PDA

View Full Version : Asante Samuel

PECKERWOOD
03-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Anybody see how much the Eagles paid him? His deal was worth about 20 million less than Nate Clements' contract. All the rest of the teams in the NFL weren't willing to pay Samuel anything near what Clements got and Samuel is hands down the better corner between the two. Do you know what this tells me? Clements is going to be a salary cap casualty soon.. Maybe not this year but, I will put ZB's at stake and bet that next year Nate Clements will be /cut by the 49ers.

Ickybaluky
03-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Anybody see how much the Eagles paid him? His deal was worth about 20 million less than Nate Clements' contract. All the rest of the teams in the NFL weren't willing to pay Samuel anything near what Clements got and Samuel is hands down the better corner between the two. Do you know what this tells me? Clements is going to be a salary cap casualty soon.. Maybe not this year but, I will put ZB's at stake and bet that next year Nate Clements will be /cut by the 49ers.

Samuel got $57M over 6 years ($9.5M per season) with $20M guaranteed.

Clements got 7 Years/$64M ($9M per season) with $22M guaranteed. I know the $80M was widely reported, but the last year was a $16M salary that voided with easily-met incentives (it voided).

Samuel gets $32M in the first 3 years of his deal.

Clements gets $30M in the first 3 years of his deal.

The deals are comparable.