they have to fall down.
At some point, I agree. Whether it's this year or not is another thing. They are still a very good team . Don't think for one second that their org is just gonna fall off the face of the earth overnight and we all of a suddent become the division winner overnight.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 01:12 PM
At some point, I agree. Whether it's this year or not is another thing. They are still a very good team . Don't think for one second that their org is just gonna fall off the face of the earth overnight and we all of a suddent become the division winner overnight.

What will it take, a greater loss of talent on their part or a drastic improvement on our part? I'm not saying we crush them both games, I think a split is possible. Is this so wrong?

justasportsfan
03-02-2008, 01:16 PM
What will it take, a greater loss of talent on their part or a drastic improvement on our part.

Improvement on both talent and coaching on our part. So far like i said, we look better on paper talentwise but still unproven or clueless as too how good or bad we are coaching wise.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Improvement on both talent and coaching on our part. So far like i said, we look better on paper talentwise but still unproven or clueless as too how good or bad we are coaching wise.

I'll accept that as a fair answer. The coaching staff has been suspect for a long time here and to think outside of that is difficult.

I think DJ has a clue about what to do and with the right talent wins will come along. He did lead the 2001 bears to a great season (13-3), that team was loaded with D-talent as well. There wasn't alot of offense there to talk about though and only 1 pro-bowler (urlacher).

justasportsfan
03-02-2008, 01:36 PM
I'll accept that as a fair answer. The coaching staff has been suspect for a long time here and to think outside of that is difficult.

I think DJ has a clue about what to do and with the right talent wins will come along. He did lead the 2001 bears to a great season (13-3), that team was loaded with D-talent as well. There wasn't alot of offense there to talk about though and only 1 pro-bowler (urlacher).
I've liked what DJ has done so far in this rebuilding process or the direction he's headed. Now it's time for him to produce results. Neither Trent nor Turk should give him a pass this year. No more excuses.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 01:39 PM
I've liked what DJ has done so far in this rebuilding process or the direction he's headed. Now it's time for him to produce results. Neither Trent nor Turk should give him a pass this year. No more excuses.

I'm 100% behind you here. What's an acceptable result for you?? Wildcard?? I really think that at least a Wildcard says we are on the right path. If we win the division, I'll crap myself but then again my shorts are still dirty from the Stroud signing so who knows.

justasportsfan
03-02-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm 100% behind you here. What's an acceptable result for you?? Wildcard?? I really think that at least a Wildcard says we are on the right path. If we win the division, I'll crap myself but then again my shorts are still dirty from the Stroud signing so who knows.
playoffs.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 01:43 PM
playoffs.

:bandwagon

soapman
03-02-2008, 01:44 PM
This is a lil early skoob, especially when we don't have an answer at WR. You know common sense doesn't always reign supreme at 1 bills drive. We may walk away with a 2nd round WR opposite LE, then what?

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 02:00 PM
This is a lil early skoob, especially when we don't have an answer at WR. You know common sense doesn't always reign supreme at 1 bills drive. We may walk away with a 2nd round WR opposite LE, then what?

I cannot say but we needed to stop getting ran over all season and letting teams abuse us. That pretty much ended this weekend, with anyluck.

Oaf
03-02-2008, 05:01 PM
I say we split with all three. The only difference would be that there some chance we sweep the Fins and get swept by the Pats again.

YardRat
03-02-2008, 05:10 PM
I don't buy the coaching argument as much as some...the Patriots have gone through more than their share of coordinators since 2000, and it's not like they are all geniuses just waiting in the wings for their time to come.

Having 'special info' certainly hasn't hurt anybody associated with that organization.

Mitchy moo
03-31-2008, 03:34 PM
I still feel this holds true........

Ingtar33
03-31-2008, 04:28 PM
pats will go 11-5 or 12-4 and win the afc east again.

bills will probably go 8-8 and tease us again (even though we've not had a draft yet, i think we've gotten better then we were last year, i need to see improvement to our offense and run stopping before i go better then 8-8)

Mitchy moo
03-31-2008, 04:33 PM
bills will probably go 8-8 and tease us again (even though we've not had a draft yet, i think we've gotten better then we were last year, i need to see improvement to our offense and run stopping before i go better then 8-8)

Would you like a easier schedule than last year or a more talented / better defense with some depth??