X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Schoebel

Now that we have some SERIOUS push up the middle I predict a career year for Schoebel.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Schoebel

Originally posted by mchurchfie
    Now that we have some SERIOUS push up the middle I predict a career year for Schoebel.

WORD!

Not only did he miss having someone up the middle, he had to play more because of lack of rotation DE's due to injuries.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

I hope your right but I think he's part of the problem.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

Probowlers lining up together tend to bring out the best in each other, so I'm expecting a big year from Schobel too. I'm sure he'll appreciate the Bills brining in some veteran talent. Plus with his sack numbers going down and taking some heat for it, I think he comes in with a chip on his shoulder.

Comment

• Thurmal
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Agreed. Schobel is VERY overrated. This guy has made a living off of coverage sacks his entire career. Call me crazy, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd rather keep Kelsay.

Remember when Bruce and Hansen played, how we had constant pressure on the QB? Schobel doesn't do that. There are several games a year when you don't even hear his name.
            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Maybe with some push up the middle Schoebel won't run himself out of the play by being behind the QB by 5 yards on almost every down.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Thurmal
                Agreed. Schobel is VERY overrated. This guy has made a living off of coverage sacks his entire career. Call me crazy, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd rather keep Kelsay.

Remember when Bruce and Hansen played, how we had constant pressure on the QB? Schobel doesn't do that. There are several games a year when you don't even hear his name.

But that could because our dline has sucked and they can focus protection to schobel

there is alot of reasons why he might not get pressure he has some help now and cant use those as excuses

MUCK
                FIAMI

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

He'd BETTER have a career year. His situation will never be any better.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Thurmal
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                    Maybe with some push up the middle Schoebel won't run himself out of the play by being behind the QB by 5 yards on almost every down.
                    I've noticed this too! He rushes so far to the outside that he leaves GAPING holes for runners.
                    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      I agree. I have never understood the love for this guy.

I like him, and he's done OK.

What I don't like is the fondness for people who make a play if given enough time.

I want guys who determine the length of the play.

Bruce did that.

They didn't talk about his "motor," because he didn't need one.

Without Bruce, we'd have never heard Phil Hansen's name, and I really liked Hansen as well.

Be good enough to end the play within three seconds, and you don't need a "motor."

Schobel/Kelsey/Denney... So what?

I'd prefer a guy who can reduce the time the O has to run a play.
                      Not a guy who shows up at the end.
                      Last edited by Captain gameboy; 03-02-2008, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gameboy
                        I agree. I have never understood the love for this guy.

I like him, and he's done OK.

What I don't like is the fondness for people who make a play if given enough time.

I want guys who determine the length of the play.

Bruce did that.

They didn't talk about his "motor," because he didn't need one.

Without Bruce, we'd have never heard Phil Hansen's name, and I really liked Hansen as well.

Be good enough to end the play within three seconds, and you don't need a "motor."

Schobel/Kelsey/Denney... So what?

I'd prefer a guy who can reduce the time the O has to run a play.
                        Not a guy who shows up at the end.
                        It's not fair to compare Aaron to Bruce. There will always be one Bruce . Lets not forget Bruce also had guys like Bennett and Talley at the lb positions to take care of the middle.

Hansen vs. Schoebel is a more likely comparison.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• raphael120
                          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                          • Oct 2005

He's got no excuses this year. He is now working with another Pro Bowler on the line and also a a pretty productive guy in McCargo who was catching on late last season.

I remember him wanting size on the line because it made his job easier and now he won't be the only focal point on the line, now offenses have to plan for Stroud, Schobel, and McCargo. Kelsay, I dunno...I think we wouldve been better off letting him go and drafting someone....

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            It's not fair to compare Aaron to Bruce. There will always be one Bruce . Lets not forget Bruce also had guys like Bennett and Talley at the lb positions to take care of the middle.

Hansen vs. Schoebel is a more likely comparison.
                            I'm not comparing them at all.

What I am suggesting is that we are wasting a lot of time and money on Schobel and the other side, while we should be looking for the next Bruce, and there will be many still better than him.

I don't agree with your assessment that Bennett and Talley helped Bruce.
                            Talley and Bennett were outside guys who benefited from Smith, not vice versa.

Bennett abhorred the middle and refuse to play there, Talley was never big enough to play inside, and great as he was, was the ultimate beneficiary of Smith and Bennett.

The point you are making is valid though.

It takes a front seven.

My view is that Schobel doesn't do much for that front seven.

Bruce was the conerstone.

If we quit worrying about a DE with a "motor," and get a guy who can end a play within three seconds, we have this same discussion about our current linebackers.
                            Last edited by Captain gameboy; 03-02-2008, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

What was wrong when he played next Adams and Fat Pat? Nothing. He got sacks but, again, they were usually of the coverage variety. What makes him so good is that he rarely makes mistakes. He does exactly what the defense calls for and that puts him in good position. He is trailing off now, I believe, but Stroud should help him have a better year than last.

Comment

Working...
                              X