• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Progress Report...FA after Four Days

DT-Traded for Stroud, signed Johnson, cut Tripplett. Net difference = HUGE plus.

WR-Nothing concrete on Johnson yet, plans to visit DC, no other WR on the radar yet. Aiken gone. We'll just have to play the waiting game and see how BJ unfolds. Push at this point, but could be loss if Johnson signs with the Skins and nobody else is brought in.

TE-Did Troupe actually make it in yet? Has he left, also, without a contract? Crumpler rumors probably just posturing to get a better offer from Titans. Lost Gaines. Push.

LB-Mitchell was a good signing and a definite upgrade to the line-up. Plus.

CB-No rumours, no visits...nothing. Cut Thomas. Loss.

#2 QB-Nobody on the radar, apparently, and JP most likely out the door. Loss.

C-Again...Nobody on the radar, but at least we haven't cut Fowler yet. Push.

RG-Nary a mention, and probably the least likely position to be expected to be addressed via FA, so not really a big deal IMO.

FB- Again...Did the kid from Atlanta show yet? Push.

What the team, and the players they are interested in, do over the next few days will really be the determining factor as to exactly how well they've actually done this year with free agency.

Stroud, Mitchell, and Johnson are excellent acquisitions that immediately upgrade the D, but play-makers are still needed on the other side of the ball to improve an anemic (at best) offense. The Bills simply cannot go into the draft looking to fill the remaining holes with rookies, and a couple of more players are necessary.

If Johnson goes, that pretty much leaves Walker and Hackett. Troupe is the BPA at this point, and if he isn't signed TE will probably be shelved for any hope of upgrade.

C, RG, CB, are probably afterthoughts and draft targets, unless we want to count depth or camp fodder. #2 QB is a must, IMO, and the perceived better fits aren't staying on the market for long.

If we can still snag a wideout and Troupe, we're grinning. If not, we'll be lacking going into the draft.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Progress Report...FA after Four Days

The Bills still need another wide body to backup Stroud. Spare me the Kyle Williams talk.

If Stroud has ankle problems, we're right back where we were. 2nd or 3rd round, I see another DT.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

If nobody's on the radar, why would they cut JP?
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

You can't fix everything in a week.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by mybills

If nobody's on the radar, why would they cut JP?
          I doubt they cut him, but a trade is most likely scenario.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• raphael120
            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
            • Oct 2005

Yeah they arent fixing this offense unless they get a playmaker at WR and TE. This aint a 1 person fix. Our WR corps is weak as hell.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
              I doubt they cut him, but a trade is most likely scenario.
              cut, trade, whatever...you said there's nobody on the radar.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Originally posted by Night Train
                The Bills still need another wide body to backup Stroud. Spare me the Kyle Williams talk.

If Stroud has ankle problems, we're right back where we were. 2nd or 3rd round, I see another DT.
                Dre Moore - played across the trenches at Maryland - big enough for the middle (6ft4,311lbs) - quick enough for the outside (a 40 of 4.88). Gets into the backfield (ask Andre Woodson) hammers the run (ask Owen Schmitt and Steve Slaton) - quicker whilst bigger than Calais Campbell by some margin at the Combine. Versatile. Will probably be available at No41.

We could even look at playing some 3-4 with him in the mix

Comment

• Don't Panic
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Dec 2005

If we trade down then I think we can adequately address our remaining needs. If we sign BJohnson and trade down, then we will definitely address our remaining needs.

Comment

I think we need to add another vet LB to maybe just a 1year deal

Considering Crowell and Posluzny's injury woes, if it were to happen again we'd have a corps of Mitchell-DiGiorgio-Ellison and nothing behind. I think we need to add a LB who can start in a pinch play SLB and ST if required. If he's any good and Crowell goes UFA next year, we have options.

Comment

• Oaf
                      Do you read what you write?
                      • Jun 2007

I don't know about you, but I'm grinning already the way we addressed our front 7. I'm kinda indifferent about Johnson or Troupe right now. Who knows if they are the answer. If they are, great. If not, it'll set us back at least another season offensively.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                        • Mar 2003

Spencer and Stroud and mitchell BOOOYAH

get troupe and johnson here we need better weapons still draft a te and wr but this gives us chance to trade down get a corner and work on depth

and get a center that doesnt suck

MUCK
                        FIAMI

Comment

Working...
                        X