PDA

View Full Version : Lee Evans

mchurchfie
03-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Get real, he isn't going anywheres. We already sorely need a second legit receiver why in the world would we get rid of our number one receiver?? He is still a great talent and will be our undisputed number one receiver when we get our offense settled down. Homerun receivers who can catch don't come around everyday. It would be absolutely ridiculous to get rid of him. I'm sure they will get contract extension done with him.

DraftBoy
03-02-2008, 01:45 PM
It's a very interesting thing to consider however. Is Evans a true #1 WR who can take over games? We honestly dont know, we haven't had a QB capable of getting him the ball consistently enough to see. Evans doesnt go over the middle a lot but is that him or the play calling? I think Evans is a great WR but this baseless rumor does provide some food for thought about is Evans a true #1 guy?

justasportsfan
03-02-2008, 01:46 PM
I agree. He's our most proven player. We should build a team around him. If Trent is a great qb, he will make the adjustments. He will get Evans the ball. If not, we need a qb who can make use of his weapons.

Brady supposedly didn't have an arm. The minute they grabbed Moss, they found a way for a supposedly weak arm qb to go deep.

soapman
03-02-2008, 01:47 PM
He's a true number one AND the only threat over the last 3 years. He get's triple coverage every game. That's why we are going out to pick up a Johnson or Hackett(hopefully). I second that he is not going anywhere.

justasportsfan
03-02-2008, 01:48 PM
It's a very interesting thing to consider however. Is Evans a true #1 WR who can take over games? We honestly dont know, we haven't had a QB capable of getting him the ball consistently enough to see. Evans doesnt go over the middle a lot but is that him or the play calling? I think Evans is a great WR but this baseless rumor does provide some food for thought about is Evans a true #1 guy?
the guy has PROVEN to make the catches short or long. The schemes(coaching) and lack of help and qb carousel is what screwed him up.

PECKERWOOD
03-02-2008, 01:50 PM
:pray:

Roy Williams.

DraftBoy
03-02-2008, 01:50 PM
the guy has PROVEN to make the catches short or long. The schemes(coaching) and lack of help and qb carousel is what screwed him up.

I agree with you for the most part, but do you put him the same category as a TO, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith? The guys who work the entire field? Im not sure I do. Not a knock against him really, just thinking out loud.

justasportsfan
03-02-2008, 01:58 PM
I agree with you for the most part, but do you put him the same category as a TO, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith? The guys who work the entire field? Im not sure I do. Not a knock against him really, just thinking out loud.

Neither of those WR's won a sb. The giants don't have wr's that are in that class either. In other words, we don't need those kind of wr's as long as Lee had support.

DraftBoy
03-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Neither of those WR's won a sb. The giants don't have wr's that are in that class either. In other words, we don't need those kind of wr's as long as Lee had support.

Nobody is saying do we need this kind of WR or not, Im simply asking the question is Lee a true #1 caliber WR along the lines of some of the best in the league?

The Spaz
03-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Roy Williams has very similar numbers too Evans.

raphael120
03-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Getting rid of Lee will place us in yet again rebuilding mode on offense.

The key to winning and being successful is keep the guys who brought you there, Evans is a big part of our offense and the only way I can see that him being traded is good for this team is if he really doesn't want to be here anymore with all the crap he's been through since he was drafted here.

justasportsfan
03-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Nobody is saying do we need this kind of WR or not, Im simply asking the question is Lee a true #1 caliber WR along the lines of some of the best in the league?

With a proven qb and the right OC I say he can be. He was up there with JP throwing the rock , fairchild to go with a crappy OL ,wasn't he? Imagine what he can do with a Manning or a Farve throwing to him.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 02:02 PM

I hope we get both of them on the same field.

Roy Williams.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 02:03 PM
With a proven qb and the right OC I say he can be. He was up there with JP throwing the rock , fairchild to go with a crappy OL ,wasn't he? Imagine what he can do with a Manning or a Farve throwing to him.

Or Edwards.

ddaryl
I never expected Lee Evans to be our dominant #1 WR. When we drafted Evans we had Moulds to balance out the WR corp. Moulds commanded some attention from opposing D's

Now we have Evans and we are still searchning for a Moulds replacement. there needs to be 2 dependable WR's in our #1 and #2 WR spots an both of these WR should be 60 - 80 catch players.

you put a pair of WR's that cause opposing D's to focus on 2 distiguished threats and our entire O will benefit considerably.

So any thought of trading Lee Evans for Roy Williams does nothng but open up a WR hole. Instead of needing the bigger able to better go across the middle WR that compliments Evans abilities, we now need to replace Evans field stretching capabilites, and then Roy Williams as a Bill and the bills in general would suffer if we didn't

We need Evans and nobody in FA or trade is going effectively replace him.

DraftBoy
Or Edwards.

Yea.....

justasportsfan
Or Edwards.

I hope so.

ddaryl
03-02-2008, 02:05 PM
I hope we get both of them on the same field.

Roy Williams.

that is the only way this works out is if its both WIlliams and Evans.

HOWEVER... both Evans and Williams are UFA's in 2009. That means 2 premium WR contracts to be negotiated at the same time ane that doesn't seem like something the Bills would do IMO.

justasportsfan
03-02-2008, 02:05 PM
I never expected Lee Evans to be our dominant #1 WR. When we drafted Evans we had Moulds to balance out the WR corp. Moulds commanded some attention from opposing D's

Now we have Evans and we are still searchning for a Moulds replacement. there needs to be 2 dependable WR's in our #1 and #2 WR spots an both of these WR should be 60 - 80 catch players.

you put a pair of WR's that cause opposing D's to focus on 2 distiguished threats and our entire O will benefit considerably.

So any thought of trading Lee Evans for Roy Williams does nothng but open up a WR hole. Instead of needing the bigger able to better go across the middle WR that compliments Evans abilities, we now need to replace Evans field stretching capabilites, and then Roy Williams as a Bill and the bills in general would suffer if we didn't

We need Evans and nobody in FA or trade is going effectively replace him.

I do however think Williams is better suited for TE who has shown to be better throwing up the middle than down the field. I still say keep Evans and like I siad, if Trent is the qb we hope he is, then there shouldn't be a problem.

PECKERWOOD
03-02-2008, 02:08 PM

With arguably worst QB play over the last 3 years.

The Spaz
03-02-2008, 02:16 PM
With arguably worst QB play over the last 3 years.

Yeah Williams and Evans have had QB issues.