• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Mort was just speculating about JP and tossed in Evans as an idea

Nice to see everyone running wild with this baseless speculation.

I saw the SC piece yesterday where he dreamed up this scenerio with Atlanta,saying maybe if he doesn't get a new contract, he gets traded. He wasn't reporting anything.

Anything COULD happen but there's no legs to this. Quoting some 4th tier gossip site is comical.

Return to your Madden games.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Jaybird
    • Dec 2005

Re: Mort was just speculating about JP and tossed in Evans as an idea

thank you!!!!!

Comment

• Jayhawk
      • Aug 2004

mort hates us, so don't pay attention to that hotdog licker
      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Rumor has it that ESPN is trading Mort to FoxSports for a used tampon.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
          Rumor has it that ESPN is trading Mort to FoxSports for a used tampon.
          What flavor?

Comment

• Scumbag College
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
            What flavor?
            Cherry!
            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• VeggieMan14
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Skooby
              What flavor?
              HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That was seriously one of the funniest things i have heard
              I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Scumbag College
                Cherry!

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Aug 2004

Mortenson has had it in for the Bills since they fired his buddy Tom Donahoe.

For the first year after Donahoe was let go, ESPN had nothing good to say about the Bills...when they had something to say about them at all.

Last year, as the Bills held together after all of the injuries and began to win some games--especially after the Dallas game--ESPN finally started to let some of its analysts say some good things about the Bills (I'd like to take some credit for helping this happen with the blistering email that I sent to ESPN's top executives stating that they were starting to lose their credibility as a sports reporting organization just because Mortenson was still upset about the Bills firing his "butt-buddy" Donahoe--and, yes, I did use the phrase "butt-buddy" in the email!--but somehow I don't think that I was the only one writing to them about the problem). But, Mortenson still held the line and wouldn't say anything positive at all about the Bills in his reports.

Now, with the Bills making some positive moves that just might catapult them into the playoffs, Mortenson just may be trying to make trouble for the organization, knowing that he can't really do anything to keep ESPN from reporting on what they are doing or their other analysts from saying good things about some of the moves that they may make.

Mort's buddy Donahoe still hasn't regained the stature that he had before he wrecked the Bills and I'm sure that still ticks him and Mort off.

But, in my estimation, what Mortenson and ESPN did at that point cost him any credibility that he may have had in my eyes as a reporter.

And, Mort never was that great of a reporter to begin with: he had a good tie-in with Jimmy Johnson and his people in Dallas and Miami, but he didn't seem to ever have anywhere near the kind of sources that John Clayton and others had developed around the rest of the league. And now, with Ed Werder taking over much of the coverage of the Cowboys, Mortenson seems to have lost a lot as a reporter.

Speculation like this say that he's no better than any analyst on the web who may be just guessing at what's going on instead of going out, as a reporter should, and digging up sources for his stories. Rumor-mongering, with no sources or evidence to support what he is saying, is pretty low for Mortenson to be stooping to and shows just how little credibility his reports should be given.

Hell, I'm not able to get out and dig up information for my articles because of my health and I haven't and wouldn't stoop that far to get something written.
                  Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                  X