PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams to be on SC live next!

X-Era
03-02-2008, 10:29 AM
We will see what he has to say.

Probably not much.

Chris Brown killed the trade rumor of Evans by the way on the BB.com message boards.

Mr. Miyagi
03-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Chris Brown killed the trade rumor of Evans by the way on the BB.com message boards.
Thank GOD for nipping this in the bud. All that Evans trade talk was just crap from Mort and got everyone thinking that way. No way we even consider trading Evans. In fact we need to fork up the cash right now to extend him.

Link on the Chris Brown post?

alohabillsfan
03-02-2008, 10:38 AM

Probably not much.

Does not mean it won't happen...
You have to protect the organization if you do not pull off the trade.

clumping platelets
03-02-2008, 10:41 AM
:link:

VeggieMan14
03-02-2008, 10:42 AM
i havent seen this chris brown thing

JJamezz
03-02-2008, 10:46 AM
I agree it is ridiculous. I think this is Mortensen trying to rain on the Bills parade. They've made some shrewd moves the first weekend of free agency and Mortensen chooses not only to have it go unrecognized, but toss out some negativity as well.

I will try to negate it and talk to the powers that be on Monday about it.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=44370

clumping platelets
03-02-2008, 10:46 AM

deathadder
03-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Heres a better link right to his reply

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showpost.php?p=654294&postcount=5

JJamezz
03-02-2008, 10:48 AM
You just redeemed yourself for the JP limo in Detroit thing... lol.

Mr. Miyagi
03-02-2008, 10:53 AM
I agree it is ridiculous. I think this is Mortensen trying to rain on the Bills parade. They've made some shrewd moves the first weekend of free agency and Mortensen chooses not only to have it go unrecognized, but toss out some negativity as well.

I will try to negate it and talk to the powers that be on Monday about it.

:bf1: Now shut that **** up. :bf1:

jimbohastle51
03-02-2008, 10:57 AM
sure would be nice to have williams and evans together for 2-3 years, and make a serious run at it, but it would cost way too much too lock them both up. we would probably have to give one of them up and evans is home grown, but we could always trade for williams let him play out his contract and then franchise him and trade him. anyways just an idea. obviously we have what it takes between JP and a pick to land williams i guess it probably comes down to how the visit goes today with johnson, cause they wont sign johnson and trade for williams.

X-Era
03-02-2008, 10:57 AM
You just redeemed yourself for the JP limo in Detroit thing... lol.

Do people want to hear rumors or not?

I got lots of love for breaking the Stroud rumor, and then the JP rumor gets spam-ed.

Its just rumors and I dont see the harm. But, I can understand why it goes to the spam zone. I can just post that stuff in the Spam zone if anyone wants to hear it, they can take a look there.

Wally The Barber
03-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Hah...this trade is not dead....I don't care what Chris Brown says....the Bills and Detriot have been talking for monthes and they want Losman.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 11:01 AM
I got lots of love for breaking the Stroud rumor

Is your arm in a sling yet??

Mr. Miyagi
03-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Hah...this trade is not dead....I don't care what Chris Brown says....the Bills and Detriot have been talking for monthes and they want Losman.
I have no problem with sending JP and a pick over for Roy Williams. But Evans is staying put.

clumping platelets
03-02-2008, 11:02 AM
:popcorn:

X-Era
03-02-2008, 11:04 AM

link?

relentless
03-02-2008, 11:15 AM
so what has Roy said?

ddaryl
03-02-2008, 11:18 AM
I have no problem with sending JP and a pick over for Roy Williams. But Evans is staying put.

that would be the only logical option talent wise since they both would compliment each other. Lee stretches the field and Williams does his work across the middle.

However Lee is in a contract year, and so is Williams. There is no way we would try to tackle to premium WR contracts at the same time.

this Evans talk only holds water IF the Bills don't believe Evans will sign an extension, but then even with a Roy Williams trade you still have a contract issue and the Bills would still need a premium field stretcher to replace Evans.

HHURRICANE
03-02-2008, 11:19 AM

I actally think this trade happens with Evans. Chris Brown will just post that "he didn't see this one happening".

Mr. Miyagi
03-02-2008, 11:22 AM
that would be the only logical option talent wise since they both would compliment each other. Lee stretches the field and Williams does his work across the middle.

However Lee is in a contract year, and so is Williams. There is no way we would try to tackle to premium WR contracts at the same time.

this Evans talk only holds water IF the Bills don't believe Evans will sign an extension, but then even with a Roy Williams trade you still have a contract issue and the Bills would still need a premium field stretcher to replace Evans.
Easy. Trade for Williams and give him a new contract. Let Evans play out his contract year, negotiate for a new one next year, if not, tag him and buy us another year to negotiate a long term deal.

Roscoe'sChicken69
03-02-2008, 11:22 AM

Probably not much.

I don't take my football news from a bald miggit like Chris Brown. He is a loser, he works on Buffalo Bills.com. He is hating on Mort cause he has a good job working for ESPN. The Bills don't tell Chris Brown nothing.

JJamezz
03-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Do people want to hear rumors or not?

I got lots of love for breaking the Stroud rumor, and then the JP rumor gets spam-ed.

Its just rumors and I dont see the harm. But, I can understand why it goes to the spam zone. I can just post that stuff in the Spam zone if anyone wants to hear it, they can take a look there.

I know you didn't mean any harm.. but there's an important distinction to be made between a rumor that has some basis to it and one from some guy posting just to stir up the s**t.. That's one of the main problems with the official site, stuff like this runs rampant, then you don't know who/what you can believe.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't take my football news from a bald miggit like Chris Brown. He is a loser, he works on Buffalo Bills.com. He is hating on Mort cause he has a good job working for ESPN. The Bills don't tell Chris Brown nothing.

Mort, is that you?

Bone
03-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Would you guys be up for JP and 1st round pick for Roy Williams?

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 11:33 AM

No way, 3rd at best.

relentless
03-02-2008, 11:43 AM
so, what did Roy say on SC?

X-Era
03-02-2008, 11:44 AM
so, what did Roy say on SC?

Not much of anything...

Didnt know why they blew it down the stretch

He took a funny shot at Martz saying that when he left they took 300 plays out of their playbook and are now down to 50 or 60.

He thinks they will be much better next year.

relentless
03-02-2008, 12:54 PM
would be great to have him here...

The Spaz
03-02-2008, 01:56 PM

Mort is the Douche. He has had it out for b-lo since TD left this organization.

ddaryl
03-02-2008, 02:10 PM

Why do these hypothetical proposals always demonstrate a complete willingness to completely overpay for something

JP and a 3rd or less would be enough or a 2nd rd pick straight up for Williams.

Easy. Trade for Williams and give him a new contract. Let Evans play out his contract year, negotiate for a new one next year, if not, tag him and buy us another year to negotiate a long term deal.

I'd buy that proposal...

Mr. Miyagi
03-02-2008, 02:24 PM
I'd give them JP and a 2nd for Roy. JP is gone no matter what. For a 2nd rounder we're drafting Roy Williams. Good deal.

Yasgur's Farm
03-02-2008, 02:56 PM
I have no problem with sending JP and a pick over for Roy Williams. But Evans is staying put.I'd go Evans and JP for Roy Williams and a 3rd... providing we extend Williams and sign Bryant Johnson too.