PDA

View Full Version : Interesting....Bryant Johnson has not left Buffalo yet

Michael82
03-05-2008, 12:23 AM
I don't know why, but I really believe that the Bills are his #1 choice and they are still working on a contract. I think it is taking time, because of the ridiculous amounts that receivers have been paid. I know I say this everyday, but don't be surprised to see a deal get done soon. The question is, who blinks first? Overdorf or Johnson's agent? :scratch:

Another prominent name still on the market is Bryant Johnson. The Cardinals' free-agent receiver has spent the past two days in Buffalo but he was believed to be considering making a trip to visit the Bucs.

The Bucs are also still in the running for tight end Ben Troupe, who also was in Buffalo on Tuesday, but there was no indication he would sign.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/mar/05/sp-bucs-bolster-their-linebacker-depth/

Michael82
03-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Oh and this is from someone on the Bucs messageboard that watched NFL Total Access tonight....

Adam Schefter reported Javon walker is in oakland and expected to sign a contract with them as soon as wed. and Johnson loves buffalo and expects a deal to be done by wed. So whats the plan now Bruce?I pray he dosen't make it worse and sign D.J. Hackett this guy will be a huge bust.
http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=156441

ZacGriffi~82
03-05-2008, 12:28 AM
UPDATE MONDAY 6:21 PM EST

Free agent WR Bryant Johnson wants to sign with the Buffalo Bills but at the moment, it's not a mutual feeling. A team source told Scout.com that there are personnel evaluators with the club that aren't convinced that he's the best fit for the team. Despite that, it's not out of the question that he eventually signs with Buffalo.

Johnson is expected to visit the Washington Redskins and possibly the Chicago Bears later this week. A league source notes the Tennessee

Michael82
03-05-2008, 12:42 AM
UPDATE MONDAY 6:21 PM EST

Free agent WR Bryant Johnson wants to sign with the Buffalo Bills but at the moment, it's not a mutual feeling. A team source told Scout.com that there are personnel evaluators with the club that aren't convinced that he's the best fit for the team. Despite that, it's not out of the question that he eventually signs with Buffalo.

Johnson is expected to visit the Washington Redskins and possibly the Chicago Bears later this week. A league source notes the Tennessee
yeah I have already read that. It's old. Hell, look at the date. Plus it's the only site saying that, kinda reminds me of the Yahoo AP Marcus Stroud has left Buffalo rumors. :rofl:

jmb1099
03-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Good find Mikey. If he's still in Buffalo then it should just be a matter of time. Receivers are getting stupid money this year.

ZacGriffi~82
03-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Good find Mikey. If he's still in Buffalo then it should just be a matter of time. Receivers are getting stupid money this year.
Oh come on, who looks at dates of articles before they post them. :D

:oops:

Oaf
03-05-2008, 02:18 AM
I bet we'll end up getting something like 5 years, 26 mill, 8 guarenteed. That's more than it would have been before that damn Walker contract. Still can't believe Wilford went for 5 years 13 mill...

X-Era
03-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Oh and this is from someone on the Bucs messageboard that watched NFL Total Access tonight....

http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=156441

I had a feeling he was still here.

Mitchy moo
03-05-2008, 06:35 AM
Oh come on, who looks at dates of articles before they post them. :D

:oops:

Bruce Smith may not get drafted by the Bills:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/6795/reuben_frank/03/01/cap.figures/index.html

Forward_Lateral
03-05-2008, 06:37 AM
Look, guys, if Buffalo didn't want Johnson, he wouldn't still be in Buffalo, and they wouldn't have given him access to the media, etc. It's obvious they want him, it's probably a matter of the two sides agreeing on terms. ($$$).

Tatonka
03-05-2008, 07:08 AM
Bruce Smith may not get drafted by the Bills:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/6795/reuben_frank/03/01/cap.figures/index.html

that is pretty funny skooby.

Tatonka
03-05-2008, 07:09 AM
if he gets even half of what walker got (which was absurd beyond anything i have ever seen) then we are getting ripped off.

