PDA

View Full Version : Crumpler Still Available

B-DON
03-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Crumpler's Agent: ''No Deal Yet''
By Jonathan Hutton March 2, 2008

Despite a report that tight end Alge Crumpler has agreed to terms to become the newest Titan acquisition, agent James Williams told Titans Radio Sunday night that his client has not agreed to a contract -- at least not yet.

The deal is reported to be a two year contract worth $5.25 million dollars, with a $1 million dollar signing bonus.

''Where did you see that report?...We talked on Sunday, lets put it that way,'' Williams said. ''He has not signed a contract nor agreed to anything.''

Crumpler visited with the Titans last week and has also met with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Seattle Seahawks since being released last month.

Tampa has already signed another tight end, but Seattle seemed to remain interested throughout the weekend. There had been a rumor that the four-time Pro-Bowler was close to signing a deal with the Seahawks, a story his agent later clarified.

''When there's a contract signed you'll hear about it, I'm sure,'' Williams said.

The last report that surfaced on Crumpler said he was going to speak with the Buffalo Bills Monday morning. Williams denied that report, as he has with many others involving his client, a sign of posturing.

Crumpler just finished his seventh season in the league and has 316 catches for 4,212 yards and 35 touchdowns throughout his career in Atlanta.

The Titans lost tight end Ben Hartsock on Sunday. He signed a $9 million deal with the Falcons. The team's top tight end, Bo Scaife, is a restricted free agent, while fellow tight end Ben Troupe is an unrestricted free agent and has attracted attention in the free agent market.

http://www.titansradio.com/cgi-bin/blurb_view.cgi?blurb=news620380

Buffalogic
03-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Here is the NFL.com article stating he is a Titan. (http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?id=09000d5d806fe326&template=without-video&confirm=true)

Here is the article where his agent denies that. (http://www.titansradio.com/cgi-bin/blurb_view.cgi?blurb=news620380)

Looks like Buffalo is still in the mix. I like him as the number one option at TE on the market if he is cleared physically. Great big blanket for Trent.

raphael120
03-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Didnt he go through this with the Seahawks too? Damn, he must be just waitin for the next team to throw him even more money.

Philagape
Journalism has sure come a long way since Woodward and Bernstein

Mr. Miyagi
I'd stay away from him just because of his damn agent.

Sportsuser101
03-02-2008, 08:20 PM
ESPNEWS says Crumpler signed a 2 year deal with the Tians.

B-DON
03-02-2008, 08:21 PM
This is getting a bit ridiculous

PromoTheRobot
03-02-2008, 08:22 PM
I'd stay away from him just because of his damn agent.
He does sound like a douchebag.

PTR

B-DON
03-02-2008, 08:26 PM
He does sound like a douchebag.

PTR
This sounds more like the AP screwin up again rather than his agent

YardRat
03-02-2008, 08:29 PM
The deal is reported to be a two year contract worth $5.25 million dollars, with a $1 million dollar signing bonus.

Damn, that's dirt cheap...Bring him AND Troupe in and let's see how the TE's shake out.

Bmax
03-02-2008, 10:38 PM
I bet he agreed to it but did not sign the contract....He could get more from the Bills even at 31....

Bmax

Al the Bills Fan
03-02-2008, 11:42 PM
At this point, I don't give a crap where he goes. I just want him to go there soon. I just don't want to read about it anymore. You think the deal is done, then it isn't, then it is,then it isn't.