PDA

View Full Version : Tuna in Trouble?

DBrown77
03-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Anyone see this article regarding Bill Parcells adn how he flies under the leagues radar? pretty interesting. its on the rumor mill on PFT. heres a small snippet.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

This time around, however, Parcells might have provided the league with enough ammunition to act. A league source recently pointed out to us this nugget from Peter King's "Ten Things I Think" in his MMQB: "I think you shouldn't make too much of this, but Bill Parcells, czar of the Dolphins, holder of the first pick in the draft, called Boston College coach Jeff Jagodzinski the other day and requested video of every one of quarterback Matt Ryan's 654 passes last fall (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/03/02/cleveland/4.html). I still say Ryan at No. 3, to Atlanta, makes the most sense. "
But there's a problem with that. The source said that this practice is "very much against league rules, which forbid teams from contacting college teams for college video."

Ed
03-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Take away their draft picks!

gr8slayer
03-03-2008, 05:42 PM
I see nothing wrong with what he did :idunno:

Hamilton Billsfan
03-03-2008, 05:44 PM
That's a rule?........shouldn't he easily get that video from someplace else?

DBrown77
03-03-2008, 05:50 PM
there are about 3 other things mentioned that he did in the past. I didnt want to cut and paste the whole article. Maybe Parcells isnt the great guy everyone thinks, then again half the people in the NFL probably arent

ddaryl
03-03-2008, 05:53 PM
weird that this is against the rules... but I guess they might not want teams pesturing schools for info and video...

kgun12
03-03-2008, 06:07 PM
I see nothing wrong with what he did :idunno:

Unless there are league rules against it!

feelthepain
03-03-2008, 06:55 PM
It's being speculated that Bill may have leaked this information himself to drum up interest in Matt Ryan or to give the illusion we're interested in him. I don't think the NFL will do a thing it's not exactly and edge to anyone come gameday.

Mski
03-03-2008, 07:06 PM
there are about 3 other things mentioned that he did in the past. I didnt want to cut and paste the whole article. Maybe Parcells isnt the great guy everyone thinks, then again half the people in the NFL probably arent

this is the guy that the pats learned all their cheating ways from... that the league implemented the injury time out rule b/c of SBXXV... im sure he's broken more rules then anyone can count

YardRat
03-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Great...The AFC East might have to change their name to AFC Cheats with a family tree of Parcells, Belicheck and Mangini running things.

We should be given extra draft picks for being the only honest team in the division.

feelthepain
03-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Great...The AFC East might have to change their name to AFC Cheats with a family tree of Parcells, Belicheck and Mangini running things.

We should be given extra draft picks for being the only honest team in the division.

I hardly think what Bill and Eric have done is considered serious.

YardRat
03-03-2008, 07:27 PM
I hardly think what Bill and Eric have done is considered serious.

Can't say much about Parcells, but if the filming goes back to 2000 Mangini isn't exactly an innocent bystander.

jmb1099
03-03-2008, 07:29 PM
:roflmao:

feelthepain
03-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Can't say much about Parcells, but if the filming goes back to 2000 Mangini isn't exactly an innocent bystander.

I don't blame Mangina for BB's cheating ways.

YardRat
03-03-2008, 08:06 PM
I don't blame Mangina for BB's cheating ways.

If more allegations are proven, BB wasn't the only one cheating. The entire organization benefitted, and possibly were involved, including Mangini, Weiss, Crennel, et al.

One guy may have ordered the filming and whatever else was going on, but amny were involved in the process.

feelthepain
03-03-2008, 08:41 PM
If more allegations are proven, BB wasn't the only one cheating. The entire organization benefitted, and possibly were involved, including Mangini, Weiss, Crennel, et al.

One guy may have ordered the filming and whatever else was going on, but amny were involved in the process.

Yeah well since in NY there have been no new allegations on Manginas part. I'm not saying he didn't do his part, but I put all Patriots stuff squarley on BB.

raphael120
03-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Now if it was Bellichick he wouldn't ask, he would just put up spy cams all over Ryan's house, and have about 5 of them in the bathroom...Bellichick you dirty pervert, you...

DrGraves
03-04-2008, 01:19 AM
take away his draft pick and fine that fat slob