Anything new on the Bryant Johnson front?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Anything new on the Bryant Johnson front?

Has anyone heard any new info? He should be in Buffalo as we speak, right?
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Anything new on the Bryant Johnson front?

Nothing yet, but I'm betting that there will be a press conference tomorrow to announce that he is a Buffalo Bill.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
      Nothing yet, but I'm betting that there will be a press conference tomorrow to announce that he is a Buffalo Bill.

I sure and the **** hope so. There weren't many highlights that I saw of him last year but in 06 there were quite a few. I think he would be a great addition overall.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

• circlethewagons
        • Dec 2005

its hard to say exactly whats going on- i just checked http://www.buffalorumblings.com/ and theres been reports out of tampa this morning that he is in tampa today and not visiting buffalo until monday- but now then theres also a report he is in buffalo. Looks like the only thing we can do is wait and see...

Update [2008-3-2 12:29:29 by Brian Galliford]: Is it just me, or is the AP on a roll with inaccurate reports lately? First they mess up the Stroud deal, then they falsely report that Jason Taylor is on his way out of Miami, and now they've apparently gotten this story wrong too. Per Rotoworld, the only visiting free agent in Buffalo today is Falcons FB Corey McIntyre, a restricted free agent with special teams potential. The Bills are waiting for Troupe to finish up a visit with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Bryant Johnson is not reportedly coming in until Monday. Rotoworld reports this via the Buffalo News. End Update

As of right now, I think this is the most updated turn of events regarding Bryant Johnson and Ben Troupe....
        ESPN is reporting that Johnson IS in Buffalo and working on contract negotiations.
        Also, from the Tampa Tribute Bucs blog:
        Troupe leaves Tampa without contract
        A few things to note: Johnson:
        The Bills are also meeting today with wide receiver Bryant Johnson. The Bucs, who saw target Devery Henderson re-sign with the Saints late Saturday, have expressed interest in Johnson but he may never make it out of Buffalo.

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

I read today that he hasn't come to Buffalo yet. He's not scheduled to come until Monday. I doubt we'll hear anything new until tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

I like the ESPN report, get er done 3 headed monster!
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              I like the ESPN report, get er done 3 headed monster!
              and the ESPN report is the one I am more likely to believe. They were the ones that said that the Bills were hammering out a trade for Marcus Stroud on Friday night. They NEVER reported that the trade was dead or that he left Buffalo.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Apparently John Clayton's opinion is that if he gets to Buffalo, he isn't leaving without a contract. Take it for what it's worth.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                  Apparently John Clayton's opinion is that if he gets to Buffalo, he isn't leaving without a contract. Take it for what it's worth.
                  I'm thinking the same thing. With our receiver coach being the one who drafted him, I have no doubt that if he comes here, he will sign a contract to be our #2. He would be a great fit too.

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    I'm thinking the same thing. With our receiver coach being the one who drafted him, I have no doubt that if he comes here, he will sign a contract to be our #2. He would be a great fit too.
                    Good point.

Always helps when there is prior connections to our current staff.

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by circlethewagons
                      its hard to say exactly whats going on- i just checked http://www.buffalorumblings.com/ and theres been reports out of tampa this morning that he is in tampa today and not visiting buffalo until monday- but now then theres also a report he is in buffalo. Looks like the only thing we can do is wait and see...

Update [2008-3-2 12:29:29 by Brian Galliford]: Is it just me, or is the AP on a roll with inaccurate reports lately? First they mess up the Stroud deal, then they falsely report that Jason Taylor is on his way out of Miami, and now they've apparently gotten this story wrong too. Per Rotoworld, the only visiting free agent in Buffalo today is Falcons FB Corey McIntyre, a restricted free agent with special teams potential. The Bills are waiting for Troupe to finish up a visit with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Bryant Johnson is not reportedly coming in until Monday. Rotoworld reports this via the Buffalo News. End Update

As of right now, I think this is the most updated turn of events regarding Bryant Johnson and Ben Troupe....
                      ESPN is reporting that Johnson IS in Buffalo and working on contract negotiations.
                      Also, from the Tampa Tribute Bucs blog:
                      Troupe leaves Tampa without contract
                      A few things to note: Johnson:
                      The Bills are also meeting today with wide receiver Bryant Johnson. The Bucs, who saw target Devery Henderson re-sign with the Saints late Saturday, have expressed interest in Johnson but he may never make it out of Buffalo.
                      Do u have a link to the ESPN article regarding Johnson in contract negotiations with Buffalo?

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Arizona free-agent wide receiver Bryant Johnson is traveling to Buffalo today for a visit with the Bills.
                        -- Adam Schefter

Johnson started eight games for the Cardinals in 2007, and had 46 receptions for 528 yards and a pair of touchdowns. Johnson has been buried on the Cardinals depth chart below starting receivers Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald. The Cardinals have indicated that Cardinals are committed to Fitzgerald despite having such a huge salary cap number ($16 million).

Comment

• circlethewagons
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                          Do u have a link to the ESPN article regarding Johnson in contract negotiations with Buffalo?
                          no- everything i posted was taken off the the front page of www.buffalorumblings.com - theres more info there- i heard that mort made a report this morning so he could have been refering to that i have no idea

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

I posted a new rumor in the SPAM zone, read if you like

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

John Clayton reports that Bryant Johnson just landed in Buffalo

Comment

Working...
                              X