PDA

View Full Version : Jason Webster visiting NE

patmoran2006
03-04-2008, 11:43 AM
What the hell they thinking?

justasportsfan
03-04-2008, 11:44 AM

After all these years we still have the gall to question the PAts? I don't get it.

RockStar36
03-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Most likely they think they can pry some information out of him before they cut his sorry ass in the pre-season.

don137
03-04-2008, 12:32 PM

It's the Gregg Williams school of thinking...Schemes win championships and not players....In the Pats case it works though..

mysticsoto
03-04-2008, 01:06 PM
According to Rotoworld, the Patriots just signed Webster...

alohabillsfan
03-04-2008, 01:11 PM
ESPN will have him in the pro-bowl in no time!

Bulldog
03-04-2008, 01:12 PM
After all these years we still have the gall to question the PAts? I don't get it.

And after all these years, everyone wants to act like every move the Pats make is the best thing since sliced bread. First it was Aiken is going to be in the Pro Bowl next year, and now Webster. I'm not really all that worried about Webster going to the Pats. Their secondary has taken a hit with the loss of AS and RG, so maybe they want to sign some vets. I really don't care one way or the other. Besides, its not like he can stay healthy anyway.

Ickybaluky
03-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Yeah, they signed him:

LINK (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/03/webster_agrees.html)

Apparently the Pats decided to raid your FA like they raided Miami last year. I hope to God they don't view Webster as Samuel's replacement.

Bulldog
03-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Yeah, they signed him:

LINK (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/03/webster_agrees.html)

Apparently the Pats decided to raid your FA like they raided Miami last year. I hope to God they don't view Webster as Samuel's replacement.

For the Pats sake, I hope not either. Actually, now that I think about it, I hope they do.

NE, what are your thoughts about Lito Shepard possibly landing in New England? I haven't heard anything, just thought it would be a good fit with the recent deflections from the Patriots secondary.

mysticsoto
03-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Yeah, they signed him:

I hope they do, and I hope you guys go after Lito Sheppard. I don't want you guys taking DRC in the 1st rd of the draft...and right now, you're hurting enough in your secondary that you just might...

Ickybaluky
03-04-2008, 01:28 PM
NE, what are your thoughts about Lito Shepard possibly landing in New England? I haven't heard anything, just thought it would be a good fit with the recent deflections from the Patriots secondary.

I'd love to see Sheppard, but I think they go elsewhere. They don't pay huge money for CB (Law's first big contract was signed before Belichick got here). They let Law go and now Samuel. Trading for Sheppard will take a lot (like middle/late-first round value), IMO, and then you have to sign him to a big contract he is going to want.

He would help. They are really thin at CB. Right now, their CB depth chart is Ellis Hobbs, Jason Webster, Mike Richardson (6th round rookie out of ND last year who spent the season on IR) and Antwaan Spann (spent the last couple years on their PS). I suppose they could move Brandon Meriweather there, but watching him last year he doesn't look nearly as comfortable at CB as S.

No matter what, that is ugly. They probably bring in a bunch of Chad Scott-type vets and draft a couple young guys, if history is any judge.

Ickybaluky
03-04-2008, 01:31 PM
I hope they do, and I hope you guys go after Lito Sheppard. I don't want you guys taking DRC in the 1st rd of the draft...and right now, you're hurting enough in your secondary that you just might...

Personally, Sheppard makes a lot of sense to me. They are an older team and their window isn't going to be open forever, so get a guy who is ready to play. In a couple years blow it all up and start over.

I don't think they think that way, though.

justasportsfan
03-04-2008, 01:44 PM
And after all these years, everyone wants to act like every move the Pats make is the best thing since sliced bread. First it was Aiken is going to be in the Pro Bowl next year, and now Webster. I'm not really all that worried about Webster going to the Pats. Their secondary has taken a hit with the loss of AS and RG, so maybe they want to sign some vets. I really don't care one way or the other. Besides, its not like he can stay healthy anyway.

I'm not saying they bat 100% all the time. But you can't argue with success. Not especially this decades dynasty team. Their organization is proven. I am not gonna argue with Donald Trump how to make money.

mybills
03-04-2008, 01:48 PM
I hope to God they don't view Webster as Samuel's replacement.
if they do :lolpoint: NE

OpIv37
03-04-2008, 01:54 PM
hopefully he'll continue to be the workout warrior he was here- great Monday-Saturday, bad on Sunday.

ddaryl
03-04-2008, 02:02 PM

well its easy to make every player you draft or pick up in FA a superstar when your feeding them the opposing teams plays before the ball is snapped...

c'mon haven't you ever wonder why New England constantly was able to replace their players with no names, while the players they traded away or let walk never lived up to expectations on there new teams ????

Yeah I question the Pats

OpIv37
03-04-2008, 02:12 PM
anyone see an eerie similarity here?

We lost Nate Clements last year and tried to replace him with Jason Webster. It didn't work.

The Pats lost Samuel and are trying to replace him with Jason Webster.

Hopefully I can add "it didn't work" to that statement come January.

Dr. Lecter
03-04-2008, 02:15 PM
anyone see an eerie similarity here?

We lost Nate Clements last year and tried to replace him with Jason Webster. It didn't work.

The Pats lost Samuel and are trying to replace him with Jason Webster.

Hopefully I can add "it didn't work" to that statement come January.

I don't think it would have worked, but to be fair to Webster he played for about 1.5 quarters last year.

patmoran2006
03-04-2008, 03:41 PM
I don't think it would have worked, but to be fair to Webster he played for about 1.5 quarters last year.and he looked like it was the first time he ever put on a pair of pads and covered someone.

Hes awful.

realdealryan
03-04-2008, 05:32 PM
and he looked like it was the first time he ever put on a pair of pads and covered someone.

Hes awful.

He looked awful in the preseason game against the Saints. Just looked lost.

YardRat
03-04-2008, 05:53 PM
He signed...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-03-04-free-agent-roundup_N.htm

With cornerbacks Asante Samuel and Randall Gay leaving as free agents, the New England Patriots began rebuilding their secondary on Tuesday by signing cornerback Jason Webster.

Mski
03-04-2008, 06:37 PM
:roflmao:

With cornerbacks Asante Samuel and Randall Gay leaving as free agents, the New England Patriots began rebuilding their secondary on Tuesday by signing cornerback Jason Webster.

DrGraves
03-05-2008, 12:30 AM
glad hes in NE. Evans/ sweed/ kelly/ williams/ johnson... whoever our WR's are will torch him twice a year!

Jan Reimers
03-05-2008, 08:48 AM
I think "rebuilding their secondary" and Jason Webster, used in the same sentence, creates an oxymoron.

Ickybaluky
03-05-2008, 09:30 AM
I think "rebuilding their secondary" and Jason Webster, used in the same sentence, creates an oxymoron.

Yet, a a year ago (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2001154&postcount=44) you were willing to include him as part of the Bills rebuilding:

4.) The drafting of 6 quality defensive players last year, Poz and Wendling this year, and the addition of guys like Triplett, Walker (hopefully), Hargrove and Webster to replace a lot of aging, declining players. To rebuild the D, which was absolutely necessary.

Of course, you included Triplett and Hargrove as well. That's probably changed.

For the record, I think Webster is a 4th CB at best, and I think the Pats are looking at him as such. He is a JAG, and that is if healthy. However, a year ago there were many among here that spoke positively about him, and their view has now changed because his uniform did.