PDA

View Full Version : Elite Goalies make that save

THATHURMANATOR
03-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Miller has to make that save on Ovechkin for the third goal... :shakeno:

LABillsFan
03-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Miller lets those types of goals in a lot. I really think he is almost spent, but its either losing 4-2 or so or 8-2 with T-Bo

THATHURMANATOR
03-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Brodeur plays that many games every year. Whats his excuse?

JD
03-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Unreal.

We better ****ing win Saturday, if not.. thats going to be one long ass bus ride home.
:sadwalk:

Mitchell55
03-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Miller has to make that save on Ovechkin for the third goal... :shakeno:

Miller is elite. And its ovetchkin.Ovetchkin gets those type of goals alot.

LABillsFan
03-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Brodeur has been doing it for years, this is the first time for Miller.

OpIv37
03-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Miller is elite. And its ovetchkin.Ovetchkin gets those type of goals alot.

actually- it's Ovechkin. Believe me, I'm in DC- I see it far more than I want.

And Miller isn't elite- read the title of the thread. An elite goalie makes that save no matter who shoots it. It was a long shot from a bit of an angle that wasn't particularly hard.

BlackMetalNinja
03-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Unreal.

We better ****ing win Saturday, if not.. thats going to be one long ass bus ride home.
:sadwalk:

At least it's only a short 10 minute car ride home for me if they lose :ill: But if they lost, and then Duke loses to UNC Saturday night too... I'm going to be very disgruntled heading into Sunday!

RockStar36
03-06-2008, 07:38 AM
He isn't elite...yet. But he definitley isn't "average" or "soft" like many Buffalo fans want to think. He gets hung out to dry ALOT and bails this team out ALOT.

THATHURMANATOR
03-06-2008, 08:32 AM
He isn't elite...yet. But he definitley isn't "average" or "soft" like many Buffalo fans want to think. He gets hung out to dry ALOT and bails this team out ALOT.
If you say Yet when will he be Elite? I don't see it happening(he is 28 in July). I agree that he is above average but he does let in a lot of soft goals. He has a lot of the same problems Biron had and I don't think he is all that much better than Marty.

BlackMetalNinja
03-06-2008, 09:28 AM
He's never going to be what Hasek was for us... but he's certainly above average in this league and that's probably as good as we're going to get at the moment in terms of goaltending. He makes incredible saves look routine all the time but he does let in some softer goals here and there too. As Rockstar said though, he also gets hung out to dry perhaps more than most any goalie in the league due to the style of play this team has.

Not to mention he has played more games than any goalie in the league, except for Nabokov and including Brodeur. He's never had to do that before and perhaps he wasn't ready for this heavy of a workload. I think if we had somebody more solid than Thibault backing him up, where we could rest him a bit more, he'd fair better. Thibault has a 3.71 GAA and a .860 save % compared to Miller's 2.52 and .912 %

raphael120
03-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Ovechkin is a beast, and Miller can only do so much.

For as much crap as Miller gets, I think it's totally undeserving.

It's not his fault the team in front of him can't score jack, and he cant help that his number 1 defensemen got traded away and has ****in Kalinin turning over pucks left and right.

THATHURMANATOR
03-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Ovechkin is a beast, and Miller can only do so much.

For as much crap as Miller gets, I think it's totally undeserving.

It's not his fault the team in front of him can't score jack, and he cant help that his number 1 defensemen got traded away and has ****in Kalinin turning over pucks left and right.
I do agree with some of this. 3 breakaways in 5 mins is a joke.

SabreEleven
03-06-2008, 11:17 AM
I do agree with some of this. 3 breakaways in 5 mins is a joke.

5 mins? It was more like a minute and a half.

RockStar36
03-06-2008, 12:20 PM
I had an argument on Friday night during the Canadiens game when Vanek gave the puck away right in front of Miller and he was left to make the 1 on 1 save. Someone said that he definitely should have saved it, which I wasn't going to deny, but my point was that he shouldn't have had to make that save at all. But apparently I was wrong.

raphael120
03-06-2008, 12:23 PM
I had an argument on Friday night during the Canadiens game when Vanek gave the puck away right in front of Miller and he was left to make the 1 on 1 save. Someone said that he definitely should have saved it, which I wasn't going to deny, but my point was that he shouldn't have had to make that save at all. But apparently I was wrong.

EXACTLY!

Miller is the one who is actually working his ass off and playing like these games mean something, meanwhile he's working with morons who could care less.

Philagape
03-06-2008, 02:17 PM
It is possible to blame more than one player on a given play, or a game, or a season. No, Miller isn't responsible for lack of offense or defensive breakdowns; he's responsible for what his job is, and that's certainly fair game.

And I don't know what some people's definition of average is, but Miller's currently 16th in save percentage and 19th in GAA, so that's right around the middle.

BlackMetalNinja
03-06-2008, 02:44 PM
It is possible to blame more than one player on a given play, or a game, or a season. No, Miller isn't responsible for lack of offense or defensive breakdowns; he's responsible for what his job is, and that's certainly fair game.

And I don't know what some people's definition of average is, but Miller's currently 16th in save percentage and 19th in GAA, so that's right around the middle.

Where was he the last 2 years? Like I said, I think a lot of the issues this year stem from two things... the general downgrade of talent on the team and more so from the large increase in playing time he has seen.

THATHURMANATOR
03-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Where was he the last 2 years? Like I said, I think a lot of the issues this year stem from two things... the general downgrade of talent on the team and more so from the large increase in playing time he has seen.
His stats are actually better this year Ninja so he has always been middle of the pack.

LABillsFan
03-06-2008, 08:16 PM
You also have to look at the style of play. The Sabres aren't a trap D orientated team, they are an offensive speed team that uses their D in the O zone. He doesn't have the support like Brodeur does. He doesn't have that good of a D in front of him either and he doesn't have a #2 that can relieve him.

I haven't looked at his numbers but the Sabres were more into outscoring the other team the last 2 years rather than keeping the score down, now that the talent is lower, teams are being more aggressive and not respecting them that much. So in stead of winning 5-3, 6-2, the Sabres are losing 4-3 et al.

raphael120
03-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Millers stats this season are his best thus far.

chernobylwraiths
03-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Sabres didn't deserve a point last night as Miller made two highlight video saves to steal one point.