PDA

View Full Version : New Era?

Captain gameboy
03-02-2008, 07:21 PM
I have enjoyed the last 48 hours as much as anybody.

I really think we are on the verge of something, and with all the Ralph stuff over the past 12 months, I thought we were entering a realm of having a tough time attracting free agents to this franchise.

I have been an advocate of Marv going away.

Nice guy. Nice history.Stabilizing influence.

But not the guy to get us where we want to be.

The point is.....So far, whomever the hell is running this pro player personnel job is doing pretty well.

Better defense.
Better offense if rumors are confirmed.
All that means easier draft.

So far...So good...At least in my view.

Now....if we could move Ralph........

Anyway, this seems to be a new era, and so far, I am liking it.

X-Era
03-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I have enjoyed the last 48 hours as much as anybody.

I really think we are on the verge of something, and with all the Ralph stuff over the past 12 months, I thought we were entering a realm of having a tough time attracting free agents to this franchise.

I have been an advocate of Marv going away.

Nice guy. Nice history.Stabilizing influence.

But not the guy to get us where we want to be.

The point is.....So far, whomever the hell is running this pro player personnel job is doing pretty well.

Better defense.
Better offense if rumors are confirmed.
All that means easier draft.

So far...So good...At least in my view.

Now....if we could move Ralph........

Great attitude, great post :clap:

gr8slayer
03-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah, Wilson and Co. have done an excellent job the past two off-seasons. Now let's see if they can draft.

Ebenezer
03-02-2008, 07:27 PM
The TD era wasn't great but we also don't know what kind of restrictions RW put on him. The last two years have been much better. Possilby ML had some influence on RW and convinced him how things should be run. All conjecture on our part.

That being said. The promise of $100 mil from the games in Toronto sure help loosen the purse strings.

Al the Bills Fan
03-02-2008, 07:29 PM
It seems the GM by committee aproach seems to be working quite well so far

Captain gameboy
03-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah, Wilson and Co. have done an excellent job the past two off-seasons. Now let's see if they can draft.

The point is that it isn't Wilson at all.

The new group is running this.

I haven't had a problem with our drafts since TD.

I have had a problem with our pro player personnel decisions.

I think we have really screwed up free agency.

I really like these last signings, and I thought we would have a really tough time attracting FA's to this franchise.

I am surprised and I am pleased.

Buffatexas
03-02-2008, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=gameboy]The point is that it isn't Wilson at all.
QUOTE]

Not directed at you gameboy, but we cannot have it both ways. When good things happen, we cant say it is not Ralph and only use his name when the schnitt hits the fan.

I can almost bet that IF Stroud, Mitchell, and now possibly Johnson busts here, then it will be all Wilson's fault for promoting guys that aren't "named" and "experienced" to make the decisions to sign these guys.

OpIv37
03-02-2008, 09:22 PM
new era? That remains to be seen- if you are right and the new "GM by committee" is running this rather than Ralph, it is definitely a new era and most likely for the better.

At this point, though, it's a significant departure from how FA was handled the last few years and a change for the better. It's too early to say before the players hit the field, but it's entirely possible that we did better in the first two days of FA than Marv did with FA's in two years.

Oaf
03-02-2008, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=gameboy]The point is that it isn't Wilson at all.
QUOTE]

Not directed at you gameboy, but we cannot have it both ways. When good things happen, we cant say it is not Ralph and only use his name when the schnitt hits the fan.

I can almost bet that IF Stroud, Mitchell, and now possibly Johnson busts here, then it will be all Wilson's fault for promoting guys that aren't "named" and "experienced" to make the decisions to sign these guys.
Or even further, if we had not made these signings, we'd pointing to him as to why we were being so inactive. That's a good point Buffa.

Meathead
03-02-2008, 10:03 PM
yeah well im as excited as anybody, well almost anybody, but lets not get carried away. lots of things can go wrong. every fa theyve signed could end up being a big disappointment

nevertheless things look a lot better now than they did this time last year. cant wait to see a healthy poz, a more experienced lynch, evans with a big body on the other side, a stud dlman, a very good lb, hopefully a new te, and all on a young team that got a lot of valuable snaps learning the ropes last year

lots to look forward to