PDA

View Full Version : Reason Why Stroud Came To Buffalo?

raphael120
03-02-2008, 11:21 PM
You really have to wonder...we're not paying him more than what he was getting Jax... I'm wondering how many other teams really expressed as much interest as the Bills... But I also think it goes to show you that whoever is in charge now really knows how to get it done.

It seems like these days whoever the Bills really want to get, they get.

Just got to thinking whenever they were asking Spencer Johnson if Stroud being here motivated him that much more to want to come to Buffalo and he replied how when he found out Stroud was going to be here he was very excited and really wanted to play with someone of that stature.

It's just nice to know that we're moving towards having an idenity as a team and I just hope it translates into wins and playoffs for us.

It's year 3 of rebuilding, and I think the last bricks are being put in place.

Mitchy moo
03-02-2008, 11:26 PM
You really have to wonder...we're not paying him more than what he was getting Jax... I'm wondering how many other teams really expressed as much interest as the Bills... But I also think it goes to show you that whoever is in charge now really knows how to get it done.

Just got to thinking whenever they were asking Spencer Johnson if Stroud being here motivated him that much more to want to come to Buffalo and he replied how when he found out Stroud was going to be here he was very excited and really wanted to play with someone of that stature.

It's just nice to know that we're moving towards having an idenity as a team and I just hope it translates into wins and playoffs for us.

It feels like many of those bricks have hit me in the head since the beginning of this decade, on the Bills front.

LtFinFan66
03-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Interesting take I will give you that. But.....how you would ever know about the above quoted section is of great interest to me:idunno:

raphael120
03-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Interesting take I will give you that. But.....how you would ever know about the above quoted section is of great interest to me:idunno:

Because we got the guys we really wanted in to see the Bills organization first before anyother team and we signed them.

Dockery, Whittle, Walker, Mitchell, Stroud, Johnson, and who knows maybe even Bryant Johnson too.

And those are some pretty big impactful guys we brought in.

Al the Bills Fan
03-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Whatever the reason, I am freakin' pumped!

LtFinFan66
03-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Because we got the guys we really wanted in to see the Bills organization first before anyother team and we signed them.

Dockery, Whittle, Walker, Mitchell, Stroud, Johnson, and who knows maybe even Bryant Johnson too.

And those are some pretty big impactful guys we brought in.But how do you know how many guys they really wanted that went elsewhere? Just asking

Devin
03-02-2008, 11:40 PM
I think hes saying in the past couple years if they came for a visit they left with a contract.

raphael120
03-02-2008, 11:41 PM
But how do you know how many guys they really wanted that went elsewhere? Just asking

I dont know but Im just saying, we've seen plenty of other players go meet with a team and then leave, or the deal breaks down.

And theyre not settling for bums like they did with Price, Bowen, etc...

Al the Bills Fan
03-02-2008, 11:45 PM
I dont know but Im just saying, we've seen plenty of other players go meet with a team and then leave, or the deal breaks down.

And theyre not settling for bums like they did with Price, Bowen, etc...
It sure seems like the players that come into Buffalo for a visit this year don't leave unsigned. Good job FO

LtFinFan66
03-03-2008, 12:00 AM

And theyre not settling for bums like they did with Price, Bowen, etc...fair enough

feelthepain
03-03-2008, 12:30 AM

You also never seem to see the Bills in a biding war with anyone over the players they are trying to land. Coincidence?

jamze132
03-03-2008, 12:37 AM
But how do you know how many guys they really wanted that went elsewhere? Just asking
Because we run the organization like its Madden. When we make an offer to a FA and he receives a higher one elsewhere, we up our offer to ensure we "can get our guy". We continue to outbid everybody else for people like Jason Whittle and Larry Tripplett! Man without those guys, who knows where we would have been last year!

