X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Bills looking to trade up?

Seeing as how the Bills are covering all their major needs so quickly in FA... does anyone think that maybe they are looking to trade up in the draft to take either Gholston, Chris Long, Sed Ellis or Dorsey?

Its not as likely that they would do it for Ellis or Dorsey now that they have Stroud and Johnson but they would most likely be able to take one of Gholston or Long....

Buffalo is already a young team loaded with depth and according to the draft value chart they would only have to give up a 2nd rounder in combination with their 1st to move up to the 5th spot.

Just a thought...

When NFL general managers consider trading draft picks, they more often than not consult this value chart first.
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills looking to trade up?

Only if Ellis or Dorsey drop.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Trading up would convince the Patmoran's, gr8slayer's, and Toronto fans of the world, that the Bills are indeed SERIOUS about winning.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Romes
        Only if Ellis or Dorsey drop.
        At this point I would rather have Chris Long or Vernon Gholston than Dorsey/Ellis.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

I would rather stay at 11, grab a CB (or WR if one is not signed), then get a TE/WR/Center/Guard in round 2.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I doubt we'd go after Chris Long since we already have some big contracts in that position. Same thing for Ellis and Dorsey.

Comment

• Don't Panic
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Dec 2005

After the last few days, I really don't see us trading up for a DT, and Long is going to Miami IMO, so that leaves Gholston. I love the guy and would love to see him in a Bills uni, but does it make financial sense to go for a Gholston (considering what we would have to give up) when three of our top 10 paid players (on 2/28 anyway) were DEs? If we could deal Denney or Kelsay (unlikely), I'd more interested... just as I would if we were picking at #5 already, but given the state of things, I don't see this happening.

Comment

• Bulldog
                Top Dog
                • Jan 2003

I would rather keep the picks and stockpile players for depth. Buffalo already traded away two of their picks and I would like to see them keep the rest to add depth and special teams players.
                I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Romes
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                  At this point I would rather have Chris Long or Vernon Gholston than Dorsey/Ellis.
                  Long for sure. Dosey/Ellis would be some good insurance incase Stroud isn't able to bounce back or McCargo/Williams/Johnson don't step up.
                  Originally posted by paladin warrior
                  RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

If we trade up, keep in mind that a higher picked draft prospect is going to cost us alot more than a lower draft pick. Say goodbye to any chance of resigning Evans!!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

If we trade up, keep in mind that a higher picked draft prospect is going to cost us alot more than a lower draft pick. Say goodbye to any chance of resigning Evans!!!
                      Cap will go up next year and we are paying bigger front end money to keep the yearly costs down.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

The Salary cap goes up every year... we still have next offseason to re-sign Evans... and the Bills are still in great cap shape...

Keep in mind we might have the cheapest secondary in the NFL and our LB corps is not that expensive either....

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

The Salary cap goes up every year... we still have next offseason to re-sign Evans... and the Bills are still in great cap shape...

Keep in mind we might have the cheapest secondary in the NFL and our LB corps is not that expensive either....
                          Cap may go up next year, but so will Evan's price. At the minimum, Evans isn't going to accept any less than Bernard Berrian did this year. He will likely want $50 million+ and he certainly has a much better record than Berrian does even with the crappy QB situation here in Buffalo in the last few years...

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

I still want a WR and TE in the draft (regardless of who we sign), and CB, DE, OG could use help too. I don't want to lose any more picks. Last year showed how valuable depth is.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• acehole
                              • Jan 2006

Dont think we need him...if anything we trade down....
                              Hated by the stupid..
                              Loved by their moms.

Comment

Working...
                              X