PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Too Bad Bernier Can't Play D - Struggling??

Ebenezer
03-04-2008, 02:11 AM
Forked from: Too Bad Bernier Can't Play D (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2356657)

We've played and pretty much lost against all the teams ahead of us in the past week or so.

It's not looking good. This seems like a very emotionally fragile team. They certainly aren't playing like theyre on the verge of being out of playoff contention.

Do you think it's because they've had it relatively easy with not being leaders but for the most part followers and now that all the leaders are gone, no one is feeling responsible or no one is taking responsibility except the guys who no one should expect much from. (mair, kaleta, etc...) It seems like the guys who SHOULD be the leaders and should be leading by example are not at all.

So? Are we struggling to contend, yet?

Mitchy moo
03-04-2008, 06:54 AM
Forked from: Too Bad Bernier Can't Play D (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2356657)

So? Are we struggling to contend, yet?

With all these extra threads about the same thing, yeah.

Dr. Lecter
03-04-2008, 07:17 AM
No.

Struggling to contend is being way out of a playoff spot, not sitting 9th in the conference.

SabreEleven
03-04-2008, 08:40 AM
This is the most important time of the year to win especially when you are out of the playoffs. I know we played the 2 of the best teams in the league, but we didn't even compete with them. Blown out in both games with no effort in either one after a big trade of one of their top players. No confidence and no leaders on the ice to help them find it. I would call that struggling and it just might be plain giving up. We will see tonight.

Dr. Lecter
03-04-2008, 08:43 AM
They miss Hecht, that much is for sure.

SabreEleven
03-04-2008, 10:50 AM
One player should not make that much of a difference.

OpIv37
03-04-2008, 01:50 PM
One player should not make that much of a difference.

Tell that to the Penguins when Crosby went down. Oh, wait. Nevermind.

raphael120
03-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Yeah we're in 9th place but we're getting beat by all the teams ahead of us, and most importantly, we're gettin beat by the teams that we're fighting with for that 8th spot.

It's this reason that I think we're screwed.

Meathead
03-05-2008, 04:33 AM
man i cant wait to :lolpoint: eb if the sabres make the playoffs

if they dont i will pretend this post never happened

don137
03-05-2008, 08:14 AM
Bernier has 2 goals and 3 assists in the 4 games he has been here. I will gladly take the 1+ point a game average and a first round pick for a guy that had 20 games left for his Sabres career....I do agree the Sabres defensemen have been soft lately but the back checking by the forwards also seems to be lacking.