User Manuel
03-05-2008, 07:22 AM
I don't know why, but I really believe that the Bills are his #1 choice and they are still working on a contract. I think it is taking time, because of the ridiculous amounts that receivers have been paid. I know I say this everyday, but don't be surprised to see a deal get done soon. The question is, who blinks first? Overdorf or Johnson's agent? :scratch:

It could be the 2 inches of ice on the plane.....

chubluv
03-05-2008, 07:42 AM

Yeah that and the airport was closed most of yesterday.

ddaryl
03-05-2008, 07:48 AM
I bet we'll end up getting something like 5 years, 26 mill, 8 guarenteed. That's more than it would have been before that damn Walker contract. Still can't believe Wilford went for 5 years 13 mill...

that is completely outrageous for Bryant.

He would have signed that deal within minutes of being in Buffalo...

VeggieMan14
03-05-2008, 07:51 AM
i hope he comes here. i mean he isnt the best reciever but he is certainly better then anything we got besides evans

don137
03-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Well we know he is not staying in Buffalo for the weather and to get some sun...

VeggieMan14
03-05-2008, 07:57 AM
Well we know he is not staying in Buffalo for the weather and to get some sun... :rofl:

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 07:57 AM
if he gets even half of what walker got (which was absurd beyond anything i have ever seen) then we are getting ripped off.

4.5 a year would be a ripoff for a #2 WR? Thats not bad at all given the ridiculous salaries of WR's this year. Id prefer it between 3.5-4 but I could swallow 4.5, better than 8 or 9.

VeggieMan14
03-05-2008, 08:04 AM
4.5 a year would be a ripoff for a #2 WR? Thats not bad at all given the ridiculous salaries of WR's this year. Id prefer it between 3.5-4 but I could swallow 4.5, better than 8 or 9. 4.5 wouldnt be a bad deal IMO i mean he might not be that good for the contract but the way WR have been going id sign him for that

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 08:07 AM
4.5 wouldnt be a bad deal IMO i mean he might not be that good for the contract but the way WR have been going id sign him for that

No that wasnt my question, it wasn't is Johnson worth 4.5 million, I said is a #2 WR worth that much. Whether its Johnson, Hackett, or somebody else...is that not a decent deal given how WR's are making in this market. I know T doesnt like Johnson and we've debated that, Im just asking about how much money he'd allocate to the position as a general rule of thumb.

madness
03-05-2008, 08:32 AM
$1!

Tatonka
03-05-2008, 08:42 AM
if im the bills, and i am convinced that the guy isnt an average talent and want to sign him, i offer him a contract that is backloaded.. so 2 mill or so a season up front and 6-7 mill at the end of the deal. if he is worth it then 6-7 mill is no big deal in 2 or 3 years.. but if he isnt, you dump his ass.

Michael82
03-05-2008, 08:45 AM
I agree with this. If only the Bills agreed with Johnson BEFORE that ridiculous Walker contract. Now it's going to be even tougher to sign him for a reasonable price. I still say that he will probably sign today and it will be something like 5 years for $25 million, with $10 million guaranteed.

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 09:01 AM
if im the bills, and i am convinced that the guy isnt an average talent and want to sign him, i offer him a contract that is backloaded.. so 2 mill or so a season up front and 6-7 mill at the end of the deal. if he is worth it then 6-7 mill is no big deal in 2 or 3 years.. but if he isnt, you dump his ass.

I have no problem with that

mysticsoto
03-05-2008, 09:04 AM
4.5 a year would be a ripoff for a #2 WR? Thats not bad at all given the ridiculous salaries of WR's this year. Id prefer it between 3.5-4 but I could swallow 4.5, better than 8 or 9.

