PDA

View Full Version : Mid Free Agency Mock

bflojohn
03-05-2008, 05:28 PM
I've tried to hit the picks, including some trades....
1.) Miami- Chris Long, DE
2.) St. Louis- Glenn Dorsey, DT
3.) Atlanta- Jake Long, OT
4.) Oakland- Sedrick Ellis, DT
5.) Kansas City- Matt Ryan, QB
6.) NY Jets- Darren McFadden, RB
7.) New Eng- Ryan Clady, OT
8.) Baltimore- Leodis McKelvin, CB
9.) Cincinnati- Vernon Gholston, DE
10.) New Orleans- Keith Rivers, OLB
11.) Buffalo to Minny- Derrick Harvey, DE
Buffalo recieves #17 and #73 and 5th rounder
12.) Denver to Arizona- Rashard Mendenhall, RB
Denver recieves #16 and #81 plus 6th rounder
13.) Carolina- Kenny Phillips, S
14.) Chicago- Brian Brohm, QB
15.) Detroit- Mike Jenkins, CB
16.) Denver- Chris Williams, OT
17.) Buffalo- Phillip Merling, DE
18.) Houston- Jeff Otah, OT
19.) Philadelphia- Malcolm Kelly, WR
20.) Tampa Bay- Kentwan Balmer, DT
21.) Washington- Quentin Groves, DE
22.) Dallas- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB
23.) Pittsburgh- Brandon Albert, OG
24.) Tennessee- De Sean Jackson,WR
25.) Seattle- Jonathan Stewart, RB
26.) Jacksonville- Calais Campbell, DE
27.) San Diego to Buffalo- Limas Sweed, WR
San Diego recieves #41 and #72. Buffalo recieves a 4th rounder
28.) Dallas- Sam Baker, OT
29.) San Francisco- Dan Connor, OLB
30.) Green Bay- Aqib Talib, CB
31.) NY Giants- Reggie Smith, CB/S
That's it folks, reactions??
12.) Denver to

VeggieMan14
03-05-2008, 05:41 PM
i like the trades. the one thing that i dont see happening is that there is no way atlanta passes on matt ryan other then that looks good! actuall somewhat similar to the one i made

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 06:02 PM
i like the trades. the one thing that i dont see happening is that there is no way atlanta passes on matt ryan other then that looks good! actuall somewhat similar to the one i made

Atlanta is not taking Matt Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mysticsoto
03-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Atlanta is not taking Matt Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not? They just dumped Harrington and Redman is 29 and clearly not the future of the franchise. I think they will take him!

VeggieMan14
03-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Atlanta is not taking Matt Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how can you say that for sure they have no reasonable qb

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Why not? They just dumped Harrington and Redman is 29 and clearly not the future of the franchise. I think they will take him!

Because Dimitroff believes in the philosophy that you win the game in the trenches (similar to Pioli) he's also cut DL, and we have no OL. The pick is going to be Jake Long, Glenn Dorsey, or Sedrick Ellis for Atlanta. Dimitroff was on local radio yesterday and said that Ryan will be a good player but you have to be able to protect your QB to be successful.

DraftBoy
03-05-2008, 07:42 PM
how can you say that for sure they have no reasonable qb

Look at Redman's stats as a starter with a line similar to David Carr in his rookie year.

mysticsoto
03-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Because Dimitroff believes in the philosophy that you win the game in the trenches (similar to Pioli) he's also cut DL, and we have no OL. The pick is going to be Jake Long, Glenn Dorsey, or Sedrick Ellis for Atlanta. Dimitroff was on local radio yesterday and said that Ryan will be a good player but you have to be able to protect your QB to be successful.

That's great. But you can get a serviceable OT in the 2nd rd and a great OG in the 3rd and still get a franchise QB. It takes QBs awhile to adjust and become great. And the longer they wait for their franchise QB, the more time they will waste with good Olinemen that then end up leaving by the time they pick up a franchise QB.

I know that Atlanta has alot of holes that they need to fill, but that's why they should get the positions that take the longest to adjust to 1st.

VeggieMan14
03-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Because Dimitroff believes in the philosophy that you win the game in the trenches (similar to Pioli) he's also cut DL, and we have no OL. The pick is going to be Jake Long, Glenn Dorsey, or Sedrick Ellis for Atlanta. Dimitroff was on local radio yesterday and said that Ryan will be a good player but you have to be able to protect your QB to be successful. i still dont think that you can say that there is no possible way that they willpickhim

bflojohn
03-05-2008, 09:48 PM
The Falcons could wait for the offseason next year, and they'd find J.P. Losman there! No trade, ala Michael Turner, and the crap A.J. Smith was trying to pull on the Bills and Titans last offseason. Just bide your time and J.P. (as an example) can be had for simply a contract offer/signing. I'm not saying that that is the best course for the Falcons, but in this debate, they would get a 27 year old veteran,and could take antone they want this year. I'll stick with Jake Long as their pick.

kernowboy
03-06-2008, 02:59 AM
Disagree with a lot of that.

