PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous Jet veterans upset about team's spending spree

justasportsfan
03-05-2008, 12:17 PM
I know this belongs to another forum but it's a slow day at OBD. :D

The free-spending Jets are one of the biggest topics of discussion in the NFL, but there are two sides to every story. While they have generated excitement by acquiring four big-money players, some of the team's returning veterans are looking at the bundles of cash and wondering, "When do I get mine?"

"You pay guys you don't even know, and the guys in the locker room - the guys that have your back - you don't give a damn about them," one player said Tuesday, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "It shows where the loyalty is."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2008/03/05/2008-03-05_anonymous_jet_veterans_upset_about_teams-2.html

cocamide
03-05-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm glad we didn't give a damn thing to Darwin Walker last year.

mchurchfie
03-05-2008, 12:22 PM
The way their veterans played last year I don't think any of them have any room to complain. It's always nice to see some disgruntledness in the enemie's locker room though.:snicker:

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Wonder who it could be? Maybe Cotchery? And I am just speculating just so you know.

mchurchfie
03-05-2008, 12:25 PM
I can't think of anyone that is good enough to have the right complain.:snicker:

Tatonka
03-05-2008, 12:26 PM
coles would be a more likely candidate.

trapezeus
i can't believe the reporter didnt say back to the player, "but you guys sucked last year. truly sucked. they are trying to replace the bad players. This is hardly the story. the quicker you leave, the quicker we get better."

Bill Brasky
:cry: what a bunch of f'n babies. they're all making more than they deserve and they still *****. get a real job if you have it so rough, pansy.

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 12:27 PM
coles would be a more likely candidate.

I thought he just got a new deal last year after the trade back

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 12:27 PM
:cry: what a bunch of f'n babies. they're all making more than they deserve and they still *****. get a real job if you have it so rough, pansy.

Do you get hit at your job?

Mahdi
03-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Wonder who it could be? Maybe Cotchery? And I am just speculating just so you know.
It has to be one of,,,,, Barton, Shaun Ellis, Bryan Thomas or Kerry Rhodes.

I think its most likely Shaun Ellis

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 12:33 PM
It has to be one of,,,,, Barton, Shaun Ellis, Bryan Thomas or Kerry Rhodes.

I think its most likely Shaun Ellis

Thats also a good guess

trapezeus
03-05-2008, 12:33 PM
if you want to figure out who the anonymous source is, here is how you do it.

1. Go to yahoo sports.
2. Go to Jets Rosters
3. Sort by players who played at Miami University.
4. Find the player who is the oldest, least productive, and most whiny.
that's your source. You can use this for any team until the end of time.

Tatonka
03-05-2008, 12:39 PM
I thought he just got a new deal last year after the trade back

he is always disgruntled.. im sure his new deal is no good in his eyes now.

ddaryl
03-05-2008, 12:43 PM
you have to appreciate what the Bills have done thus far in FA and what they paid for their FA's in comparison.

The Jets just handed out money... the Bills have appeared to be frugal and wise.

Kenny
03-05-2008, 12:46 PM

Give me a few million, and I'll gladly take some hits.

Bill Brasky
03-05-2008, 01:02 PM
no but i go through physical and mental stress just as they do. they act like they have it so rough. it's not like it's the 1970's anymore where these guys are leaving the game basically paralyzed.

that isn't the point though. they are complaining about the money aspect, which is disgusting. if they think they have it so rough, go get a plant job for minimum wage.

TigerJ
03-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Discontent in the lockerroom of the enemy is a wonderful thing. I'd like to hear a story about something like that at New England too.

Meathead
03-05-2008, 04:53 PM
jets:
http://www.weathertalkradio.com/images/man_shovel_money_hole_lg_nwm.gif

i love that graphic for the jets cuz even the dirt is green

DrGraves
03-05-2008, 05:53 PM
if you want to figure out who the anonymous source is, here is how you do it.

1. Go to yahoo sports.
2. Go to Jets Rosters
3. Sort by players who played at Miami University.
4. Find the player who is the oldest, least productive, and most whiny.
that's your source. You can use this for any team until the end of time.

HAHAHA I LOVE THIS!!! most likely anyone who played alongside with willis trash mcgahee.