4.5 is probably at the upper end - though I'd prefer them being able to achieve 4.5 by incentives and milestones (certain amt of yards/receptions/TDs, etc).

bigbub2352
03-05-2008, 09:09 AM
U gotta look at it this way, anyway u see the contract or money he is still an upgrade over REED and Price, and an upgrade is what we need, we can still get another playmaker in the draft at WR

Troupe would be solid depth as well and again draft a TE on day one and we r set, they are upgrades to what we had and that was the TOp 5 worst offenses in the league, over pay a little if u have too, u need to spend to improve
i am just sayin i dont expect BJ to come in here and be the next James Lofton, but he would be an UPGRADE and give us size, and we can draft more size and speed,
we need to make these moves to get better

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 09:09 AM
4.5 is probably at the upper end - though I'd prefer them being able to achieve 4.5 by incentives and milestones (certain amt of yards/receptions/TDs, etc).

No doubt Id prefer a deal closer to 3-4 range but I could swallow 4.5

Michael82
03-05-2008, 09:10 AM
what about $5 or $5.5? Because I'm betting that it will approach that level.

Dr. Lecter
03-05-2008, 09:12 AM

Do NOT overpay this guy.

bigbub2352
03-05-2008, 09:19 AM
I would think 4 mil is the highest u go, and ext Lee for 6-7 mil a season, only logical for the money being spent on other players by other teams, if u want a offense to build cohesiveness they got to stay together,
imagine Lynch, TE, Evans, Johnson and a drafted WR, and drafted Te and troupe all together for the next 4 yrs with ur line together minus fowler
that is how u build something special
Throw in Fred Jackson and Dwyane Wright as well

mikemac2001
03-05-2008, 09:21 AM
I would think 4 mil is the highest u go, and ext Lee for 6-7 mil a season, only logical for the money being spent on other players by other teams, if u want a offense to build cohesiveness they got to stay together,
imagine Lynch, TE, Evans, Johnson and a drafted WR, and drafted Te and troupe all together for the next 4 yrs with ur line together minus fowler

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

madness
03-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Thats just dumb

:rofl: So is not wanting to pay a #2 WR starter money.

ddaryl
03-05-2008, 09:33 AM

I think if the Bills were offering 5 mil a year this deal would have been signed sealed and delivered by now because that is a high offer IMO

I agree with the consensus that 4 mil a season is tops (and IMO is still overpaying some) for a solid #3 WR being upgraded to a #2 WR who although consistent and durable has had some problems with the droppsies in his career . (the bug on BJ is he tries to catch the ball with his body and thats a big no-no, but fixable)

venis2k1
03-05-2008, 09:37 AM
just lookin at some stats from last year, found this interesting

Lee Evans rec yards.

In 7 Wins: 668
In 9 Losses: 181

We need to get this guy the ball more.

VeggieMan14
03-05-2008, 09:42 AM
just lookin at some stats from last year, found this interesting

Lee Evans rec yards.

In 7 Wins: 668
In 9 Losses: 181

We need to get this guy the ball more. that just shows me how bad he sucked balls last year

kgun12
03-05-2008, 09:47 AM

They have deicing fluid that that care of the ice.

Yeah that and the airport was closed most of yesterday.

Buffalo's airport didn't close until 6:00 pm last evening. I was working when they closed. If he wanted to leave he had plenty of time yesterday!

venis2k1
03-05-2008, 09:49 AM
that just shows me how bad he sucked balls last year

It shows me that teams that were sucessful in taking Evans out of the game beat us last year.

VeggieMan14
03-05-2008, 09:51 AM
It shows me that teams that were sucessful in taking Evans out of the game beat us last year. maybe it wasa little of both

The last buffalo fan
03-05-2008, 09:52 AM
that just shows me how bad he sucked balls last year

Or the lack of a real threat besides him.

VeggieMan14
03-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Or the lack of a real threat besides him. ah touche

Michael82
03-05-2008, 09:57 AM
:rofl: If you believe that Lee Evans would only cost $6-7 million per year, I got a bridge to sell you. :lmao:

I'm betting it will be closer to $8-$9 million per year. :ill:

bigbub2352
03-05-2008, 10:12 AM
:rofl: If you believe that Lee Evans would only cost $6-7 million per year, I got a bridge to sell you. :lmao:

i think that is realistic for him, cinsidering he really has only had 2 seasons that were real good, plus i was looking for an average of 7mil gotta remember the gurantee money is the selling point, as well if it is a front loaded or back loaded deal

Bye the way what bridge?

ddaryl
03-05-2008, 10:28 AM

Lee won't be getting 8-9 million IMO... if so we'll be drafting his replacement at #11 this year and letting him playout that last year then will franchise him and trade him.

