• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Clear Cut FA Winners

Which teams do you think really improved themselves this offseason the most? I'm going to have to say that the Browns did an excellent job and you could put the Jets on that list as well. One thing that I don't understand about Cleveland's offseason moves is why would they sign two premier DT's? I thought they ran the 3-4 more than anything. Are they planning on moving Corey Williams to DE in the 3-4 scheme or are they planning on playing some 4-3 packages/hybrid scheme?
    Last edited by PECKERWOOD; 03-02-2008, 01:27 PM.
  • Kenny
    • Aug 2004

Re: Clear Cut FA Winners

Thought about that too...

I guess even if they signed only 1 of those guys, they probably would of used a 3rd rounder on a backup? (and of course those 2 guys would have been better than any DT they could of drafted not named Ellis or Dorsey).

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

The Browns defensive line is going to be Robaire Smith - Shaun Rogers - Corey Williams when in the 3-4.

Last year when in passing downs Willie McGinest played the NT position, so I'm wondering if that will still occur. My instincts tell me probably not.

When they go into a 4 down lineman look, Williams will move inside.

Basically Corey Williams is replacing Orpheus Roye on the line.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
        • Aug 2005

I would have to say it's either the Bills or Browns. I actually don't really like what the Jets did. Jenkins is past his prime and cant keep his weight down. Losing Vilma hurts wether he fits in a 3-4 or not. Faneca is a real good guard, but they paid him a lot of money for someone at his age. The Dolphins moves were pretty underwellming to me also. I like the McCown pick up because I have always been a fan of his, but I think Wilford was a bit over hyped. Justin Smiley was a good grab for them also, but not a real impact player to be found.

The Bills defense is now very formidable in every aspect. I like our corners believe it or not, but I will not be upset if go CB in the first or second because you can never have too many good corners. The trade for Stroud helps in so many ways that I dont even no where to begin. Him taking up double teams for most of the game is almost going to guarantee that Schobel goes to the pro bowl again and should boost Kelsay's sack numbers up a couple at least. After McCargo showed that he is ready to start this year I can't imagine how good our DL could possibly be. Mitchell is about as solid a starter as you can ask for and he was pretty cheap. He isn't going to blow you away, but you also won't be screaming at your television much because of him.

You have to like what Cleveland did because their DL is now pretty solid after moving Williams to DE and putting Rogers in the middle with Robaire Smith at the other end. They already have good linebackers with Wimbley and Davis, but they could use a lot of help in the secondary especially after giving up Bodden to Detroit. If they can keep Rodgers motivated then look out because Cleveland could go deep in the playoffs if Derek Anderson plays close to last years performance.
        SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
          • Sep 2004

Buffalo and Cleveland top the winners list, great job by your FO!

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
            • Aug 2007

Buffalo - Three great signings thus far (Mitchell,Stroud,Johnson) and another likely tomorrow (B. Johnson) I Couldn't honestly be happier!

Cleveland - Lots of good stuff there as well.

Winner - Buffalo!!!

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
              Closet Bills Fan
              • Nov 2004

in terms of needs..... buffalo is definitely improving...... but in terms of helping the greater good of the team, cleveland is defintely taking the cake.....

the saints pick ups are leaving me a lil confused.... vilma, gay, etc....... but they are very active this FA season

j-e-t-s
              jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• B-DON
                hi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by CuseJetsFan83
                in terms of needs..... buffalo is definitely improving...... but in terms of helping the greater good of the team, cleveland is defintely taking the cake.....

the saints pick ups are leaving me a lil confused.... vilma, gay, etc....... but they are very active this FA season
                You obviously havent seen their D play

Comment

Originally posted by CuseJetsFan83

I had read that two of the big needs that the Saints had were the Linebackers and the Secondary so Jonathan Vilma and Gay make sense. I think they may be lining up for the anticipated Dorsey fall as what better ways to get bums on seats than have an LSU Alumini play there.

The Falcons pick up of Turner means its almost certain McFadden will be a Raider. As it is shaking up I see it like this in the draft

1. Chris Long
                  2. Sedrick Ellis
                  3. Matt Ryan
                  4. Darren McFadden
                  5. Jake Long
                  6. Veshard Gholston
                  7. Leon McKelvin
                  8. Brian Brohm
                  9. Keith Rivers
                  10. Glenn Dorsey
                  11. ..................

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                    • Mar 2004

except for the Pats, I think the rest of the AFCEast has (on paper) done quite well

Comment

Working...
                    X