• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Impressed with all 4 interviews

I watched all the interviews with yesterdays FA's and I got to tell you I was impressed with every single one of the FA's. It seemed that they all want to be here. But I was really impressed with McCree and "Mac Truck"
    McCree just kept talking about how he wants to work with Perry again and how he owes a lot of his career to him, he knows the D and wants to play here. Mcntire seemed to be in awe of Marshawn and simply put wants to bust some heads his desire to be in Buffalo seemed the most sincere of the four canidates.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Impressed with all 4 interviews

That Avatar keeps calling me a Diaper Dandy.

Make it stop.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i agree 100%. they all did a great job interviewing with the media, and i got a very sincere feeling from all 4 that they truely wanted to play in buffalo. maybe i am being nieve but it really seems like there is kinda something in the air this offseason. its like people have decided that buffalo is a good place to play and want to get on board with what we are doing. I think at least some of that is due to the fact that our coaching staff is going into year 3, so there is some stability finally.

Honestly, I would be very happy if we signed all 4 guys and did nothing else until the draft.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka

Honestly, I would be very happy if we signed all 4 guys and did nothing else until the draft.
        Id be ok signing any of em. Johnson is the only one I am on the fence on.
        Id love to see us sign McCree and Mac.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

McCree can't run. He's worthless to us as a safety.
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

mccree cant run?

link?
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
              McCree can't run. He's worthless to us as a safety.
              I guess he's been a starting with a wheel chair then. Hell we may have a story better than Bruschi.

Comment

• zone
                No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                • Oct 2003

I think the “something in the air” is coach DJ, people like playing for the guy and I am sure that gets out to free agents.
                www.blzbus.com

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

I would not mind Mcintyre, or Troupe at all we dont need Mccree, we got Wilson, Wendling, and i would rather sign Bryan Scott cheaper and has vet exp

Troupe would be an upgrade of handless Gaines, and proally given an expansive role would be better than cant get open Royal, we need upgrades
                  not old guys cut by teams
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    mccree cant run?

link?
                    Watch a SD game from last season. It looks like he's jogging out there. A 5.50 40-time would not be out of the question.
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                    X