PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else here think that...

jimbohastle51
03-03-2008, 07:17 PM
we are trying to sign troupe and johnson since they have the same agent, and thats whats taking so long? with gaines to the lions and crumpler to the titans we dont have too many more decent options, as well as at WR.

Mitchell55
03-03-2008, 07:19 PM
we are trying to sign troupe and johnson since they have the same agent, and thats whats taking so long? with gaines to the lions and crumpler to the titans we dont have too many more decent options, as well as at WR.

I was thinking the same thing. Expecially after what Johnson already said.

YardRat
03-03-2008, 07:25 PM
I don't think one has anything to do with the other.

jimbohastle51
03-03-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't think one has anything to do with the other.

actually they do, they have the same agent, so even if they arnt working contracts at the same time, you can bet that how negotiations go with one client would have something to do with the other. if we came off to be cheap twords BJ i am sure there agent wouldnt waste time negotiating for another client right away.

jmb1099
03-03-2008, 07:32 PM
actually they do, they have the same agent, so even if they arnt working contracts at the same time, you can bet that how negotiations go with one client would have something to do with the other. if we came off to be cheap twords BJ i am sure there agent wouldnt waste time negotiating for another client right away.
I think we've proven that we're not trying to be cheap this year.

Jan Reimers
03-03-2008, 07:33 PM
We're getting a two for one special? I doubt it very much.

Jaybird
03-03-2008, 07:34 PM
the sports world does not function like this!!!

why the hell would we wait and take the chance of not getting BJ

VeggieMan14
03-03-2008, 07:36 PM
I think we've proven that we're not trying to be cheap this year. Idk if that is true i mean if you look at the contracts they rnt a lot of money considering. and we cut triplett to get stroud and johnson regardless of whether he should have been cut or not it looks like us being cheap to me. But hey im not complaining keep the players coming

YardRat
03-03-2008, 07:36 PM

Marcus Stroud and Willis McGahee have the same agent in Drew Rosenhaus. Following your logic, why did Drew waste his time with Buffalo regarding Stroud? Time heals all wounds?

mikemac2001
03-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Marcus Stroud and Willis McGahee have the same agent in Drew Rosenhaus. Following your logic, why did Drew waste his time with Buffalo regarding Stroud? Time heals all wounds?

bc drew had nothing to do with the deal

also both of his players were in buffalo same day so what he is saying if we low balled BJ maybe he would feel like we are low balling troupe or if we have good relations with BJ then the process for troupe might be smoother

Bulldog
03-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Idk if that is true i mean if you look at the contracts they rnt a lot of money considering. and we cut triplett to get stroud and johnson regardless of whether he should have been cut or not it looks like us being cheap to me. But hey im not complaining keep the players coming

Triplett getting cut had nothing to do with being cheap. I think it saved Buffalo $500,000 against the cap. It had to do with not getting production that was equal to his salary. No big loss in my book.

jmb1099
03-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Idk if that is true i mean if you look at the contracts they rnt a lot of money considering. and we cut triplett to get stroud and johnson regardless of whether he should have been cut or not it looks like us being cheap to me. But hey im not complaining keep the players coming
We cut Tripplet because he wasn't producing.
We gave Mitchell a decent contract
Johnson's Contract is also decent
Stroud is making decent money
If we were being cheap none of these guys would have signed.

Now if we could only draft Kelly or Sweed (995)

jmb1099
03-03-2008, 07:40 PM
We're getting a two for one special? I doubt it very much.
A two-fer!
Hey...maybe we could pull that off for...
Kelly and Sweed! (994)

jimbohastle51
03-03-2008, 07:40 PM

uh well thats simple, the 2 deals you are talking about happened over a year apart. i am talking about 2 clients possibly in the same day doing negotiations, what i am saying is if things broke down about BJ i am sure it would be hard for the 2 sides to sit right back down and agree about another client right away.

