Mudflap1
03-04-2008, 01:24 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl#21

patmoran2006
03-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Dump him on Minny!

Jan Reimers
03-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Trade Losman to the Vikes for a 3rd, and then trade that 3rd to the Bucs for Simms.

Mudflap1
03-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Why not trade Losman for Simms straight up?

As an aside, I don't really want Simms. I was just going off of your post.

Jon

bigbub2352
03-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Trade Losman, then use those 2 3rds to trade back into late 1st rd and take Fred Davis at TE form USC, after we take Kelly or Sweed at 11 it is obvious we r not signing a WR of signifcance

kernowboy
03-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Trade Losman to the Vikes for a 3rd, and then trade that 3rd to the Bucs for Simms.

I'm not too high on that idea either. Particularly as I'm never happy with a leftie backing up a right armed passer.

The No3 Vikes pick is only just behind ours and unbelievably I've seen Andre Woodson available. Might be interesting, as I think in other years, Woodson could be a R1 QB.

mybills
03-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Keep him.

Mski
03-04-2008, 01:49 PM
i cant believe no one brought up the one about tony romo and jessica simspson :date:

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2008, 01:54 PM
What did the Bucs pay for Griese?

Trade JP to the Vikes for their 3rd. We give a pick to the Bucs that is in the same round as they paid the Bears for Griese, which would still be a higher pick than theirs. I'm assuming it's a 4th. We have our backup QB and basically traded up a round.

venis2k1
03-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Im not crazy about the idea of trading Losman to begin with...

Illmatic15
03-04-2008, 02:10 PM
JP and 2nd rounder for Antoine Winfield...lol..

justasportsfan
03-04-2008, 02:11 PM
1.9 million is all that would cost us for keeping JP? Keep him.

Michael82
03-04-2008, 02:17 PM
What did the Bucs pay for Griese?

Trade JP to the Vikes for their 3rd. We give a pick to the Bucs that is in the same round as they paid the Bears for Griese, which would still be a higher pick than theirs. I'm assuming it's a 4th. We have our backup QB and basically traded up a round.
Hell, I would try to swap JP Losman for Aaron Rodgers. Then we could get another QB with potential to compete with Trent Edwards and JP can be happy taking over for his favorite QB ever. :up:

Jan Reimers
03-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Why not trade Losman for Simms straight up?
The Bucs don't need, or want, another QB.

Saratoga Slim
03-04-2008, 02:24 PM
1.9 million is all that would cost us for keeping JP? Keep him.

I fully understand your point, JP is probably the best backup we could ask for at this point, considering his familiarity with system, receivers, coaches etc, all for a pretty reasonable price tag. Also, he has given NO indication in any previous behavior that he's anything but a class-act, team first player. I'm not worried about him being a locker room problem if he stays here next year.

That said, he's definately NOT going to be here in 2009 under any realistic circumstances. If we can get a 3rd rounder for him, and thereby have the chance to draft a day-one talend that can help the team for 4-5 years.....I think I'd have to pull the trigger on that one.

If the compensation is a fourth rounder, I'd probably still do it. But 5th, 6th, 7th......I think JP would have more value for us as a 2008 backup than the value of those later round picks. I'd keep him if we can't get a high 4th rounder in return

Jan Reimers
03-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Hell, I would try to swap JP Losman for Aaron Rodgers. Then we could get another QB with potential to compete with Trent Edwards and JP can be happy taking over for his favorite QB ever. :up:
I don't think the Pack would go for that. Rodgers is still at least an unknown commodity, unlike JP.

venis2k1
03-04-2008, 02:34 PM
.I think JP would have more value for us as a 2008 backup than the value of those later round picks. I'd keep him if we can't get a high 4th rounder in return

Ive been screaming this for months. There is a Misconception that Losman is demaning a trade, and we NEED to move him or he will become a problem in the locker room. Losman never demanded a trade, all this came about because on Jan 4th Losmans agent Gary Wichard issued a statement to the AP and i quote:

"He would prefer to be traded, but added Losman
would play out the final year of his contract if necessary."

justasportsfan
03-04-2008, 02:46 PM
That said, he's definately NOT going to be here in 2009 under any realistic circumstances. If we can get a 3rd rounder for him, and thereby have the chance to draft a day-one talend that can help the team for 4-5 years.....I think I'd have to pull the trigger on that one.

