PDA

View Full Version : What have we learned about Bills in FA?

madness
03-05-2008, 09:23 AM
When the Bills implement "Phase II" it really means...

"Stop holding on to your seats because **** is about to get knee deep in BORING. Seriously, time to get back to the draft talk because we're just going to bring in a bunch of guys and then string you poor suckers along while we think about signing them. Don't worry though. Our PR ***** will post his blog comments on FA's attire, actual movement elswhere in the league, and will be kind enough to let you know when he's going home(shhh... it's a dog cage in Ralph's office)."

bigbub2352
03-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Problem with Phase II is that our O needs as much help as our D, alot of the injuries were on the D side, that means not good enough on the O

we need to bring in a vet WR and a Vet TE, and draft one as well on day one for each position,
We need a C in the draft to take over for Fowler who is the weakest link
and a true prospect at FB Owen Schmitt, i will say it till another team drafts him, we need a guy to develop with Lynch, not someones elses cast off who wasnt good enough for a reason, then we got something really goin here

madness
03-05-2008, 09:51 AM
:goodpost:

I agree and each day that goes by, the FA market shrinks smaller and smaller.

bigbub2352
03-05-2008, 09:54 AM
:goodpost:

I agree and each day that goes by, the FA market shrinks smaller and smaller.

We need to make two more signings of significance and this offseason is the best in 7yrs

Romes
03-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Its like they are aiming in the right direction but they aren't pulling the trigger...

venis2k1
03-05-2008, 10:00 AM
We need a C in the draft to take over for Fowler who is the weakest link

Fowler being the weak link is not fair, he was our least penalized O-lineman last year, is far above average at pass protection, he isnt the best road grater in the world, but it seems that most Centers available right now seem to be very light in the ass. With Jeff Faine being seen as the only legit upgrade.

And who do you propose we draft at C to take over for Fowler? Most people say the best Center in the draft is Steve Justice, who at 280 lbs wont help our run blocking out much.

bigbub2352
03-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Fowler being the weak link is not fair, he was our least penalized O-lineman last year, is far above average at pass protection, he isnt the best road grater in the world, but it seems that most Centers available right now seem to be very light in the ass. With Jeff Faine being seen as the only legit upgrade.

And who do you propose we draft at C to take over for Fowler? Most people say the best Center in the draft is Steve Justice, who at 280 lbs wont help our run blocking out much.

I like Justice but i had my eye on John Sullivan from Notre Dame 6ft 4 303lbs
I also like ASU Mike Pollack 6ft 4 292 lbs and i like the kid form UB Jamey Richard 6ft 4 304lbs, all have second day grades, and i wouldnt mind draftin one this year cause Fowler is a FA next year

He is the weakest link cause he is horrible as a run blocker, he gets pushed back form the line of scrimmage which doesnt allow our Gs to get a full pull on a trap our sweep, also if you watched alot of the sacks came up the middle form him gettin blown up on pass protection, he is average at best, but very replaceable, i think he is a bum to be honest, and i cant stand the fact the on 3rd and goal or short we cant do anything cause he gets killed by big DTs at the point of attack
He is just not the answer there and we need to start grooming his replacement

madness
03-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Although Fowler is "serviceable".... rest assured, he is not part of the "plan" but most likely will be starting for us at least another year. We will be looking for a future replacement in the draft but depending the availability of talent in FA next year, C may be our #1 priority signing.

justasportsfan
03-05-2008, 11:12 AM
I think we've signed those that the FO really wanted. The rest are "we'll think about it. Don't call us,we'll call you"

raphael120
03-05-2008, 11:28 AM
A rookie TE and a rookie WR is not going to bring our 28th ranked offense back to respectability in 1 year.

Now if we have a FA WR, FA TE AND a rookie TE and WR, NOW we're talkin.

Oh, not to mention an non-midget sized center who is on his ass more than his feet.

venis2k1
03-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Oh, not to mention an non-midget sized center who is on his ass more than his feet.

Im not sure if you are refering to Fowler, but hes listed at 6'3 310.

Bill Brasky
03-05-2008, 12:03 PM
i'm happy with what the FO has done so far. at least they are trying to bring in difference makers instead of guys like robert royal. whether they make a difference remains to be seen.