PDA

View Full Version : Gay Gone

Jaybird
03-02-2008, 01:39 PM
The New Orleans Saints agreed to a four-year contract with cornerback Randall Gay worth up to $17.8 million, according to NFL.com and the New Orleans Times Picayune.

Jaybird
03-02-2008, 01:40 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3273625

RingofFire
03-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Another loss

JJamezz
03-02-2008, 01:51 PM
It'll be interesting to see if they can still plug in scrubs in their secondary and not miss a beat like in the past.. my guess is it's gonna be a little harder, you know, not knowing what plays the other team is running and all..

Jayhawk
03-02-2008, 01:51 PM
that signing is gay ;)

Mr. Miyagi
03-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Too gay for me.

Mr. Pink
03-02-2008, 02:13 PM
I wonder what happened to Ex-Browns RB Benjamin Gay.

Michael82
03-02-2008, 02:24 PM
I heard that Eugene Wilson might be next. :snicker:

Nice job NFL team. Now all you have to do is take away Randy Moss and we have basically torn apart their team. :D

:pray:

Ickybaluky
03-02-2008, 05:27 PM
I heard that Eugene Wilson might be next. :snicker:

Nice job NFL team. Now all you have to do is take away Randy Moss and we have basically torn apart their team.

The Patriots didn't want Eugene Wilson back. And Moss isn't gone yet.

!Papacrunk!
03-03-2008, 09:11 AM
The Patriots didn't want Eugene Wilson back. And Moss isn't gone yet.
so what led to Wilson not getting re-signed?

Ickybaluky
03-03-2008, 09:46 AM
so what led to Wilson not getting re-signed?

I'm not sure what happened to him, his career track looking good until Rodney got hurt in 2005. When that happened, Wilson had to take more of a leadership role and he struggled. He seemed to lose confidence.

After that he had some injury issues of his own. This year he was the starter coming out of camp with Rodney being suspended, but after Rodney came back he started playing less. James Sanders took over as a starter, and Wilson slipped further down the depth chart as the coaching staff seemed to lose confidence in him. Late in the year he was a healthy scratch in several games, as he was against Jacksonville in the playoffs. He was active for the AFC Championship and Super Bowl, but he was the 7th DB with Randal Gay serving in the nickel role and Brandon Meriweather serving as the dime.

He has talent, but the last couple years have been steadily downhill for him. The coaching staff lost confidence in him and there were no plans to bring him back. Maybe he can recover his game with a change of scenery, but the Pats have made no effort to bring him back, unlike Randal Gay (who they would have liked back, but not at the money he got).

!Papacrunk!
03-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Miami re-signed Yeremiah Bell and I guess they had made some initial contact or inquiry about Wilson, but have not made any scheduled visits with him. At this point, even with the draft, Miami needs to get some more depth in the secondary.