X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Evans going with JP makes sense!!

Lee Evans, as cited by many on this site, has struggled to be a legitimate #1.

I have to believe that the Bills tried to extend him and obvioulsy that probably hasn't gone well. Why not get that value and get some real threats in here. In addition Lee will never believe that he might be a #2 and not a #1.
  • VeggieMan14
    • Jan 2008

Re: Evans going with JP makes sense!!

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    Lee Evans, as cited by many on this site, has struggled to be a legitimate #1.

I have to believe that the Bills tried to extend him and obvioulsy that probably hasn't gone well. Why not get that value and get some real threats in here. In addition Lee will never believe that he might be a #2 and not a #1.
    Thank You Thank You Thank You
    I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• Kerr
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Feb 2005

From a business standpoint it only makes sense, but make no mistake, lee isn't a steve smith.

Comment

• Jaybird
        • Dec 2005

It is the only way we can explain this. He obviously wants a huge contract, that he is not worth. Look and the numbers on the berrian deal, very not worth it. I only assume evans would want much more then that. If a trade is involving roy williams, i am sure the bills would work out a long term deal with him. Otherwise, were in the same situation as evans, except Roy is worth the money!!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

You guys are nuts. I don't understand all the hate suddenly for Evans, all because of the spewing of the mouth from Mort the Moron.

Evans is top fricking notch, people. Yes I think he's up there if not better than Steve Smith, just needing someone to throw to him, and Edwards is developing.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            You guys are nuts. I don't understand all the hate suddenly for Evans, all because of the spewing of the mouth from Mort the Moron.

Evans is top fricking notch, people. Yes I think he's up there if not better than Steve Smith, just needing someone to throw to him, and Edwards is developing.
            No one is hating on Evans. However, if we can improve the position than we should. Sorry, he's a good player that has played far below his 8th pick credentials.

Comment

• Jaybird
              • Dec 2005

I think he was picked #13..... he is a top wideout, let's not rip him a new one, cause of some rumors. He has never had a legit number 2 guy with him, or a good QB

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Evans is elite, guys. E-****ING-LITE.

Comment

• Kerr
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Lee is not better than Steve Smith. Steve Smith is a true #1. He still managed to over 1,000 with david carr, testaverde and rookie.

Comment

• Kerr
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

There's no hate on evans. I think he's a solid # 1, but he's not better than Steve Smith. Steve Smith didn't have a qb either.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
                      Lee is not better than Steve Smith. Steve Smith is a true #1. He still managed to over 1,000 with david carr, testaverde and rookie.
                      Steve Smith barely had 1002 yards with 87 receptions and 7 TDs. They threw him the ball that much more.

Evans had 849 yards in 55 catches and 5 TDs. You can see if they throw him the ball as much as they do to Smith he would have waaaay more yards and TDs.

Your argument doesn't hold water.

Comment

• Kerr
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Steve Smith barely had 1002 yards with 87 receptions and 7 TDs. They threw him the ball that much more.

Evans had 849 yards in 55 catches and 5 TDs. You can see if they throw him the ball as much as they do to Smith he would have waaaay more yards and TDs.

Your argument doesn't hold water.
                        Barely? He's still got 1,000 yds. Last time I checked, the league doesn't give a crap about barely. You either get it or you don't.

Umm, I think Smith getting all those receptions is his ability to get open.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
                          Barely? He's still got 1,000 yds. Last time I checked, the league doesn't give a crap about barely. You either get it or you don't.

Umm, I think Smith getting all those receptions is his ability to get open.
                          Well if you're going to use something vauge, subjective and unmeasurable like "his ability to get open" as the basis of your argument, then you win.

All I see is average yards per catch and reception/TD ratio and Evans is by far better than Steve Smith. And both players have questionable QBs and #2 WRs.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                            Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                            • Aug 2002

This is rediculous. It's like saying we should trade Schobel because there are actually a few DE's in the league that are better than him. Then what? A probowl caliber DE isn't going to magically appear on the roster to replace him.

So, to you guys who are advocating that by removing Evans from the roster the Bills would somehow be better. Please explain. And don't give me that "we just bring in someone better" crap. Who? Who out there is clearly better than Evans? And please include an explaination of how we'd be better off with just that new WR than we would be with both this new wonder and Lee Evans lining up on game day.

Evans hasn't put up great numbers because the offense has been incredibly bad since he arrived. Evan with the turmoil and inconsistancies, Evans has still managed to put together decent numbers with a couple of great streaks along the way. Evan if you don't consider him a #1, why would you not want him to be our #2, assuming that there is a #1 to be acquired somewhere along the path of this offseason?

It amazes me that there are always folks who will jump on any rumor with a "Hey! That's a great idea!" Then somehow they create a story to try and justify how this would be beneficial to the Bills.
                            Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Throne Logic
                              It amazes me that there are always folks who will jump on any rumor with a "Hey! That's a great idea!" Then somehow they create a story to try and justify how this would be beneficial to the Bills.
                              We need to start some more baseless rumors to confuse those who will jump on any rumor and think it's a great idea.

This is just like Fantasy Football.

I hear we're sending Lynch to St. Louis for Steven Jackson

Comment

Working...
                              X