VeggieMan14
03-03-2008, 07:43 PM
uh well thats simple, the 2 deals you are talking about happened over a year apart. i am talking about 2 clients possibly in the same day doing negotiations, what i am saying is if things broke down about BJ i am sure it would be hard for the 2 sides to sit right back down and agree about another client right away. I sure hope so

YardRat
03-03-2008, 07:47 PM
bc drew had nothing to do with the deal

also both of his players were in buffalo same day so what he is saying if we low balled BJ maybe he would feel like we are low balling troupe or if we have good relations with BJ then the process for troupe might be smoother

uh well thats simple, the 2 deals you are talking about happened over a year apart. i am talking about 2 clients possibly in the same day doing negotiations, what i am saying is if things broke down about BJ i am sure it would be hard for the 2 sides to sit right back down and agree about another client right away.

Either scenario, if actually true, would award a merit badge to the agent for mis-representation of an individual client.

If you were Troupe, would you appreciate it if your opportunity for cashing in on a decent contract was hampered because your agent had a bad day with another client?

Or maybe it's vice-versa. Maybe Troupe got low-balled, so the agent is going to hold Johnson back from signing? I don't think so.

mikemac2001
03-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Either scenario, if actually true, would award a merit badge to the agent for mis-representation of an individual client.

If you were Troupe, would you appreciate it if your opportunity for cashing in on a decent contract was hampered because your agent had a bad day with another client?

Or maybe it's vice-versa. Maybe Troupe got low-balled, so the agent is going to hold Johnson back from signing? I don't think so.

It could affect the process i mean any offer he is gonna talk to troupe about or bj but lets say they had some heated discussions and buffalo wouldnt budge on it do you think he would really try to think he could get the same thing when he is dealing it with the 2nd contract.

i dont believe if we didnt give bj everything he wanted then he would be like sorry troupe but i believe if they both are happy with what was put on the table for the first guy that yes the process will be smoother for the 2nd.

an agent is like a business and if you have a good business relationship its easier to get **** done is all people are trying to say.

sorry if thats a mess im not the best writer and sometimes have many run on sentences

YardRat
03-03-2008, 08:02 PM
It could affect the process i mean any offer he is gonna talk to troupe about or bj but lets say they had some heated discussions and buffalo wouldnt budge on it do you think he would really try to think he could get the same thing when he is dealing it with the 2nd contract.

i dont believe if we didnt give bj everything he wanted then he would be like sorry troupe but i believe if they both are happy with what was put on the table for the first guy that yes the process will be smoother for the 2nd.

an agent is like a business and if you have a good business relationship its easier to get **** done is all people are trying to say.

sorry if thats a mess im not the best writer and sometimes have many run on sentences

I can understand what you're writing...no need to apologize, and I'm not attempting to insinuate that it's out of the realm of possibility...I just don't think it's likely to be the case in general for agents w/multiple clients, or the case in this specific scenario.

Sigel (I think that's their agent, not positive) would be doing both of his clients an injustice if he didn't treat their situations as anything but on their own merits, and if he or any agent ever actually did practice in that manner he probably wouldn't retain many clients and thus not be in business for too long.

mikemac2001
03-03-2008, 08:28 PM
I can understand what you're writing...no need to apologize, and I'm not attempting to insinuate that it's out of the realm of possibility...I just don't think it's likely to be the case in general for agents w/multiple clients, or the case in this specific scenario.

Sigel (I think that's their agent, not positive) would be doing both of his clients an injustice if he didn't treat their situations as anything but on their own merits, and if he or any agent ever actually did practice in that manner he probably wouldn't retain many clients and thus not be in business for too long.

i know but as a business aspect if you work with people and have smooth transactions its just natural to work together at a smoother pace because you have already built a trust up with them.

build a good relationship its much easier to get it done

streetkings01
03-03-2008, 08:31 PM
we are trying to sign troupe and johnson since they have the same agent, and thats whats taking so long? with gaines to the lions and crumpler to the titans we dont have too many more decent options, as well as at WR.No!