If the Bills want to keep Evans then get ready to pay big time !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

If the Bills want to keep Evans then get ready to pay big time !!!!

If the Buffalo Bills want to keep Lee Evans then Ralph get ready.....

Bernard Berrian a guy with stats inferior to Evans got paid by the Vikes. Berrian got a 16 mill sb and 7 years for 42 Mill with 23 mill coming in the first 3 years...

Donte Stallworth another guy who is not the player that Evans is .. 35 mill over seven years...10 mill sb ....

I can see Evans agent seeking 7 years for 49 with a 18 mill sb...easy....At that price i would say no....

Evans might settle for a deal of 6 for 38 with 17 mill or 15 mill sb .. I guess the point is that if he doesn't get the same or more than Berrian then he will wait to next season.. If i were thew Bills i would try to get him under contract now if he refuses to sign then, i would draft a WR in RD 1...Sweed, Kelly or Hardy

Then Sign a FA this year .. Lee would be shuffling out of Buffalo.. One factor not in Evans favor is the fact that Stallworth signed in Cleveland.

Bmax
  • B-DON
    hi
    • Mar 2004

Re: If the Bills want to keep Evans then get ready to pay big time !!!!

using the wys theory, take away evans best year and i bet you his stats arent to much better than berrians but hey thats just an off the top guess

Comment

• B-DON
      hi
      • Mar 2004

2005 Buffalo 16 48 743 46.4 15.5 65 5.3 29 7
      2006 Buffalo 16 82 1292 80.8 15.8 83 4.5 53 8
      2007 Buffalo 16 55 849 53.1 15.4 85 3.7 38 5
      Career Totals (Full) 64 233 3727 58.2 16.0 85 4.4 158 29 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 2 2

2005 Chicago 11 13 246 22.4 18.9 54 3.4 8 0
      2006 Chicago 15 51 775 51.7 15.2 62 4.3 32 6
      2007 Chicago 16 71 951 59.4 13.4 59 3.5 47 5
      Career Totals (Full) 58 150 2197 37.9 14.6 62 3.6 95 13 17 385 22.6 41 0 12 86 7.2 24 0 3 2

He really isnt to far off of evans number and even had a more productive season last season. Do we overrate Evans?

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

No. We don't overrate Evans. Our passing game as a whole never got on track last year. Edwards started finding him more as the year went on but it was still inconsistent. Trent did what a lo of rookies do and involved the tight ends more.

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

This looks like a rather desperate move by the Vikings.

Comment

• B-DON
            hi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by andyxc71
            No. We don't overrate Evans. Our passing game as a whole never got on track last year. Edwards started finding him more as the year went on but it was still inconsistent. Trent did what a lo of rookies do and involved the tight ends more.
            I forgot the bears passing attack was setting the league on fire

Comment

• realdealryan
              realdealrex
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Bmax

I can see Evans agent seeking 7 years for 49 with a 18 mill sb...easy....At that price i would say no....

Bmax
              You pay the going rate. Simple as that. You make him a bit better-paid than Berrian. Otherwise he goes somewhere else and we have to fork the money over ANYWAY to another receiver.

Comment

• B-DON
                hi
                • Mar 2004

I love Evans as much as the next guy, but you have to admit he seems to disappear in big games and tears it up in spurts. Not consistent enough if you ask me

Comment

• mikemac2001
                  is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                  • Mar 2003

Edwards ate us up againist the browns thats what your WR should do in a big game he caught everything that was thrown to him

MUCK
                  FIAMI

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Lee Evans on the open market would get a salary in the range that Stallworth and Berrian got.

He's not an elite receiver in this league. He's an average to good #1 and a good to excellent #2.

Comment

• B-DON
                      hi
                      • Mar 2004

Last two posts are dead on

Comment

• clumping platelets

$8 million/year with $16-18 million guaranteed <------prediction

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                          $8 million/year with $16-18 million guaranteed <------prediction
                          Man, I would feel better if he had a monster year last year or even hit the pro-bowl... once

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

i would pay that in a heartbeat for evans. cut dockery if you need to and draft someone, but dont let evans walk.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• clumping platelets

Cut Dockery? No way........he's solid

Comment

Working...
                              X