LtFinFan66
03-03-2008, 12:38 AM
:rofl:

John Doe
03-03-2008, 05:41 AM
Maybe Perry Fewell deserves a little credit for Stroud wanting to be here.

don137
03-03-2008, 06:39 AM
I think what has helped Buffalo is they have already solidified the most expensive positions like QB, RB, #1 WR, both tackle positions and the DEs. Jacksonville has depth at DT so they had the luxory of trading Stroud, WLB is not a very high paying position and neither is a good back up DT. They are critical to the success of the team since they were weak areas but they did not have to break the bank to get them.
I think the Bills have good, but not great DBs, so that and WR will also be addressed in the draft.
I would also like it if Buffalo addressed the center position and RG position. In short yardage situations last year not having a great center or RG hurt them.

SquishDaFish
03-03-2008, 06:51 AM
FTP stop posting bro your not the brightest

feelthepain
03-03-2008, 06:54 AM
FTP stop posting bro your not the brightest

Why, cause I'm not blowing air up your teams skirt? I think my posts are fair, you may not agree, but that's your choice

RockStar36
03-03-2008, 06:54 AM
Maybe Stroud just wanted to be somewhere new and this was the best spot for him.

Why did Mitchell leave the SB champs on day one to come here?

acehole
03-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Qb Solidified?...1 td passs?

We shall see.

I think what has helped Buffalo is they have already solidified the most expensive positions like QB, RB, #1 WR, both tackle positions and the DEs. Jacksonville has depth at DT so they had the luxory of trading Stroud, WLB is not a very high paying position and neither is a good back up DT. They are critical to the success of the team since they were weak areas but they did not have to break the bank to get them.
I think the Bills have good, but not great DBs, so that and WR will also be addressed in the draft.
I would also like it if Buffalo addressed the center position and RG position. In short yardage situations last year not having a great center or RG hurt them.

The King
03-03-2008, 07:41 AM
Ill say this... I think we are targeting the right players. We are not going after the giant names, giant $$$ guys. We are hitting the next tier down. Productive players that tend to be of the Jauron mold... quiet guys who just get it done.

Jan Reimers
03-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Unless he had a no-trade clause in his contract, Stroud had no say in the trade.

But he said the right things, and I'm damned glad to have him.

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2008, 07:43 AM
It feels like many of those bricks have hit me in the head since the beginning of this decade, on the Bills front.
He was traded. Did he even have any say in the matter?

colin
03-03-2008, 09:06 AM
one thing i know is that given what dick knows about D and rogers (as well as the league wide knowledge on williams and jenkins) for us to get stroud that quickly tells me that is the guy they wanted.

they want sideline to sideline persuit, explosiveness, and POA strength. they are not willing to sacrifice any of those for extra size

gr8slayer
03-03-2008, 09:07 AM
He got tired of losing and wanted to come to a proven winner.

Mr. Miyagi
03-03-2008, 09:11 AM
He was traded. Did he even have any say in the matter?
Probably not a lot but he sure seems happy landing in Buffalo.

If he really hated it here he could've made it ugly, ala TO in Baltimore.

Ed
03-03-2008, 09:14 AM
To be honest, I think what helps us the most in aquiring free agents is Dick Jauron. Say what you want about him, but it's no secret that he has a great reputation among the players in this league. He's smart, well spoken and treats everyone with respect.

Everyone loves playing for Dick!

Jan Reimers
03-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Let me reiterate. It was a TRADE. He was not a free agent with a choice of teams.

realdealryan
03-03-2008, 10:34 AM

That's the feeling I get from your posts. hahaha

Why Stroud would be excited to come to Buffalo from a playoff team in Florida is beyond me. The atmosphere when we beat them two years ago in our house? Maybe he knows that we worship all of our players*.

*exceptions

1. Tim Anderson
2. any qb that sucks
3. anyone that talks s**t about WNY

bflojohn
03-03-2008, 11:47 AM
During the weekend, Feelthepain, how many players were HOTLY contested? The answer (I'll help you out here) is that there wasn't any! Even your signing of Ernest Wilford was an issue in the press only because Buffalo "expressed an interest", but he never left Miami until he signed the contract! How in the world is THAT a contentious situation.... IT ISN'T! Generally, teams "target" their guys, and usually can sell them on the "vision" going forward. Free agency usually doesn't get into the crux of team offer versus other teams offer very often. The poster child this year for that statement is Randy Moss! IS there a bidding war for his services.... HARDLY!!