PDA

View Full Version : Sense of reality

Mitchell55
03-04-2008, 08:47 PM
We signed 3 players in 2 days and now you are expecting every day for us to get a player. Give it a rest. We have done great so far and you are still expecting the bills to sign everyone they bring in. Not to mention that we are not the only team taking it easy. Name 5 FA signings since Sunday. Not many. So please let Modrak and the rest do what they have to do and be happy with what they are doing so far. We are not redskins fans. We cant expect every player to sign with us.

mikemac2001
03-04-2008, 08:48 PM
We signed 3 players in 2 days and now you are expecting every day for us to get a player. Give it a rest. We have done great so far and you are still expecting the bills to sign everyone they bring in. Not to mention that we are not the only team taking it easy. Name 5 FA signings since Sunday. Not many. So please let Modrak and the rest do what they have to do and be happy with what they are doing so far. We are not redskins fans. We cant expect every player to sign with us.

No i want action

BAM action

DrGraves
03-04-2008, 11:58 PM
I agree that we shouldn't be sitting back. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that we signed stroud and mitchell. But if we truly want to a team that no one wants to play, we need to keep the talent coming through the door. Go get that TE go get that WR go get the CB. Make a statement to the division, the conference, the NFL and let them know that NOBODY CIRCLES THE WAGONS LIKE THE BUFFALO BILLS!!!

jamze132
03-05-2008, 12:35 AM
What the hell are you talking about?

Oaf
03-05-2008, 02:13 AM
I'm in agreement. Honestly, as long as we sign a vet or two for depth at the Oline, I'm fine waiting till the draft. The obvious positions of need would be WR, TE (Without Troupe), CB, and maybe DE. I think that's doable.

kernowboy
03-05-2008, 03:07 AM
I'm not sure we are sitting back. We signed

Marcus Stroud
Kevin Mitchell
Spencer Johnson

Based on the 'Stroud' situation, these are clearly guys we targeted as the No1s individuals at their roles that we wanted to bring on board.

We are now in a situation where whilst we need to fill certain positions such as No2 WR, and TE, we do not have a clear No1 target so are maybe considerating several players in the role.

It may well be there are contract issues that are drawing the process out.

We may have heard of certain players being released in the forthcoming weeks at these positions, so want to bide our time.

Players not of immediate need may have become available which might have had implications for our FA/draft strategy i.e. Marlon McCree.

Lets not forget, free agency continues for some period yet, and as the draft shakes up, some surprising veterans may get released who will be an even better fit for our team. Whilst we don't want to lose want is currently available, we don't want to offer deals which will then preclude us chasing new released players who are superior.

jamze132
03-05-2008, 05:19 AM
Most of the top free agents are now off the street. Most of second tier free agents think they are really good at football so they are wandering around to different cities trying to collect a big paycheck. This is the reason for the period being slow right now. It will pick up by the end of the week when these guys start picking teams. A sense of urgency to get signed will lead other players to suck it up and sign a damn contract for pennies since the longer FA lasts, the more leverage teams have...