• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

Bryant Johnson= Josh Reed

...plus a few inches. Their production is eerily similar. Look at their yards,TDs, AVG. And after 5years in the league I think it's a pretty big stretch to think that he's going to suddenly blossom (don't give me that Cris Carter BS either.....for every Cris Carter there are 20 Mike Williams).

So to me he's a big . Guess he won't hurt if we do end up getting him, but I just don't see him being a big help (like Troupe won't help us either IMO). We gotta get our big guy in the draft regardless.

Here are both of their career stats, go see for yourself.
    Complete career NFL stats for Houston Texans Wide Receiver Bryant Johnson on ESPN. Includes scoring, rushing, defensive and receiving stats.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=3564
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Bryant Johnson= Josh Reed

Arizona has been a doormat forever.

Comment

• Mad Max
      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
      Arizona has been a doormat forever.
      Of course that's 100% accurate scoobster, yet somehow Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald both "got theirs" didn't they.

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

Maybe his production is similar because he was BEHIND Boldin and Fitz. That makes a huge difference. What is Josh Reed's excuse? He was behind Peerless Price?

D & S Sports

Comment

• tampabay25690
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by madmaxwell
          ...plus a few inches. Their production is eerily similar. Look at their yards,TDs, AVG. And after 5years in the league I think it's a pretty big stretch to think that he's going to suddenly blossom (don't give me that Cris Carter BS either.....for every Cris Carter there are 20 Mike Williams).

So to me he's a big . Guess he won't hurt if we do end up getting him, but I just don't see him being a big help (like Troupe won't help us either IMO). We gotta get our big guy in the draft regardless.

Here are both of their career stats, go see for yourself.
          Complete career NFL stats for Houston Texans Wide Receiver Bryant Johnson on ESPN. Includes scoring, rushing, defensive and receiving stats.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=3564

WHY is that everone looks at STATS 1st.......

The guy si splaying behind 2 #1 WR.....In Buffalo we have 1 #1 WR in EVANS......If Johnson has a chance you know the guy wants to show that he can shine.

You have to look at what a guy can do not at STATS
          GO Gators!!!!!!
          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Don't Panic
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Dec 2005

Did Josh Reed play behind two Pro Bowlers the last 4 years? When Johnson was given the opportunity, he performed. Redd has been given the same opportunity multiple times and done nothing. He is an adequate #2, and a definite upgrade over Reed.

Comment

• Mad Max
              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by RockStar36
              Maybe his production is similar because he was BEHIND Boldin and Fitz. That makes a huge difference. What is Josh Reed's excuse? He was behind Peerless Price?
              He was drafted (1st round) before both of those guys. So that means he was ahead of the curve experience wise (by a long shot) against both those guys, yet he still couldn't stay/get ahead of them. He ws severly outclassed by both of them, that's why he was behind them. Same reason Reed was behind Price. Do you think we'd have brought Price back if Reed performed as a #2 should?

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                • Sep 2003

I really don't think Reed and Johnson are even comparable... Look at some of the Johnson highlights and find me 1 of josh reed making a similar play!

Comment

• tampabay25690
                  • Feb 2004

Well like it or not and I think most of us that knows football (LIKE IT)...

But Bryant Johnson will be announced today as the Newest Member of the Buffalo Bills. Finally on buffalobills.com they stated that Johnson will be signed today.

Im sure they are just working out a few details.....

NICE
                  GO Gators!!!!!!
                  GO GATORS!!

Comment

• colin
                    Drew's my hero!
                    • Jul 2002

dude, this isn't madden.

we need size and physical play. jonson can provide some of that for us.

a screen or slant to him can go for more than 3 yards because of his physical ability. we don't have anyone like that now.

we do also need another wr (2nd round rook is what i am thinking, someone will fall) and TE. i expect an FA te and a rook as well.

every player we add is allowing more production for our O.

and i can't shake the feeling that in the first 4 rounds we are gonna grab an interior blocker who ends up falling.

Comment

• Mad Max
                      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                      But Bryant Johnson will be announced today as the Newest Member of the Buffalo Bills.
                      Great. Then I hope he catches 10 TD's. Like I said in my original post I am ambivalent about him. I hope he does well (now that he's a Bill), I just don't think he's an improvement over Reed (maybe one or two coffin corner ally-oops notwithstanding).

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

He did have problems with drops early in his career, causing the Cards to select Larry Fitz to play across from Bouldin. The drops became more infrequent as he moved to a #3 role.

I still think the Bills draft another WR at some point, regardless of the signing. They cut Peerless and let Aiken walk. Same goes for TE, even if they sign Troupe. Seems to be short and Royal is no cinch. He bobbles the ball too much.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• tampabay25690
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
                          He did have problems with drops early in his career, causing the Cards to select Larry Fitz to play across from Bouldin. The drops became more infrequent as he moved to a #3 role.

I still think the Bills draft another WR at some point, regardless of the signing. They cut Peerless and let Aiken walk. Same goes for TE, even if they sign Troupe. Seems to be short and Royal is no cinch. He bobbles the ball too much.
                          Another WR for sure, I say you keep Royal though. I would like to see him and Troupe opposite each other.
                          GO Gators!!!!!!
                          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• colin
                            Drew's my hero!
                            • Jul 2002

we play 3 wide and 2 TE often enough to really need 4 wrs and 3 TEs on the team who we can put in there.

even if it is for less than a week, a couple of these guys are gonna get dinged up. reed, evans, parish, johnson, rook, we need em all.

the colts this year had a rough patch (although they also lost two tackles and the most expensive DE ever!!) starting against the pats by losing their wideouts all in one game. if they had an extra guy who could play they may well have beaten the pats.

although you need a bunch of good DL and OL, you need linebackers on D to make the tackles and WRs on O to catch the ball.
                            somebody has to finish the play.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Accept Johnson is 6'3" while Reed is 5'10". We needed a bigger target bottom line.

Comment

Working...
                              X