PDA

View Full Version : Late post-game comments

OpIv37
03-04-2008, 10:38 PM
-at times, they looked like last year's Sabres. All of the goals except the first one were finesse, open ice goals that look great on highlight reels.

-The team definitely outworked the Flyers and showed some desperation. Hopefully it's not too little too late.

-if I can find where DirecTV buries CSN2, this will be the 3rd game in a row that I've been able to watch.

-Biron choked big time in the third.

-Hopefully Tallinder will be back tomorrow because he's the best defender on this team by far.

Meathead
03-04-2008, 10:48 PM
where is op and what have you done with his festering corpse

SabreEleven
03-05-2008, 12:36 AM
How there was no call on that Tallinder hit was beyond me. That was the definition of boarding on Upshaw....he should have has had his head taken off after the game wasn't in question any more. It's bull**** the ref's and the Sabres didn't do anything to him.

Meathead
03-05-2008, 04:41 AM
yeah it coulda been called but two reasons maybe it wasnt 1. hank was flush against the boards instead of a couple feet away and b. he was perpendicular to the boards and turning in when he was hit instead of facing them

still i woulda expected that call and initially thought it was

RockStar36
03-05-2008, 06:21 AM
I loved it when Miller came out swinging. I love the intensity from my goalie.

SabreEleven
03-05-2008, 10:02 AM
yeah it coulda been called but two reasons maybe it wasnt 1. hank was flush against the boards instead of a couple feet away and b. he was perpendicular to the boards and turning in when he was hit instead of facing them

still i woulda expected that call and initially thought it was

When I watched it again on DVR, he was already parallel with the boards before the hit came, he squarely hit him between the 1 and the 0. The Flyers put one of their players out of game and noboyd stood up much except right after the hit. Nobody went back after him was more disappointing than the no call, IMO

Meathead
03-05-2008, 10:27 AM
i was going by memory and i thought i recalled hanks shoulder being against the boards and him facing towards the side when hit which would make it borderline for the call but perhaps im remembering wrong i guess id have to see it again

Meathead
03-05-2008, 10:29 AM
I loved it when Miller came out swinging. I love the intensity from my goalie.
i forgot who it was but one guy skating right behind miller on purpose and started whacking at the puck from inside the crease! nobody pushed him either, i watched the replay a bunch of times and he just skated there completely on his own

i thought that was illegal, you cant just skate behind the goalie whenever you want can you? i suppose maybe as long as you dont touch the goalie but still it was a dick move

Meathead
03-05-2008, 10:33 AM
i will say on the hank hit he was standing flush against the boards instead of a couple feet away. its kind of a wierd rule in that if youre facing the boards and two feet away its boarding but if youre flush against them it usually isnt. thats why guys do that, stand a couple feet away so they get the call if hit

JD
03-05-2008, 01:49 PM
i was hoping miller would meet biron at center ice and start teeing off like emery did when he tatooed martys face :rofl:

OpIv37
03-05-2008, 04:35 PM
How there was no call on that Tallinder hit was beyond me. That was the definition of boarding on Upshaw....he should have has had his head taken off after the game wasn't in question any more. It's bull**** the ref's and the Sabres didn't do anything to him.

When I first saw the hit I thought it should be a penalty, but none of the Sabres reacted so I thought maybe I was just being a homer- no one likes seeing their guys knocked around regardless if the hit's clean or dirty. Then Lindy *****es about it in the paper- I can't believe no one took Upshall out during the game.

they better take his ****ing head off the next time they play- hopefully Tallinder will be back to do it himself but if not send Peters after him. That was total bull****- and now we have Kalinin and McArthur instead of Tallinder and Connolly. So long, playoffs.

JD
03-05-2008, 05:30 PM
When I first saw the hit I thought it should be a penalty, but none of the Sabres reacted so I thought maybe I was just being a homer- no one likes seeing their guys knocked around regardless if the hit's clean or dirty. Then Lindy *****es about it in the paper- I can't believe no one took Upshall out during the game.

they better take his ****ing head off the next time they play- hopefully Tallinder will be back to do it himself but if not send Peters after him. That was total bull****- and now we have Kalinin and McArthur instead of Tallinder and Connolly. So long, playoffs.
**** what happened to connolly?

helmetguy
03-05-2008, 07:41 PM
**** what happened to connolly?

Connolly never plays back-to-back games anymore. I think he has a bone spur in his hip and a torn labrum.