• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Reason Why Stroud Came To Buffalo?

You really have to wonder...we're not paying him more than what he was getting Jax... I'm wondering how many other teams really expressed as much interest as the Bills... But I also think it goes to show you that whoever is in charge now really knows how to get it done.

It seems like these days whoever the Bills really want to get, they get.

Just got to thinking whenever they were asking Spencer Johnson if Stroud being here motivated him that much more to want to come to Buffalo and he replied how when he found out Stroud was going to be here he was very excited and really wanted to play with someone of that stature.

It's just nice to know that we're moving towards having an idenity as a team and I just hope it translates into wins and playoffs for us.

It's year 3 of rebuilding, and I think the last bricks are being put in place.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Reason Why Stroud Came To Buffalo?

Originally posted by raphael120
    You really have to wonder...we're not paying him more than what he was getting Jax... I'm wondering how many other teams really expressed as much interest as the Bills... But I also think it goes to show you that whoever is in charge now really knows how to get it done.

Just got to thinking whenever they were asking Spencer Johnson if Stroud being here motivated him that much more to want to come to Buffalo and he replied how when he found out Stroud was going to be here he was very excited and really wanted to play with someone of that stature.

It's just nice to know that we're moving towards having an idenity as a team and I just hope it translates into wins and playoffs for us.

It feels like many of those bricks have hit me in the head since the beginning of this decade, on the Bills front.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

Interesting take I will give you that. But.....how you would ever know about the above quoted section is of great interest to me

Comment

• raphael120
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
        Interesting take I will give you that. But.....how you would ever know about the above quoted section is of great interest to me
        Because we got the guys we really wanted in to see the Bills organization first before anyother team and we signed them.

Dockery, Whittle, Walker, Mitchell, Stroud, Johnson, and who knows maybe even Bryant Johnson too.

And those are some pretty big impactful guys we brought in.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
          • Aug 2007

Whatever the reason, I am freakin' pumped!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
            • Mar 2005

Because we got the guys we really wanted in to see the Bills organization first before anyother team and we signed them.

Dockery, Whittle, Walker, Mitchell, Stroud, Johnson, and who knows maybe even Bryant Johnson too.

And those are some pretty big impactful guys we brought in.
            But how do you know how many guys they really wanted that went elsewhere? Just asking

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

I think hes saying in the past couple years if they came for a visit they left with a contract.
              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• raphael120
                • Oct 2005

But how do you know how many guys they really wanted that went elsewhere? Just asking
                I dont know but Im just saying, we've seen plenty of other players go meet with a team and then leave, or the deal breaks down.

And theyre not settling for bums like they did with Price, Bowen, etc...

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
                  • Aug 2007

I dont know but Im just saying, we've seen plenty of other players go meet with a team and then leave, or the deal breaks down.

It sure seems like the players that come into Buffalo for a visit this year don't leave unsigned. Good job FO

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                    • Mar 2005

fair enough

Comment

• feelthepain
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

You also never seem to see the Bills in a biding war with anyone over the players they are trying to land. Coincidence?

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

Because we run the organization like its Madden. When we make an offer to a FA and he receives a higher one elsewhere, we up our offer to ensure we "can get our guy". We continue to outbid everybody else for people like Jason Whittle and Larry Tripplett! Man without those guys, who knows where we would have been last year!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                          • Mar 2005

Comment

• John Doe
                            Florida Man
                            • Jul 2002

Maybe Perry Fewell deserves a little credit for Stroud wanting to be here.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

I think what has helped Buffalo is they have already solidified the most expensive positions like QB, RB, #1 WR, both tackle positions and the DEs. Jacksonville has depth at DT so they had the luxory of trading Stroud, WLB is not a very high paying position and neither is a good back up DT. They are critical to the success of the team since they were weak areas but they did not have to break the bank to get them.
                              I think the Bills have good, but not great DBs, so that and WR will also be addressed in the draft.
                              I would also like it if Buffalo addressed the center position and RG position. In short yardage situations last year not having a great center or RG hurt them.

Comment

Working...
                              X