PDA

View Full Version : New thought

X-Era
03-04-2008, 06:06 PM
(at least for me) but I dont remember anyone else asking this question.
Do you think the Bills use the Jet Blue polls on BB.com to get a feel for the fans opinion?
More specifically do you think Russ and Co. actually look at the results?
Its not uncommon for companies to ask questions about how they are doing and review it all the way at the top. Do you think this is the Bills way of doing it?
The newest one asks us who do we want the Bills to make it a priority to sign:
Bryant Johnson
Ben Troupe
McIntyre
McCree
Right now its a landslide on Bryant Johnson with like 70% The follow on question is:
Are the Bills asking us who we want to help them decide who to get? Lets face it its the second tier of free agency, the choices arent as make or break, maybe they look to add "fan picks", or at the very least use it to help tip the scale to sell us a product that we want. Thoughts?

Canadian'eh!
03-04-2008, 06:20 PM
If the Bills are waitingt to see who the FANS want them to sign, and not who their legion of highly paid scouts and coaches think will best help the team, then we are in a WORLD of trouble.

X-Era
03-04-2008, 06:25 PM
If the Bills are waitingt to see who the FANS want them to sign, and not who their legion of highly paid scouts and coaches think will best help the team, then we are in a WORLD of trouble.

I gotta admit that responses like this chap my backside.

Who ever said the world is black and white?

I asked if they use this information to HELP them decide. Forget that, I will re-ask.

Do they LOOK AT IT AT ALL?

Just that easy.

X-Era
03-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Alright, sorry.. maybe that was harsh...

I just get a bit frustrated at times getting responses that are matter-of-fact, and assume the most basic concepts as if the poster didnt already know that.

The purpose of the post is to raise a question for the purpose of discussion. If you dont want to discuss, why respond?

Mski
03-04-2008, 06:32 PM
i believe that someone does look at them somehwere.. ie the web master.. but the FO doesn't take them into account at all... as was stated above they have personell that they pay way too much to allow a fan poll sway them one way or another

YardRat
03-04-2008, 06:36 PM
No.

ParanoidAndroid
03-04-2008, 06:41 PM
The same thing has crossed my mind, so you're not alone. I'm sure someone looks at them to gauge fan opinion, but I really don't think they use it to make personnel decisions.

X-Era
03-04-2008, 06:46 PM
i believe that someone does look at them somehwere.. ie the web master.. but the FO doesn't take them into account at all... as was stated above they have personell that they pay way too much to allow a fan poll sway them one way or another

That could be.

You would think though that they would pay attention to what the fans think. I dont have the numbers, maybe someone does, but how much do the fans play into the revenue they get?

Guess what Im ineffectively getting at is, do they care what we think? and if so, how much does it matter to them?

Let me expand, I work in a fortune 500 company. One of the top 3 in the whole comapny held a lecture and among other words of wisdom said the following:

Always give your customer what they want even if it doesnt make sense to you.

He then went on to say that the reasons they ask for things may not always be clear to you, but may be of HUGE importance to them.

If the Bills dont have a method of listening to their fans (and Im assuming main customers) and they dont care, arent they doomed to fail?

Mski
03-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Guess what Im ineffectively getting at is, do they care what we think? and if so, how much does it matter to them?

Let me expand, I work in a fortune 500 company. One of the top 3 in the whole comapny held a lecture and among other words of wisdom said the following:

Always give your customer what they want even if it doesnt make sense to you.

He then went on to say that the reasons they ask for things may not alwasy be clear to you, but may be of HUGE importance to them.

IMHO they do listen to the fan polls on things of less importance than player personell... there are always things on there that do not directly impact that aspect of the franchise, and while TD proved bringing in fan favorites will sell the stadium out, it is a short term fix, and bringing in players that will help make the team win more games (even if hated by the fans) will help revenue in the long term, because a winning team will get more revenue then a losing one that makes ""popular"" moves, and doesn't win

YardRat
03-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Ticket sales. That's what they hear from the fans...what they pay attention to.

X-Era
03-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Ticket sales. That's what they hear from the fans...what they pay attention to.

Sure, but every successfull company gets market data before making an investment. Shrewd companies get as much information as they can about how much they can sell before the invest.

What your saying is that they invest and then pay attention to how they did rather than looking forward.

ajsdx
03-04-2008, 07:09 PM
The only problem is that the fan polling data on the front page of bb.com is so ridiculously biased and limited that the data is worse than useless. if they were actually looking to get some focused reaction, they'd be better off sending something/calling the season ticket holders.

and no, there's no way anyone who makes any decision more lofty than in what order the bathrooms should be cleaned looks at the fan polling data.

jamze132
03-05-2008, 05:39 AM
I would say that the only time senior execs would take a trek to BB.com or other fan sites would be when they are drunk on the couch on a Sat night and are bored...