He'll sign for 6 - 7 million a year extension. I believe that for 2 reasons.. Home town discount, and normally extensions are almost always just under market.

Tatonka
03-05-2008, 10:40 AM
I could swallow

:couch:

:snicker:

askabry
03-05-2008, 11:01 AM
The established price tag for a #1WR is at least $9MM per year, especially when you are either coming off an injury (walker) or giving a bit of hometown discount (Moss).

Evans gets that all day long - and he has to, because going elsewhere (Philadelphia, for example) he can get better exposure and potentially work with a better QB.

Saying he'll sign for less than $7 says he's like Berrian or Porter. That's just not how he's seen in the NFL. He's the equivilant to Walker, easily.

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 11:08 AM
:couch:

:snicker:

I was trying to be nice today, but I see how we're going to play it

jerk

Michael82
03-05-2008, 11:20 AM
The established price tag for a #1WR is at least $9MM per year, especially when you are either coming off an injury (walker) or giving a bit of hometown discount (Moss).

Evans gets that all day long - and he has to, because going elsewhere (Philadelphia, for example) he can get better exposure and potentially work with a better QB.

Saying he'll sign for less than $7 says he's like Berrian or Porter. That's just not how he's seen in the NFL. He's the equivilant to Walker, easily.
EXACTLY! Great post. :bf1:

DrGraves
03-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Are the Bills negociating with Johnson right now? What's the deal?

Tatonka
03-05-2008, 02:23 PM
I was trying to be nice today, but I see how we're going to play it

jerk

i was totally just kidding man.. come on.. lighten up.

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 02:32 PM
i was totally just kidding man.. come on.. lighten up.

Yes I was aware, so was I

askabry
03-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Mikey ... I've gotta say that even though you're a Yankee fan ... that's one great avatar. The way her blouse seems to be pulling, it almost looks like you really ARE cupping her tatas.

Tatonka
03-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Mikey ... I've gotta say that even though you're a Yankee fan ... that's one great avatar. The way her blouse seems to be pulling, it almost looks like you really ARE cupping her tatas.

um.. he is.

its real.

he totally banged her.

in the butt.

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 03:46 PM
um.. he is.

its real.

he totally banged her.

in the butt.

:rofl:

The Spaz
03-05-2008, 03:50 PM
um.. he is.

its real.

he totally banged her.

in the butt.

with no lube...

acehole
03-05-2008, 04:04 PM

You are high. Evans not in that teir. I think Evans play out his contract and walks. If I am Evans I want a more stable qb position and he will have next year to see what is what and who is who. He will be paid but 9 m a year is not coming from RW.

Michael82
03-05-2008, 04:43 PM
um.. he is.

its real.

he totally banged her.

in the butt.
yeah I did and she was good. It was the best one night stand that I ever had. :up:

HAMMER
03-05-2008, 05:45 PM
yeah I did and she was good. It was the best one night stand that I ever had. :up:
She is 17, Michael I have to place you under arrest for statutory rape.

Michael82
03-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Sorry, but that is wrong. She's legal now. :::

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0659363/

Oh and she will be 19 in August. :up:

Tatonka
03-05-2008, 07:02 PM

i would take sloppy seconds and go to jail with mickey if i could.

jpdex12
03-05-2008, 07:39 PM

Dude, quit talking about what you:ill: could swallow!

askabry
03-05-2008, 08:48 PM
You are high.
I never said BUFFALO would give Lee 9,000,000 a year but this is getting old.

Which is not something we can say about Hayden (is that her name?). There's some great avatars hereabouts.

Michael82
03-06-2008, 08:26 AM
i would take sloppy seconds and go to jail with mickey if i could.
:laughing:

DrGraves
03-06-2008, 10:16 AM
we have the cap space. sign him