• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LifetimeBillsFan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Aug 2004

An Answer To The Question...

I don't know if it is appropriate for me to post this here, but a couple of weeks ago someone started a thread questioning whether it is possible that the Bills' management ever checks out the Bills Zone and its messageboards.

Well, I don't know about the messageboards, but I think I have an answer to the question of whether Bills management is aware of what appears on the Bills Zone front page:

On Friday night, I was so angry with Chris Brown and the Bills for leaving everyone hanging with no news about what was happening with M.Stroud, or even a polite announcement that there would be not further information forth-coming at some point in the evening, that I wrote a blistering email to Brown and to Customer Service at the addresses provided for them on the bb.com website.

I received no response to my email nor was there any change in their behavior on their website on Saturday or Sunday. BUT....

Then I included a couple of paragraphs summarizing my complaint about this to the end of my "As I See It: Bills Acquire Marcus Stroud; Strengthen Defense With Solid Moves" article that currently is appearing on the Bills Zone front page (for those of you who haven't seen it, I will copy it below).

Today, with Bills fans anxiously awaiting word on what was happening with Bryant Johnson's visit to the Bills, Chris Brown, in two entries to his blog on bb.com, summarized what the Johnson situation was at that point (5:18 pm) and then let Bills fans know that there would be no further information forth-coming about it on Monday in the following post (at 5:20 pm):

Signing off for the day

Today
    Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 5:20 PM ET | Link

SIGNING OFF FOR THE DAY: Well I'm signing off for the day. If there's any breaking news concerning the Bills I'll be sure to post. ---

Considering that no such courtesy had been previously extended to Bills fans in the past and that this was not done on Saturday or Sunday following the sending of my email, but ONLY happened after my complaint appeared in the article that was posted on the Bills Zone front page, I think that it is fair to conclude that there is a pretty good chance that someone at OBD saw it in the article on the BZ front page and, only then, decided that Brown should respond to it as he did.

I don't think my email, being just one of many that they probably receive, would have gotten any attention or response had it not been for the fact that the complaint contained within it had also appeared on the Bills Zone front page. And, that leads me to believe that someone at OBD is at least monitoring what appears there.

Which is at least an answer to the question that was asked here a couple of weeks ago.

-----------------------(here's what I wrote in the article)----------------

"PS: On a more personal note: the Stroud and Johnson deals on Saturday--as good as they were for the team and as exciting as they were for Bills fans--do not entirely make up for the lack of courtesy shown by Bills management on Friday night when it left hundreds, if not thousands of its most avid fans hanging on their computers for hours waiting for news without so much as a mention of Stroud's name or even so much as a brief mention by Chris Brown on his blog that no further news would be forth-coming on their website after a certain point on that evening!

That lack of common courtesy upset a lot of Bills fans, including this one. And, it is something that Bills management should look to immediately correct.

There are understandable reasons for an "information blackout", but, even in such circumstances, there is no reason for the team not to post a simple statement that no further information will be forth-coming in such a situation when they know that their most avid fans are anxiously waiting to hear something, anything, from them on their website."
    ( http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archi...olid_moves.php )
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.
  • DrGraves
    • Mar 2008

Re: An Answer To The Question...

you're exactly right. management should keep everyone updated, even if the update is that there will be no updates untill tomorrow.

Comment

• HAMMER
      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
      • Jul 2003

Gimme a break, if a FO pays attention to a message board they are going to fail.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

I dont think they do LTBF, however I suspect they got a lot of those types of emails.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

Chris Brown was also getting a lot of crap on the bb.com boards for the lack of updates. I think it has less to do with the FO and more to do with CB slacking or being handcuffed.
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

Sometimes we forget... people at One Bills Drive are Football and Bills fans just like us. I am sure they surf our website, and many who work there (maybe not the executives) read our forums. I am sure that a tiny percentage of what we express is somehow brought to their attention... if nothing more than a secretary telling her boss that perception about a certain issue is not good.

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

I don't think football executives look message boards but I would not be surprised if some lower ranked team official did just to get a pulse of what the fans are thinking and feeling. Remember they need to market to these fans and what better way than to review a few message boards to see what they are saying.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

I know for a fact Bills exectuives are well aware of the fan sites that exist.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

dear ralph

i am sorry about the joke i made about you regarding the depends

your fan

meathead
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    And a fair number of current players....

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      Do you happen to know if they like my stuff?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                        Who doesn't love your stuff?
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
                          dear ralph

i am sorry about the joke i made about you regarding the depends

your fan

meathead
                          P.S. I was only projecting my own flaws

Comment

• Bulldog
                            Top Dog
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            I have specifically heard that they think you suck!
                            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

Think about it. If there was a website analizing your every move would you not be interested in what people were saying about you? Just out of curiosity? Theres people at One BD that read this site. I'd bet on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X