Could the Bryant Johnson signing possibly be delayed because of Lee Evans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Could the Bryant Johnson signing possibly be delayed because of Lee Evans?

I was just starting to think something. Bryant Johnson wants to be here, it was supposedly his only visit. The Bills want him here too. John Clayton even said that Johnson could very well get a deal done today.

Maybe the big problem with this is that if they pay Johnson, they will have an unhappy Lee Evans....so they are working on his contract at the same time. That way you don't have a pissed off Lee Evans because the #2 is making more money and the contracts balance out together.

What do you guys think?
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: Could the Bryant Johnson signing possibly be delayed because of Lee Evans?

Good thinking but bottom line we could be like lee we understand this we will work on a contract after but we got to get this guy in here

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Wow, really great point.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
        Wow, really great point.
        Thanks!

Comment

• realdealryan
          realdealrex
          • Nov 2005

I thought it was already stated in an interview that they were working on a contract for Lee.

Might be wrong.

Comment

• raphael120
            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
            • Oct 2005

Very good point and I've wondered this from the get go.

I think theyre trying to figure out a reasonable figure for each of them, but bottom line is, whatever money Johnson wants (especially if its a lot) it will take away from what we're going to offer Lee.

And who do you think is more important to this offense? Lee or Johnson?

I keep harping on the fact that Lee didn't sound or act too happy this season...that's what bothers me. Lee has to play out this year, so this opens up 2 possiblities. We sign Johnson long term and we draft a WR in the first who will eventually replace Evans in '09.

OR....

We sign Johnson for a reasonable price AND sign Lee long term and draft a WR in the later rounds for depth. But again...it all comes down to Lee AND Johnsons asking price, not just Johnsons'....

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by realdealryan
              I thought it was already stated in an interview that they were working on a contract for Lee.

Might be wrong.
              I read that in article somewhere.... the Bills are apparently working on a multi-year deal with Evans...

Comment

• clumping platelets

Evans >>>>>>>> B. Johnson

Shouldn't affect extension negotiations because Johnson shouldn't be looking for much more than $4 million/season

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
                  We sign Johnson for a reasonable price AND sign Lee long term and draft a WR in the later rounds for depth. But again...it all comes down to Lee AND Johnsons asking price, not just Johnsons'....
                  I like this option the best. Good post.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

The Bills will be drafting Lee replacement with their 1st round pick this year. It will give that pick 1 year to be groomed before taking over the starting spot from Lee.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                      Evans >>>>>>>> B. Johnson

Shouldn't affect extension negotiations because Johnson shouldn't be looking for much more than $4 million/season
                      Need I remind you....Andre Davis got 4 years for $16 million and he's been nothing but a good special teamer. Plus he is 2 years older than Johnson.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                        The Bills will be drafting Lee replacement with their 1st round pick this year. It will give that pick 1 year to be groomed before taking over the starting spot from Lee. Book it.
                        I hope not.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Evans > Johnson

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                            Need I remind you....Andre Davis got 4 years for $16 million and he's been nothing but a good special teamer. Plus he is 2 years older than Johnson.
                            If you think he's nothing but a special teamer you didn't watch many Texans games this year.....

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

I think that could be the reason for the lack of updating on Johnson's situation, wouldnt it be nice to extend Lee and sign Johnson in the same day
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                              X