PDA

View Full Version : Update on Johnson and Troupe

Tatonka
03-05-2008, 02:28 PM
ESPN's John Clayton is reporting that the Bills are still negotiating to bring Bryant Johnson aboard. He is one of the top free agent wide receivers left on the market and has received some interest from Chicago, Washington, and Tampa Bay as well. He feels Buffalo is a perfect fit for him but it will most likely come down to money. With the ridiculous 6 year, $55M contract Jevon Walker got from the Raiders, Johnson's price probably went up. Not to mention the price of a new contract for Lee Evans.

And here's the latest on Troupe...

Saints Interested In Troupe: ESPN is reporting that the Bills and the Saints are the two main competitors vying for the services of Ben Troupe. He visited Buffalo yesterday and left without a contract. As we reported earlier, he enjoyed his visit to Buffalo and seems to think he would fit in well.

found this on the other board.

Night Train
03-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Don't overpay for either one.

Scumbag College
03-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Javon Walker's contract is just inappropriate. If Johnson wants 8-9 Mil a year, he can keep walking. The Bills will have to use their #11 pick on WR and try to resign Evans. Maybe use a mid round pick on a WR too.

bigbub2352
03-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Get it done, both players are upgrades at the biggest postion of need, draft both position on day one still and we go forward with a very hi powered offense

askabry
03-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Javon Walker's contract is just inappropriate. If Johnson wants 8-9 Mil a year, he can keep walking. ...

EXACTLY!!!

ddaryl
03-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Javon Walker's contract is just inappropriate. If Johnson wants 8-9 Mil a year, he can keep walking. The Bills will have to use their #11 pick on WR and try to resign Evans. Maybe use a mid round pick on a WR too.

I seriously doubt the Bills have more then 4 mil a season set aside for the #2 WR spot

don't worry...

raphael120
03-05-2008, 02:44 PM
When it comes down to it, Walker has done way more than Johnson has so he has no leverage there. And I think the Bills should take a stand and not give in to the rediculous contracts bein given to these bums.

Don't Panic
03-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Walker can demand more than Johnson (although the amount he got is obscene... thanks Al). If we sign Jonson, I'd guess it'll be for about 5 years/$24 million. If we can't get Troupe for less than $1.5, we should tell him thanks but no thanks.

Bulldog
03-05-2008, 02:48 PM

I wonder if Wilford wants to punch his agent in the face yet. After seeing the money these WR's are grabbing in the open market, he can't help but feel his deal is below market value. Good deal for the Dolphins.

Scumbag College
03-05-2008, 02:54 PM
I read in another thread that Johnson is still in Buffalo. Anyway you cut it, if Johnson is still in Buffalo, there is mutual interest between him, his agent, and the Bills to get a deal done. I'm guessing that there are still negotiations between the two parties over money and contract length. I guess we'll just have to keep watching.

bigbub2352
03-05-2008, 02:56 PM
i found it weird that chris brown mentioned Johnson today in his last post, and has not mentioned him since monday
Nothing imminent

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 3:50 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3090)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>NOTHING IMMINENT: Doesn't sound as though anything is imminent for the Bills in the way of signings today, Anderson, Johnson or otherwise. We'll update you if things change. --- </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
makes u wonder

Michael82
03-05-2008, 04:12 PM
i found it weird that chris brown mentioned Johnson today in his last post, and has not mentioned him since monday
Nothing imminent

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 3:50 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3090)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>NOTHING IMMINENT: Doesn't sound as though anything is imminent for the Bills in the way of signings today, Anderson, Johnson or otherwise. We'll update you if things change. --- </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
makes u wonder
hmmm....that doesnt sound good. :ill:

chernobylwraiths
03-05-2008, 04:30 PM
I don't care WHAT other receivers are getting, there is NO WAY we should pay over 3 mil a season for a guy who has done NOTHING in his 5 years in the league. Let someone else have him for that price and find some basketball player to try out. If Johnson is paid $5 mil per, what do we end up paying Evans? Or do we just let him walk because he surely would be worth 10 mil a season at that rate?

Bulldog
03-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I don't care WHAT other receivers are getting, there is NO WAY we should pay over 3 mil a season for a guy who has done NOTHING in his 5 years in the league. Let someone else have him for that price and find some basketball player to try out. If Johnson is paid $5 mil per, what do we end up paying Evans? Or do we just let him walk because he surely would be worth 10 mil a season at that rate?

Ahhh, the voice of reason. This guy is looking to cash in at the right time, as well he should. But I'd rather it wasn't the Bills getting hosed. At the right price, yes.

Mitchy moo
03-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Their value to a team cannot be judged fairly right now because they have not played a down. We are obviously looking to improve our production which in itself makes me happy. If we do pay him to much it will only be because he didn't produce enough.

YardRat
03-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Hopefully something gets done with both Troupe and Johnson pretty soon, but if it doesn't and the hang-up is ridiculous money then cut bait and move on.