I don't think we'll be able to trade down. I think Minnesota can sit and wait for a DE.

San Diego can't give us a 4th round pick they gave up in the Supplemental draft last year for Paul Oliver.

We need a tall CB far more than a DE. We will wait to see how the improved interior helps our existing guys on big money first IMO.

Dorsey is falling because of his knees, Gholston is climbing so swap those two around.

DraftBoy
03-06-2008, 07:25 AM
i still dont think that you can say that there is no possible way that they willpickhim

Well of course there is a possible way but all signs down here are pointing that we wont select Matt Ryan, in fact recent talk is that if Brohm falls to Round 2 which some people say he is (not me), they like him a lot.

DraftBoy
03-06-2008, 07:29 AM
That's great. But you can get a serviceable OT in the 2nd rd and a great OG in the 3rd and still get a franchise QB. It takes QBs awhile to adjust and become great. And the longer they wait for their franchise QB, the more time they will waste with good Olinemen that then end up leaving by the time they pick up a franchise QB.

I know that Atlanta has alot of holes that they need to fill, but that's why they should get the positions that take the longest to adjust to 1st.

Take the longest to adjust well then your advocating taking a WR #3 overall, because thats the posistion that takes the longest to adjust. You also act like a franchise QB cant be had in rounds 2 or 3. This is a bad QB class, with no real standouts. Ryan is either going to be a Farve type or a complete bust and I dont think the Falcons are willing to take that risk. Chris Redman had good stats last year given what horrible shape his OL was in, give him a decent OL and he can hold down the spot for 1-2 years till the franchise QB is found. Atlanta is in love with Joe Flacco, and Brian Brohm. I think whoever of the two is there with their 1st 2nd Round pick is the pick. Atlanta could take anybody and it would be a good pick, I know you are going to continue to mock Atlanta taking Ryan but dont be surprised when come draft day, they pass on him for Drosey, Ellis, or J. Long.

kernowboy
03-06-2008, 07:48 AM
I see Ryan at the Ravens with the No8 selection myself.

DraftBoy
03-06-2008, 07:54 AM
I see Ryan at the Ravens with the No8 selection myself.

As do I

mysticsoto
03-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Take the longest to adjust well then your advocating taking a WR #3 overall, because thats the posistion that takes the longest to adjust. You also act like a franchise QB cant be had in rounds 2 or 3. This is a bad QB class, with no real standouts. Ryan is either going to be a Farve type or a complete bust and I dont think the Falcons are willing to take that risk. Chris Redman had good stats last year given what horrible shape his OL was in, give him a decent OL and he can hold down the spot for 1-2 years till the franchise QB is found. Atlanta is in love with Joe Flacco, and Brian Brohm. I think whoever of the two is there with their 1st 2nd Round pick is the pick. Atlanta could take anybody and it would be a good pick, I know you are going to continue to mock Atlanta taking Ryan but dont be surprised when come draft day, they pass on him for Drosey, Ellis, or J. Long.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't take him. I'm just saying, in their shoes, I would. I think there will still be decent OTs in the 2nd rd (Otah maybe) and top Guards in the 3rd they can grab. As for WR, yes, I would grab one in the 4th rd. In a top heavy WR draft they can afford to wait that long and still get a decent prospect and eventual replacement for Joe Horn and/or Brian Finneran. I know that this doesn't leave much space for DT, but they are not going to fill all the holes in one year. At this point, they will need to look at sleepers and maybe to small schools to hope and find a gem in the crowd...

DraftBoy
03-06-2008, 08:01 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't take him. I'm just saying, in their shoes, I would. I think there will still be decent OTs in the 2nd rd (Otah maybe) and top Guards in the 3rd they can grab. As for WR, yes, I would grab one in the 4th rd. In a top heavy WR draft they can afford to wait that long and still get a decent prospect and eventual replacement for Joe Horn and/or Brian Finneran. I know that this doesn't leave much space for DT, but they are not going to fill all the holes in one year. At this point, they will need to look at sleepers and maybe to small schools to hope and find a gem in the crowd...

I understand your point, but personally if Im Atlanta I dont like the idea of turning Matt Ryan into David Carr, since I cant protect him.

Don't Panic
03-06-2008, 08:28 AM
The Falcons could wait for the offseason next year, and they'd find J.P. Losman there! No trade, ala Michael Turner, and the crap A.J. Smith was trying to pull on the Bills and Titans last offseason. Just bide your time and J.P. (as an example) can be had for simply a contract offer/signing. I'm not saying that that is the best course for the Falcons, but in this debate, they would get a 27 year old veteran,and could take antone they want this year. I'll stick with Jake Long as their pick.

Hard to compare JP and Turner. Turner was glimpses of greatness but a lot of unknowns. JP is longer looks of mediocrity but still hope due to age, arm and mobility. I get your point, though.

venis2k1
03-06-2008, 09:48 AM
wasnt the asking price for Turner last year a first round pick??

DraftBoy
03-06-2008, 09:49 AM
wasnt the asking price for Turner last year a first round pick??

and a 3rd