I considered Rogers / Stroud about even in worth and the browns just....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

I considered Rogers / Stroud about even in worth and the browns just....

Gave him BIG BANK......

The Cleveland Browns moved quickly to acquire former Detroit Lions defensive tackle Shaun Rogers after a trade with the Bengals was nixed, and moved just as fast in securing him to a long-term contract.

Rogers

Rogers and the Browns agreed to a six-year, $42 million deal on Wednesday, a restructuring that will keep him in Cleveland until 2013. With his existing contract scheduled to expire in 2010, three years and a guaranteed $20 million were added to make the deal work.
    Under terms of the new contract, Rogers will make $23 million over the first three years.
    The Browns acquired Rogers on Saturday in exchange for a third-round draft choice and cornerback Leigh Bodden. When the league nixed a proposed trade that would have sent Rogers to Cincinnati for third- and fourth-round draft picks, the Lions quickly recovered and moved him to the Browns, who had just traded for Packers defensive tackle Corey Williams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3277837
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

Re: I considered Rogers / Stroud about even in worth and the browns just....

I consider a healthy Stroud better then Rogers....Looks like we made the right move.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

Re: I considered Rogers / Stroud about even in worth and the browns just....

i agree.. a healthy stroud is elite.. a motivated rogers is elite.. now that stroud is healthy again.. he should be elite again.. while i wanted rogers.. you can only do so much to keep him motivated.. it is not like something just has to heal.

plus we got 3 years at 16 million.. you really cant beat that.. that is awesome.

we came out winners here for sure.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
      X