After watching that Mcintire interview, I now realy want him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

After watching that Mcintire interview, I now realy want him.

After watching it. You can tell, he is the offensive version of Hardgrove(without the pot). I would love to have him on our team no matter how he contributes.
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: After watching that Mcintire interview, I now realy want him.

I totally agree. I felt the same way after watching his interview. He reminds me of a FB version of Chris Spielman

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by MLynch23
      After watching it. You can tell, he is the offensive version of Hardgrove(without the pot). I would love to have him on our team no matter how he contributes.
      Don't forget, those Falcons want a 10th round pick, and two footballs if we take him.

I think it was a good interview too. I think he is signing here. Compensation has to have been established before we talked to him, right? And, did he say he was the Falcons special teams captain?

He seems like a beast. And, he said he would love to be that guy opening holes for Beast Mode.

"A nasty, get down, dirty guy.... thats me."

"There's nothin' soft about me other then this jacket."

I'm leaving the jury out, but he talks a great game.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Isnt he a FA? Oh hes prob restricted isnt he

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by yordad
          Don't forget, those Falcons want a 10th round pick, and two footballs if we take him.

I think it was a good interview too. I think he is signing here. Compensation has to have been established before we talked to him, right? And, did he say he was the Falcons special teams captain?

He seems like a beast. And, he said he would love to be that guy opening holes for Beast Mode.

"A nasty, get down, dirty guy.... thats me."

"There's nothin' soft about me other then this jacket."

I'm leaving the jury out, but he talks a great game.
          He's a RFA and any team can talk to him/offer him a contract but the Falcons have a right to match it is all. Though because they gave him a low tender per http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...ome.htm?csp=34 he's ours for no compensation because he wasn't drafted. This is the same way we acquired Rian Lindell so don't think it's a bad move to try and get him. As give us a great special teamer and someone who could contribute at FB if plan to use one in our new offense. To me it's a low risk proposition so might as well go for him if feel he can contribute.

From the article:
          —FB Corey McIntyre (tendered at $927,000 with no compensation) was the special teams captain, but he might not be an ideal fit in the offense.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

I would take him and if nothing more, he could replace Wire on ST.

Comment

• DrGraves
              • Mar 2008

sounds good to me! suit him up

Comment

• John Doe
                Florida Man
                • Jul 2002

His age seems to work in the Bills favor. Atlanta is in rebuild mode and probably won't match a decent offer.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Id give him a decent shot, he was a terror on ST and it would end the damn idea of drafting Schmitt too.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• VeggieMan14
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Id give him a decent shot, he was a terror on ST and it would end the damn idea of drafting Schmitt too.
                    why is that such a bad idea. i mean i would take either of them but bothare viable options IMO
                    I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by VeggieMan14
                      why is that such a bad idea. i mean i would take either of them but bothare viable options IMO
                      Because one people actually want to draft a FB before like round 6 or 7 when we have much more important needs. The guy is a runner and blocker, but we really only need a blocker so why are we going to pick a guy higher when we can get a guy who is just as good a blocker through FA or later in the draft?
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Also lets keep in mind that Atlanta currently has the highest paid FB in the league on their roster in Ovie Mughelli.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• VeggieMan14
                          • Jan 2008

Because one people actually want to draft a FB before like round 6 or 7 when we have much more important needs. The guy is a runner and blocker, but we really only need a blocker so why are we going to pick a guy higher when we can get a guy who is just as good a blocker through FA or later in the draft?
                          as much as i like schmidt i agree that he is not worth a third which is what people aresaying(and ididto for a while) but i think he would be worth a 5th round pick if he is still there. But i am starting to grow more and more on this Mcintyre guy so either one will do
                          I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by VeggieMan14
                            as much as i like schmidt i agree that he is not worth a third which is what people aresaying(and ididto for a while) but i think he would be worth a 5th round pick if he is still there. But i am starting to grow more and more on this Mcintyre guy so either one will do
                            Id sign Mic or sign a guy like Cox as a UDFA, maybe Id grab Schmitt in the 6th if there.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

Yeah, I hate versitility too.
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X