PDA

View Full Version : Marlon McCree coming to Buffalo?

Pride
03-04-2008, 02:50 PM
After listening to this (http://www.buffalobills.com/includes/iframes/multimedia_still.jsp?requested=y&file_300=http%3A%2F%2Fplay%2Erbn%2Ecom%2F%3Furl%3Dnfl%2Fnfl%2Fopen%2Fbills%2Fwmdemand%2Fpressconferences%2F030408mccree%2Ewmv%26proto%3Dmms%3Fmswmext%3D%2Easx)

My feeling is that if a contract is offered, he'll sign it.

How do we feel about this?

raphael120
03-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Certainly cant hurt us.

I like him over Leonard and Wilson.

User Manuel
03-04-2008, 02:54 PM
The man can play. Is he a superstar no, is he a great depth guy, at least, yes.

Getr done.

patmoran2006
03-04-2008, 03:01 PM
He's as good as whitner, trust me.. Im a fan of his BIG TIME

Dr. Lecter
03-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Meh.

I am 100% indifferent on this guy. I would prefer to see Johnson or Troupe here.

circlethewagons
03-04-2008, 03:07 PM
cant hurt- it will be good competition for Ko, and also eliminate the need to find a depth safety in the draft

mysticsoto
03-04-2008, 03:18 PM
McCree has mentioned that his choice is between Buffalo and Denver. He is set to visit Denver tomorrow...

madness
03-04-2008, 03:18 PM
McCree has visit to Denver also

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 3:31 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3074)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>MCCREE HAS VISIT TO DENVER SCHEDULED: McCree said he'll also be visiting with Denver Wednesday, but hopes to make a decision on where he's going to play by Thursday or Friday. So it sounds as if he'll be leaving without a contract.
He does have a history with Perry Fewell and that carries weight with him as he said he's ruled out Cincinnati where he's already visited.
"It's whittled down to 2 teams," said McCree. "Yeah. I took a visit to Cincinnati and it went well there too. But I think my relationship with Perry Fewell would outweigh what was offered to me in Cincinnati."
So we'll see what Denver has to offer and McCree's situation should be ironed out by the weekend.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

patmoran2006
03-04-2008, 03:25 PM
I was vocal about getting h im last year when he signed with SD.. He was a solid safety in carolina.

I can understand w hy SD let him go, going younger with their pick Weddle from last year.. I would LOVE to have this guy here.

trapezeus
03-04-2008, 03:31 PM
um, is mcree the SD DB, who picked off a losman pass in 2006 at the end of the game and had the ball knocked out of his hands giving the bills one more chance to try and win it? And if so, isn't that the same Mcree who didn't learn his lesson and picked off a brady pass in the 2006 playoffs and had the ball knocked out of his hands allowing for the Pats to win it?

Just curious, i might have the wrong guy in mind.

Jan Reimers
03-04-2008, 03:37 PM
He would be a decent pickup who would add some much needed experience to a very young group of safeties. His signing would also eliminate the need for us to draft a safety this year.

patmoran2006
03-04-2008, 03:37 PM
No.. It is him.

I still like him.. He'd be a solid vet signing to this secondary.

madness
03-04-2008, 03:40 PM
After listening to this (http://www.buffalobills.com/includes/iframes/multimedia_still.jsp?requested=y&file_300=http%3A%2F%2Fplay%2Erbn%2Ecom%2F%3Furl%3Dnfl%2Fnfl%2Fopen%2Fbills%2Fwmdemand%2Fpressconferences%2F030408mccree%2Ewmv%26proto%3Dmms%3Fmswmext%3D%2Easx)

My feeling is that if a contract is offered, he'll sign it.

How do we feel about this?

Sounds like everyone wants to play for us...

Troupe sounds like he's here already

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 4:31 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3076)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>NOTHING CLOSE ON TROUPE: Word on Ben Troupe is there is nothing imminent in the way of contract negotiations. Of course listening to Troupe he certainly sounded eager to sign.
When asked about possibly playing with Trent Edwards here was his response.