If the compensation is a fourth rounder, I'd probably still do it. But 5th, 6th, 7th......I think JP would have more value for us as a 2008 backup than the value of those later round picks. I'd keep him if we can't get a high 4th rounder in return
If Trents durability wasn't an issue I say trade JP.

justasportsfan
03-04-2008, 02:47 PM
I don't think the Pack would go for that. Rodgers is still at least an unknown commodity, unlike JP.
JP is an unkown commodity in a good system.

raphael120
03-04-2008, 02:49 PM
I just want him gone so the bull**** JP threads will finally end.

justasportsfan
03-04-2008, 02:55 PM

A true bills fan would want whats best for the team. JP is the best back-up for this team. If you want him gone just for your own issues, i suggest you stop reading any bills mb for a while. JP is still a bill. Anything said about any bills player on a bills MB is fine. We'll inform you of any updates. thanks

User Manuel
03-04-2008, 02:57 PM
A true bills fan would want whats best for the team. JP is the best back-up for this team. If you want him gone just for your own issues, i suggest you stop reading any bills mb for a while. JP is still a bill. Anything said about any bills player on a bills MB is fine. We'll inform you of any updates. thanks

I agree to a point. JP is the best backup for this team currently on the roster. I dont care if they get rid of him as long as they bring in a PROVEN NFL backup.

I do not want to cut him just to cut him.

justasportsfan
03-04-2008, 02:58 PM
I agree to a point. JP is the best backup for this team currently on the roster. I dont care if they get rid of him as long as they bring in a PROVEN NFL backup.

I do not want to cut him just to cut him.
fair enough.

A proven NFL back-up may not have the same chemistry JP has with either Lee or Reed.

I guess it boils down to how much Dick is willing to risk what could be his last year here. If Trent who isn't even proven goes down and his back-up takes a step back, Dick is done here. Dick needs assurance that whoever comes in won't take a huge step back. That would be JP. As a matter of fact, it can be argued that JP might even move us forward. I know it would cause another controversy in the making but thats what it is.

Just as TE was insurance in case JP fails, JP is insurance in case TE fails or gets injured.

With that being said, bring back Holcomb?

shelby
03-04-2008, 03:07 PM
That will never happen, my friend.....think about how the Flutie and Rob Johnson references keep rearing their ugly heads.

trapezeus
03-04-2008, 03:26 PM
i think it's well documented that JP is not the best option to backup this team. Put aside his shaky play over 4 years. The guy, rightfully, has no interest in this team.

from his point of view, We've jerked him around through several coaching changes, we've taken the reigns from him as a starter a couple times, we've asked him to win competitions against guys he's much better than, and we screwed him on pay this year by not letting him receive his performance pay.

Now if this was your relationship with your employer, and they're asking you to spend one more year in a smaller role with the company and your friends (aka. evans) arewhispering in your ear, "man you got jobbed!" do you think he's going to be a. particularly motivated to do right for this team and b. positive influence in the locker room? would you?

If the answer is no, then he isn't the best guy to back up edwards. If edwards stays healthy, he'll have his supporters. Hell, i think he's a terrible QB but a great guy. if i saw him every day, yeah, i'd say, "JP it stinks how they've treated you here, but keep your head up and hope for brighter days." Imagine what the response is from players who think he's the better option.

My opinion: he just wants out to try again. He knows he has talent and he knows Buffalo will never let him get the chance that other teams are going to give to him. The bills are better to let him go, roll the dice that edwards can stay healthy the for the full year, and get a lesser quality back up and a young QB to be a more permanent back up to edwards. There is no value in having "on paper strong" Losman in place of someone who wants to be here and can play in the league in a backup role.

justasportsfan
03-04-2008, 03:31 PM
The bills are better to let him go, roll the dice that edwards can stay healthy the for the full year, .
after watching/hearing what Dick and AVP say about JP I'm not so sure they are ready to roll the dice. Then again they could be "dicking" us around. It's really weird because Dick supposedly doesn't dick around and is supposedly a straight shooter even though he did dick us around last year with the qb position.

trapezeus
03-04-2008, 03:47 PM
after watching/hearing what Dick and AVP say about JP I'm not so sure they are ready to roll the dice. Then again they could be "dicking" us around. It's really weird because Dick supposedly doesn't dick around and is supposedly a straight shooter even though he did dick us around last year with the qb position.

it's a fairly large gamble because 1. edwards got hurt last year, 2. his knock pre draft is he gets hurt alot. However, with better weapons through FA and the Draft, as well as an OL that got to play the entire year together, they may be close to gelling. This means his poise will allow him to get rid of the ball and not take so many shots. That's the idea at least.

