• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Marcus Trufant??

if CB is such a huge need and the team doesn't believe Bryant Johnson is the right fit for this team or they jsut don't end up signing him why not make a run at someone like Marcus Trufant so at least we'll know that WR will be our priority in round 1 instead of having to decide between WR and CB?? Just thought I'd bring this up since it doesn't seem anyone else has.
  • Jayhawk
    • Aug 2004

Re: Marcus Trufant??

I wouldn't mind him at all
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Trufant is franchised so he'll cost us at least the #1 pick, which we want to use on a WR.

Plus he's really not that good.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
        if CB is such a huge need and the team doesn't believe Bryant Johnson is the right fit for this team or they jsut don't end up signing him why not make a run at someone like Marcus Trufant so at least we'll know that WR will be our priority in round 1 instead of having to decide between WR and CB?? Just thought I'd bring this up since it doesn't seem anyone else has.
        I think it ends up looking like this:

The Bills will have a few spots where they would like to upgrade the starters, but then will have the option to draft the BPA.

I could see us still needing a #2 WR and a TE. But if they stay at 11 and its between a WR and a CB and the CB grades out much higher, they probably take the CB.

I dont think most teams go into a draft and reach for players or let superb players go by at not-as-high-need positions. IMO.

Comment

• DrGraves
          • Mar 2008

Even if the 'hawks let him go (didn't match our offer) and besides the picks... he's due 10,000,000 next season (top 5 cb money). I think the bills rather draft a corner at #11 who will be good and pay much less than that.

Comment

Working...
          X