PDA

View Full Version : Draft!!!

mikemac2001
04-10-2003, 10:07 PM
Should the bills draft a DE i dont really think we should get one in the first schobal is likely to get double digits or close and marcus jones might be solid and maybe even denny could develope. its such a solid draft in that position i feel we can get a good DL in the 2nd. but what do we get with the first ive heard TE i dont like that idea.

The_Philster
04-11-2003, 04:48 AM
It's pretty much a given that all our draft picks will be for depth so I'd say best-available.

Dman
04-11-2003, 05:38 AM
I think that you try to draft a 'starter' in the first round, at least that is what TD has done in the past 2 drafts. Our D line looks prety solid right now I don't know who they would sit to make room for a starter.
That said, Drew was "touched" too many times last season, he is a statue and even though I think that we will be emphasizing the run more I'm not sure that I'm satisfied with our OL as it stands.
If there is anywhere on this team that a 'starter' could break into I believe it's here. So I think we draft a stud OT in the first round and have him compete with Sullivan or Teague. Maybe even moving Jennings to center and Big Mike to left tackle.
Round 2 is where we pick up depth for our DL.
Of course I could be wrong.

:stupid:

TigerJ
04-11-2003, 01:03 PM
That's the first I've seen anyone suggest we take an OT.

DraftBoy
04-11-2003, 03:14 PM
Id say they got a better job beating out Sullivan or Ostroski at the G than beating Jennings or Williams.

Schobel94
04-11-2003, 03:24 PM
Let me reiterate what I have always said, dont move the o-line! O-line is not a position you can just change and expect the chemistry to be there. Keep the line the way it is and it will continue to improve. Ostraski???

Ron C.
04-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Ostroski? Jerry Crafts too??

Billsouth
04-11-2003, 08:49 PM
what about cornerback and WR? we have clements but winfield may be gone? We also need a SPEED receiver to spread the field. WHAT ARE WE DOING WITH ALL OF OUR salary cap cash? the signing of sidney has no effect since he signed at minimum. what are we waiting for? We should sign the best available WR after June 1.

Dozerdog
04-11-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
Id say they got a better job beating out Sullivan or Ostroski at the G than beating Jennings or Williams.

Ostroski retired last offseason, W-26!

Bert102176
04-12-2003, 12:48 AM
I really believe we will draft a WR in round 1

DraftBoy
04-12-2003, 10:44 AM
Yea I forgot that thanks Dozer, I feel like an idiot! But truly the only spot I feel is open on the OL would be that G posistion. Rd. 1 I keep getting surer and surer that we will be taking Mathis. WR depth is great in this draft, I would almost be willing to say any WR avail to us at #23 would probably be available to us with our 2nd also. I dont expect to see a run on WR that late, that also being said, I wouldnt be surprised to see us not go WR until round 4. This is very likely to occur as it seems alot of people are enamored with us selecting TE Dallas Clark in round 2. While I dont like taking TE high, he is a good solid pick and would be the 3rd option on passing plays. Round 3 could be used to go DT, players avail would include Nick Eason, and Eric Manning. Round 4 we could finally go WR with little worry off seeing a huge dropoff in talent as I would say Kareem Osgood may be there and he led the nation in receptions last year, also Billy McMullen will hopefully be there too, either of the two suits me just fine. Round 5,6,7 are a toss up with going best player avail. I see us going DE (jamal green), OLB (Khalid Abdullah), MLB (Matt Wilhelm). Just examples of guys I like that should be avail that late.