"I look forward to it. I look forward to the entire experience, man," said Troupe. "To experience something new in the NFL … to play with the team that drafted me for four years, and now I get an opportunity to come on with another team and start off fresh, get a clean slate … it wouldn’t matter if I was coming off a Pro Bowl year, it’s about what I’m going to do now. And I’m looking forward to whatever team I’m going to be on, Trent, J.P., Marshawn, I know Lee Evans, I know those guys. I’m coming into a system that’s welcoming me and I’m looking forward to it."

Troupe has also visited with Tampa Bay. He didn't want to complain about the last three years in which he went from starter to third string in Tennessee, but attributed a lot of it to the quarterbak carousel they had in Tennessee with Volek and Kerry Collins and then Vince Young. He also said Vince Young had more of a connection with Ben Hartsock and Bo Scaife. So that's his side of the story anyway.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

trapezeus
03-04-2008, 03:41 PM
yeah, i guess as pros, you can list, "gets picks". and under cons you can put, "fumbles picks". :-)

I realize those are only 2 mistakes in an otherwise noteworthy career YTD. However, i don't want a glory boy trying to hot dog a final pick and put the team in a position to lose. Hopefully he's learned from those mistakes. Mainly from the Pats INT because that directly lead to the Pats winning the playoff game.

ParanoidAndroid
03-04-2008, 04:54 PM
McCree also said he would probably be playing SS which would move Whitner to FS or (as others have talked about) CB.

kernowboy
03-04-2008, 04:59 PM
McCree is really a FS. Personally he'll be pricey so will automatically be a starter which I think is shame as Simpson will be the better FS in the long run. He had a good rookie season. I don't know why we don't move Wendling to back him up. He played a lot of FS at Wyoming and as a 219lbs has been clocked at 4.38!! I almost get the impression we drafted him, not knowing if he was a FS or SS or to move him to WLB.

I'd rather Whitner remained at SS to be backed up by Bryan Scott.

For me McCree is not an upgrade - the Chargers have moved him without a replacement and with a weak S class in the draft. Not confidence inspiring.

yordad
03-04-2008, 05:01 PM
I think he would actually be a backup.

Edit: I'm with kernowboy.

The Spaz
03-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Actually McCree says he likes SS better but has played both.

The Spaz
03-04-2008, 05:16 PM
McCree is really a FS. Personally he'll be pricey so will automatically be a starter which I think is shame as Simpson will be the better FS in the long run. He had a good rookie season. I don't know why we don't move Wendling to back him up. He played a lot of FS at Wyoming and as a 219lbs has been clocked at 4.38!! I almost get the impression we drafted him, not knowing if he was a FS or SS or to move him to WLB.

I'd rather Whitner remained at SS to be backed up by Bryan Scott.

For me McCree is not an upgrade - the Chargers have moved him without a replacement and with a weak S class in the draft. Not confidence inspiring.

The Chargers drafted Weddle last year.

Bone
03-04-2008, 05:46 PM
I like him, he actually someone that's pretty known around the NFL.

kernowboy
03-04-2008, 06:25 PM
The Chargers drafted Weddle last year.

Weddle was drafted to play SS. The only other S they have signed are Clinton Hart a SS, and the undrafted Tra Battle who is also listed as a SS but is pretty light.

Considering their lack of experience, releasing McCree is ..... mmm

jcdavey
03-04-2008, 08:34 PM
mccree wasn't the guy who fumbled away an int vs the bills, that was hart

mccree is the guy who fumbled away an int vs the pats in the 06 season's playoffs

that was painful

the guy can hit the hell out of a wr though

jcdavey
03-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Weddle was drafted to play SS. The only other S they have signed are Clinton Hart a SS, and the undrafted Tra Battle who is also listed as a SS but is pretty light.

Considering their lack of experience, releasing McCree is ..... mmmwe have gregory for depth too, plus there was a rumor of them maybe switching paul oliver to safety as well, that probably won't happen though