PDA

View Full Version : IF Bryant Johnson signs with Buffalo....

kernowboy
03-03-2008, 07:21 AM
As announced on www.Buffalobills.com (http://www.Buffalobills.com)

Can we assume then that WR falls down our priority in the draft especially as many doubt there's a candidate worthy of No11?

I am beginning to like Dominique Rogers-Cromartie here. He'd be an upgrade and having lost Webster and Thomas, we are pretty light at this position.

There might be a look at an end like Harvey or Merling, but with a decent, if fit, rotation, would be go R1 here?

I'd like our R1 to be on the field for the first offensive or defensive play of the season respective.

Devin
03-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Bryant Johnson hasnt signed has he?

jmb1099
03-03-2008, 07:23 AM
i don't see it

Mr. Pink
03-03-2008, 07:24 AM
here we go again! ugh.

The King
SPAM

jdbillsfan
It's on the crawl. If you follow the link though, its just speculation.

The Spaz
03-03-2008, 07:25 AM
It's on the scrolling bottom line.

User Manuel
03-03-2008, 07:25 AM
ummmmm...not seeing it.

Jan Reimers
03-03-2008, 07:37 AM
Actually, the thread said IF. . . But even if we sign him, I can't see Bryant Johnson as an automatic for our #2 WR spot. I'd still take Malcolm Kelley at 11, a CB in round 2, and a TE in round 3, even if we sign Troupe.

tampabay25690
03-03-2008, 07:43 AM
When he is signed today....

I still think you need more depth at that position anyway. YES Johnson would be our new #2 WR.......It is so hard for a Rookie WR to start right away. I still think Kelly at 11 or a CB would be the pick for us there. UNLESS someone drops to 11 that we didn't think would.......

mysticsoto
03-03-2008, 08:01 AM

Can we assume then that WR falls down our priority in the draft especially as many doubt there's a candidate worthy of No11?

I am beginning to like Dominique Rogers-Cromartie here. He'd be an upgrade and having lost Webster and Thomas, we are pretty light at this position.

There might be a look at an end like Harvey or Merling, but with a decent, if fit, rotation, would be go R1 here?

I'd like our R1 to be on the field for the first offensive or defensive play of the season respective.

You know what's really going to make things difficult...what if the Patriots (or another team before us) signs DRC? Grrrr! I will be madder than hell if we are only left with reaches by the time our pick comes around!!!

Bert102176
03-03-2008, 08:03 AM

he hasn't even signed

Bert102176
03-03-2008, 08:04 AM
even if we sign him I think we should still get sweed or kelly

TigerJ
03-03-2008, 08:17 AM
This is where the scroll links to:

http://www.buffalobills.com/billsclipstoday/

If Buffalo does sign B Johnson, I don't think they will draft a WR at #11, Kelly or anyone else. I think CB becomes the probable pick with an outside shot at DE (Merling or Derrick Harvey). Round 2 gets us our receiving tight end, and round 3 our center. Thereafter, it's BPA.

DraftBoy
03-03-2008, 08:17 AM
even if we sign him I think we should still get sweed or kelly

to be a 4th WR for a year? Its hard to see a rookie coming and beating out Evans, a FA we payed decent money, and our best blocking WR.

mysticsoto
03-03-2008, 10:17 AM
to be a 4th WR for a year? Its hard to see a rookie coming and beating out Evans, a FA we payed decent money, and our best blocking WR.

Unless they are planning on losing Evans next year and can't come to an agreement w/r/t price. Then they could draft a #1 WR to develop and take his place next year...

kernowboy
03-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Despite the signing of Stroud and Johnson, I still think we will consider DT on Day1. Irrespective of these signing, Stroud and McCargo have missed 12 and 11 of their last 32games, and I am not happy with having to start Williams, Johnson and Jefferson for long periods. Big fast DTs are like gold dust and I don't think we'd let Dre Moore slip beyond No41 if he's still there. He can be in the rotation, can play some end with his speed (4.88) as he's faster than Campbell and is also one for the future.

I also think IF we sign Bryant Johnson and Ben Troupe, then R3 & R4 become suitable options for the WR and TE positions. Adarius Bowman and John Carlson/Kellen Davis should still be here after their combine performances and both upgrade the depth at each position whilst each can push to start.

At Center the only guys who carry a R3 grade are Justice and Pollak and both are no bigger than Fowler, not dealing with the size issue. I can see us waiting until R5 or R6 and looking at the bigger guys in the class, Drew Miller and Fernando Velasco.

I think in R1, Dominique Rogers-Cromartie, Leon McKelvin and Mike Jenkins will be available. I prefer DRC but all could be immediate upgrades and starters.

mysticsoto
03-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Why is everyone so in love with Adarius Bowman? There's a reason he's fallen from initial late day 1 early day 2 value. Did you know that his 40 time was a 4.67 (according to nfldraftcountdown.com) ??? He is also said to have character issues and might even be looked at to move to TE b'cse he's too slow at WR...

PECKERWOOD
03-03-2008, 09:01 PM
I say we trade to the bottom of the 1st and grab a 2nd and 3rd round pick this year or a 2nd this year and a 1st next year. If the latter option plays out I do this:

Rd1.) Early Doucet, WR, LSU
Rd2a.) Calais Campbell, DE, Miami
Rd2b.) Pat Sims, DT, Auburn
Rd3.) Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
Rd4.) Martin Rucker, TE, Mizzouri
Rd5.) Marcus Griffin, S, Texas

If that draft happened, I would crap my pants.