PDA

View Full Version : Hackett interest? Minimal

madness
03-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Hackett interest minimal

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 9:14 AM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3070)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>HACKETT INTEREST MINIMAL: According to Seattle News Tribune (http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2008/03/03/d_j_hackett_getting_little_interest_so_f) reporter Frank Hughes the interest in free agent WR D.J. Hackett continues to be thin. His agent claims that Tampa Bay and Washington will be bringing him in for visits soon. As mentioned here yesterday we heard the Redskins were waiting to see what happened with Bryant Johnson in Buffalo before making a decision on a Hackett visit. Either way it looks like Hackett's injury situation last year is hurting him. I will say that he does play up to his size, meaning he does play big. Some opinions I've heard from some NFC sources about Johnson is that although he is big, he doesn't always play big and take full advantage of his size and strength. Truthfully I haven't seen enough of his games to make that assessment myself, but I've heard that more than once about him. --- </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Uh oh. Chris Brown is prepping the fans for a non-signing of Bryant Johnson and steer towards Hackett.

No go for Johnson I'm betting.

Mitchy moo
03-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Hey Buddy.

madness
03-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Uh oh. Chris Brown is prepping the fans for a non-signing of Bryant Johnson and steer towards Hackett.

It sure sounds like it. :nervous:

THATHURMANATOR
03-04-2008, 09:06 AM
I think I would rather have Hackett aside from the injuries.

RingofFire
03-04-2008, 09:10 AM
i like Johnson, he's white

madness
03-04-2008, 09:12 AM
I think I would rather have Hackett aside from the injuries.

I'd rather put both of them through an episode of AG to see who will be victorious. To the victor goes the *spoils!

*Bills contract

Dr. Lecter
03-04-2008, 09:16 AM

I really don't know about that. We were also told last year that he was preppeng us to have DiG to start over Poz.

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2008, 09:23 AM
i like Johnson, he's white
What?

Tatonka
03-04-2008, 09:54 AM
i would much rather have hackett than johnson, and the fact that he is not getting much press right now is great.. because if we could get hacket for what wilford signed for, that could be a HUGE steal.

DBrown77
03-04-2008, 10:01 AM
I dont think he is steering toward Hackett at all. If the Bills were interested he would have been in here by now or at least have a scheduled visit

Meathead
03-04-2008, 10:04 AM
i think he means he has a white johnson poor guy

Dujek
03-04-2008, 10:21 AM
I'd much rather have Hackett than Johnson. When Hackett plays he's productive, so if he can be brought in cheap then I'd be more than happy to take a chance on him.

OpIv37
03-04-2008, 02:00 PM
I really don't know about that. We were also told last year that he was preppeng us to have DiG to start over Poz.

he was- but fortunately Poz stepped it up and it didn't happen. Chris Brown is employed DIRECTLY by the Buffalo Bills- he doesn't get to say anything without toeing the corporate line.

madness
03-05-2008, 01:55 PM
D.J. Hackett still has an interest in Seattle (http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2008/03/05/d_j_hackett_still_has_an_interest_in_sea)Posted by Frank Hughes @ 09:24:20 am

I just spoke with D.J. Hackett's agent, Kevin Robinson, who said that his client still has an interest in rejoining the Seahawks, depending on where things go in free agency. Obviously, Hackett's injuries have cooled the interest in him on the open market and he has had no visits to any teams so far. There is an internet report that Buffalo could be interested in Hackett if their talks with Bryant Johnson fall apart, but for now it appears that Hackett is in a wait-and-see mode with Seattle as a fallback.
[More:]
One thought that I will float is that perhaps it is in everybody's best interest for Hackett to sign a one-year deal with the Seahawks. In that way, the Hawks get a player who will feel the need to prove something to everybody during his contract year, and Hackett gets the opportunity to show everybody that he can stay healthy and be productive. That may be a better option for him than taking a long-term contract somewhere else that he thinks is beneath him, then being unhappy with his deal if he does become a high-quality receiver. Of course, that also forces Hackett to give up some of the guaranteed money that I'm sure he was looking forward, but that is where he stands because of his history of injuries.
This one could be drawn-out, but I think the Seahawks feel comfortable whether he goes elsewhere or re-signs because of their three young guys.

Rotoworld says Hackett is 'begging for suitors.'

Mr. Miyagi
03-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Begging?

Okay. one year $1 million deal with incentives. I'm in.

Tatonka
03-05-2008, 04:05 PM
dude.. i just dont get how we dont bring hackett in.. he has stated that he had an interest in buffalo. he CLEARLY would take less money, as he is not getting much interest right now.. and i am sure he would GLADLY sign an incentive laden type contract that would allow him to PROVE what he is worth.

I'm telling you. when this guy is on the field.. he does well.

Last year was his first year starting..

rookie year he didnt play.

2nd year - 28 catches, 400 yards.. as the 4th wr behind engram, jackson, and branch.

as a 3rd wr in 2006 - 610 yards and 45 catches.. which is at least equivelant if not better than Johnson. 14 games played.

as a projected starter in 2007 - he played in 6 games. 5 actually because he was hurt at the beginning of the 1st game of the season.

he came back for weeks 9 - 12.

6 catches, 58 yards, and a TD
8 catches 101 yards and a TD
9 catches 136 yards and a TD
4 catches 41 yards - then got hurt during the second half of that game.

Missed 4 more games and came back the final week of the season.

4 catches for 41 yards again.

PLAYOFFS -

6 catches 101 yards and a TD against washington
2 catches for 15 yards again green bay - everyone saw how bad the whole team played in that game.

Im telling you.. this kid can play.. his injuries were not of the reoccuring nature. he got banged up. CLEARLY the kid is injury prone, but maybe he can shake it.. he can play when he is healthy.

Even in limited action this year, he has done a lot more than johnson.

7 games this season as a starter that he played in.

500 yards even. 4 TDS. 40 receptions.

and on top of that.. he is cheap at this point.

Mr. Miyagi
03-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Right right right.

Why is it that no other team is talking to him? Even Seattle isn't bringing him back?

There's something we fans just don't know about him I think.

Tatonka
03-05-2008, 07:05 PM
seattle is still interested.. but i think they are waiting for the price to drop.

i would take him in a heartbeat... hell, get him and johnson. i dont care.