• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LifetimeBillsFan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Aug 2004

C. Anderson To Talk To Media at 2:30 pm

Courtney Anderson is scheduled to speak to the media at 2:20 pm today.

BB.com is going to post updates and probably a multimedia interview with him. Since the computer that I am using for the time being doesn't allow me to access any of their multimedia clips, could someon please post a summary of his comments, etc.? Thanks!
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Re: C. Anderson To Talk To Media at 2:30 pm

It's not on there yet but you can check BB.com's wireless page. Most of the time they put up printed versions of interviews and press conferences.

www.buffalobills.com/wireless

Some of the highlights on CB's blog.

Bills are Anderson's only option right now

Today

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 2:30 PM ET | Link

BILLS ARE ANDERSON'S ONLY OPTION: Courtney Anderson said he has no other free agent visits at this time.
    "I haven't visited any other teams and I don't have any lined up so hopefully Buffalo is the home," said Anderson.
    After spending time with a handful of teams Anderson is hoping to stay in one place.
    "Last year was a whirlwind with four teams in a year and I didn't like it," said Anderson. "I just want to get an opportunity where I'm stable and get better and make the team better."
    Anderson, a former receiver, was transitioned to tight end his junior year in college at San Jose State, but feels his all around game is pretty good.
    "Tight ends have to know just as much as quarterbacks with all the protections and all the routes and I put it on myself to become a good blocker and a good receiver," said Anderson.
    As far as his visit he's obviously hopeful he can make Buffalo a landing spot.
    "The visit went well," he said. "My thoughts on the Bills are it's a great organization and a great coaching staff. There are a lot of great players here. I just look forward to coming in and working hard and trying to get us over the hump in terms of competing in our division."
    Anderson seems to think he has a chance of signing with the Bills.
    "My timetable could be this second where I sign here," said Anderson. "I don't want to visit any other teams I want to get to a place where I'm comfortable. They want me here and I have an opportunity to play so this is where I'm at right now."
    ---

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Meh, I think it would be pointless to sign Anderson. They already signed Teyo Johnson, isn't one project enough?

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Anderson knows some Bills players

Today
        Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 2:38 PM ET | Link

ANDERSON AND LYNCH FROM SAME NEIGHBORHOOD: Free agent visitor Courtney Anderson and Bills running back Marshawn Lynch are essentially from the same neighborhood so they know one another.
        "I know Marshawn Lynch because we're from the same neighborhood pretty much," said Anderson. "I know Langston Walker and Teyo Johnson. I played with them in Oakland. I also know Tim Massaquoi because I was in Miami with him for a little while."
        Anderson went to Richmond high school in the East Bay in the San Francisco Bay area. Lynch is from Oakland.
        ---

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
          Meh, I think it would be pointless to sign Anderson. They already signed Teyo Johnson, isn't one project enough?
          As long as he's cheap, I don't care...if he doesn't pan out, we can always cut him!

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

" OMG. It's cold here ! "
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

FREE AGENT TE COURTNEY ANDERSON

FREE AGENT TE COURTNEY ANDERSON
              Wednesday, March 5, 2008

On his visit today
              The visit went well. My thoughts on the Bills are that it’s a great organization, great coaching staff and they have a lot of great players here. I just look forward to coming in and working hard and trying to get us over the hump, competing for the conference in our division.

On who he has visited and if he has any others lined up
              I haven’t visited with any other teams. I don’t have any lined up so Buffalo is the home.

On wanting to sign and stay with one team unlike last year moving around
              Most definitely. Last year was a whirlwind with four teams in a year and I didn’t like it. I just want to get somewhere where I’m stable and have an opportunity to get better and make the team better.

On when he made the switch from receiver to tight end
              My first year at San Jose State so my junior year. I had never played tight end until then so I only played it at San Jose State for two years. I’ve been playing tight end for six or seven years now.

On how he feels he has acclimated himself to the tight end position
              Just working hard and knowing that’s part of my job is to block then to receive the ball. We as tight ends have to know just as much as quarterbacks, we have to know all the protections, all the runs, all the routes and I just take it as a challenge to get better and to become a good blocker and good pass receiver.

On if he was primarily used in red zone situations in Oakland
              Not necessarily. I was pretty much every down whether it was third down or first. I was out there for run plays, pass plays and everything.

On how much convincing he has to do for teams to let him know he is still the same player a few years back
              Hopefully they see the film I put out there and just try to convince them that I’m going to come in, work hard and I’m not going to say too much. I’m just going to do my job and hopefully they just believe in what they see on the film and they believe in what I’m saying to them. But most of all just what they see on film and my work ethic.

On what he does well at tight end
              I’m pretty balanced I would say. I don’t think I’m just… a lot of it is opportunity. A guy like [Antonio] Gates or somebody you throw the ball to them 12 times you know he’s going to catch at least eight. So if they throw it to me 12 I’m pretty sure I’d catch eight. I think I’m pretty balanced. I think I can run block well, I think catch the ball well. I just have to still get better at every aspect.

On if he has a timetable to getting signed
              I don’t have any other visits lined up and the timetable could be right this second to sign here so it’s not like I don’t want visit any other teams. I want to go to a place where I’m comfortable and they want me there. That’s where I’m at now.

http://www.buffalobills.com/wireless...p?news_id=5917

Comment

• RingofFire
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2007

he sounds desperate

Comment

• zone
                  No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                  • Oct 2003

Sounds like we can get him for nothing.
                  www.blzbus.com

Comment

• mikemac2001
                    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                    • Mar 2003

i hope he signs for min just so he is in camp competition aint bad plus he is a madden glitch and id like to use the bills in competitions

MUCK
                    FIAMI

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by RingofFire
                      he sounds desperate
                      " Sign me or I'll eat one, right in this media room ! "
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by RingofFire
                        he sounds desperate
                        first thing i thought

Comment

• Bert102176
                          • Aug 2002

always thought Courtney Anderson was a DE
                          lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
                            A guy like [Antonio] Gates or somebody you throw the ball to them 12 times you know he’s going to catch at least eight. So if they throw it to me 12 I’m pretty sure I’d catch eight.
                            I like him already.
                            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

I say sign them all the TE's. We need help at that spot and it sounds as if we could get Anderson on the cheap. All the TE's we are entertaining are all tall and could give us some redzone threats. Sure they won't all turn out, but what would it hurt?

Comment

Working...
                              X