In the end, the coaches have made it clear that this team is ready to live and die with edwards. so what better way to make that clear than getting rid of losman, clearing up the $2MM and get a capable back up.

It's not like this team is going to be a superbowl contender with edwards and in the doghouse without him. We're still an average team trying to get better.

raphael120
03-04-2008, 03:50 PM

Oh, ok, thanks. I was a little confused about if i was a real fan or not. I'm glad you cleared that up for me. Thanks for informing me about how I should think!

You also make an excellent point! JP is the best option for this team, as no other FA QB could come in and play to the elite level that JP plays.

RockStar36
03-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Losman would be perfect for Minnesota. I believe I said that before last season was even over.

justasportsfan
03-04-2008, 04:34 PM
it's a fairly large gamble because 1. edwards got hurt last year, 2. his knock pre draft is he gets hurt alot. However, with better weapons through FA and the Draft, as well as an OL that got to play the entire year together, they may be close to gelling. This means his poise will allow him to get rid of the ball and not take so many shots. That's the idea at least.

In the end, the coaches have made it clear that this team is ready to live and die with edwards. so what better way to make that clear than getting rid of losman, clearing up the $2MM and get a capable back up.

It's not like this team is going to be a superbowl contender with edwards and in the doghouse without him. We're still an average team trying to get better.
people had high hopes for JP prior to the start of last season. Didn't happen. Who's to say Trent won't fail either.

Those weapons we brought in to help Trent wouldn't help JP either? I think it will. Maybe to the point that it will make JP a better qb than TE. Again, some people would rather hope not so they won't have to face a qb controversy.

Again, TE was brought in in case JP failed. JP is the best insurance in case TE fails too.

justasportsfan
03-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Oh, ok, thanks. I was a little confused about if i was a real fan or not. I'm glad you cleared that up for me. Thanks for informing me about how I should think!

You also make an excellent point! JP is the best option for this team, as no other FA QB could come in and play to the elite level that JP plays.

you're learning. :up:

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Losman would be perfect for Minnesota. I believe I said that before last season was even over.
I think Green Bay might be another possibility now that Favre has retired. They might want to bring someone in to push Rodgers and they don't have a plan B after that.

acehole
03-04-2008, 04:42 PM

Have you learned nothing? We can not talk about supporting casts or anything else when talking about the qb postion...have you not learned anything from our very smart posters...

Just kidding. They will be putting t Edwards in a very good situation to suceed this year...Oline beefed up a stud RB ...presumably a # 2 WR and a TE worth a dam.... A Deffense that can stop the run...with the pass. If he cant win under these conditions...I dont think he can . Too bad JP was not given the same. JP is cheap enough insurance and has shown class in that whole debacle. If the team doent get value for him they will do what the chargers did with M Turner...keep him for insurance against a career frail QB. If that hurts your feeling I called him that then you have a problem with reality.

acehole
03-04-2008, 04:46 PM
I think Green Bay might be another possibility now that Favre has retired. They might want to bring someone in to push Rodgers and they don't have a plan B after that.

Perfect fit for him. Fairchild did nothing to play to JP talents/strengths. They should have rolled him out much more. GB offense is geared for a strong armed QB...the slant and the bomb...all JPs strong pionts. I am afraid GB wont give up too much for him.....but there is more then one FO keeping an eye on his situation.

Nighthawk
03-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Hold on! Let me warm up my car! For a 3rd rounder...I'll drive him to the airport!

LifetimeBillsFan
03-04-2008, 07:18 PM
If the Bills can get a 3rd round pick from Minny for JP (who I like!), I would take it in a heartbeat. I'd settle for a 4th round pick as well, but would do my best to get the 3rd round pick because there are some interesting players who should still be available in that round who can help the Bills but who aren't likely to be available in the 4th round.

Do that and there are two ways the Bills could go: 1.) draft J.Johnson to develop behind T.Edwards or 2.) given Edwards injury history, if the Bills are really serious about making the playoffs this season, sign one of the two experienced, veteran QBs who are still out there, available, that I have in mind, who could tutor Edwards and, if need be, step in and be as good or better than him once they learn the Bills offense (I'm not going to mention either one's name so as not to jinx this possibility, but both have been starters in the NFL--one has been a star, the other has been inconsistent at times as a starter, both have had some injury issues).

If the Bills can only get a 5th round pick, I'm not sure that I would deal him and I certainly wouldn't do it for a 6th or 7th round pick.