PDA

View Full Version : Ralph is only Signing Big Names to Impress Toronto

User Manuel
03-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Just thought I'd get that monkey off of JFreeman's back.

Cheers!!

Seriously though, good for us for now at least.

Ultra Chimp 1
03-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Of course, we haven't really signed any big name players Canadians would know about anyway.

But don't let the facts get in the way of an emotional trip.

gr8slayer
03-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Of course, we haven't really singed any big name players Canadians would know about anyway.

But don't let the facts get in the way of an emotional trip.Elaborate on these "facts," fill us in...

Jan Reimers
03-04-2008, 03:15 PM
We certainly don't have to impress any potential buyers in Toronto. They're chomping at the bit to buy this franchise, regardless of who we have on our roster.

Dr. Lecter
03-04-2008, 03:16 PM
We certainly don't have to impress any potential buyers in Toronto. They're chomping at the bit to buy this franchise, regardless of who we have on our roster.

People forget the Bills could start the two of us and Rogers would still want the team and that the tickets would still sell out immediately.

Ultra Chimp 1
03-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Elaborate on these "facts," fill us in...

If you asked people in Toronto about the previous team and positions Marcus Stroud, Spencer Johnson and Mitchell played, I'd say less than 1 per cent would know.

tampabay25690
03-04-2008, 03:24 PM

Cheers!!

I THINK this a STUPID post....

justasportsfan
03-04-2008, 03:27 PM
the biggest name that thte bills could bring in to attract canadians is Flutie.

FlyingDutchman
03-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Big names? Stroud isnt exactly a big name. Hes good, but Canadians wont know much about any of these guys we signed.

If anything hes signing talent so the team will be good, which in turn will sell the Canadian market easier. My problem is if this really is the motive, maybe he should have done this 10 years ago and sold the market in his back yard. Then this Toronto talk wouldnt be an issue.

gr8slayer
03-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Big names? Stroud isnt exactly a big name. Hes good, but Canadians wont know much about any of these guys we signed.

If anything hes signing talent so the team will be good, which in turn will sell the Canadian market easier. My problem is if this really is the motive, maybe he should have done this 10 years ago and sold the market in his back yard. Then this Toronto talk wouldnt be an issue.
How can you not call Stroud a big name? Before his injury he was easily a top three DT in the league. Hell, there was time when I thought he was playing like THE best.

gr8slayer
03-04-2008, 04:18 PM
If you asked people in Toronto about the previous team and positions Marcus Stroud, Spencer Johnson and Mitchell played, I'd say less than 1 per cent would know.
So why is Toronto so worthy of an NFL team? Kawika Mitchell and Stroud are well known by anyone who knows anything about football.

Ultra Chimp 1
03-04-2008, 04:20 PM
So why is Toronto so worthy of an NFL team? Kawika Mitchell and Stroud are well known by anyone who knows anything about football.

I think it's a "if you build it they will come" type thing going on obviously.

JJamezz
03-04-2008, 04:39 PM
I continue to not understand this argument.. even in this decade we've had Spikes, Bledsoe, Milloy.. regardless of how they panned out in Buffalo, they were considered 'big time' moves at the time.

Meathead
03-04-2008, 05:03 PM
ralph is to cheap as george w bush is to

a. a liar
b. stupid
c. incompetent
d. wpe
e. all of the above

DMBcrew36
03-04-2008, 05:09 PM
They've made some great moves, but you can't say it's just because of Toronto. I was saying in another thread, when free agency opened, that I expected the Bills to make a run at Briggs or make some big move to get people in Toronto excited for Bills football. But the Bills obviously want to get better period, Toronto or no Toronto.

X-Era
03-04-2008, 05:10 PM

Cheers!!

That thought got blasted right off WGR yesterday which was the right thing to do. They will fill that 50,000 seat stadium no matter who we sign in a city that has no team.

Night Train
03-04-2008, 05:23 PM

Cheers!!

To impress Toronto, you'd have to sign someone they've heard of.

" Bills sign Paul Henderson & Dave Keon ! "

DynaPaul
03-04-2008, 05:54 PM
the biggest name that thte bills could bring in to attract canadians is Flutie.

They probably still think he plays here.

FlyingDutchman
03-04-2008, 07:54 PM
How can you not call Stroud a big name? Before his injury he was easily a top three DT in the league. Hell, there was time when I thought he was playing like THE best.

My point was from a casual canadian fan point of view. People are acting like we nabbed Moss and some other big named players. Stroud is the biggest name we got. Hes not a superstar name. What DTs reallys are though?

User Manuel
03-05-2008, 07:21 AM
http://www.impawards.com/1995/posters/canadian_bacon.jpg