• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Buffalo Bills Had Deal in Place for Shaun Rogers

I wrote here on Sunday following the Stroud deal that the Bills mgmt. team had acted adroitly following the collape of a deal they thought was "done" literally on the eve of free Agency last Thursday nite at midnite. Mnay of you asked what it was, but I could not say.

Now for the details following today's announcement that the Browns have re-done Shaun Roger's contract to a staggering 6 years--$42M with a $20M guarantee. Unbelievable amount of money for a guy with his issues.

You can guess the rest. Yes indeed--we had a deal in place for Rogers for the same 3rd and 5th we eventually sent to Jax for Stroud. We agreed. The Lions agreed. Rogers was on board. But Voila!!! In steps Roger's agent at 11:58PM and tells us that he is not going anywhere unless he does his deal over. To make a long story short--the numbers got out of hand quickly and our guys did not like the last minute extortion.

Within one hour we are on the phone to both Jax and Stroud's agent. He is at OBD on Saturday and the rest is history.
    I wrote here on Sunday following the Stroud deal that the Bills mgmt. team had acted adroitly following the collape of a deal they thought was "done" literally on the eve of free Agency last...
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Buffalo Bills Had Deal in Place for Shaun Rogers

I'll take Stroud...we got the better of the deal.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

Whatever, I'm just glad Stroud is a Bill! Next season is going to be great. I hope Stroud regains his status as an elite DT while in Buffalo and finishes out his career here.

Comment

• mikemac2001
        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
        • Mar 2003

BOOOOOOYAH can we still say in marv we trust???? or no?

MUCK
        FIAMI

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

lol
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• deathadder
            • Mar 2003

Guys, that link is for a fan blog! First off, we cannot make any deals or negotiate anything before the 12 midnight start on 2/29 before we can make trades. It is against league rules and would be considered tampering. Plus, if you look in the upper left corner, it is a Fan Blog site. There is no credible information.
            http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!

Comment

• Luisito23
              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by deathadder
              Guys, that link is for a fan blog! First off, we cannot make any deals or negotiate anything before the 12 midnight start on 2/29 before we can make trades. It is against league rules and would be considered tampering. Plus, if you look in the upper left corner, it is a Fan Blog site. There is no credible information.

You're right about this possibly being but I believe the tampering rule only counts on free-agents not players that are being traded....I could be wrong though.
              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

I think both players come with risk but if both are healthy and play to the level they are playing I would take Stroud.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Even his ankle injury and suspension, I think Stroud brings far less baggage than Rogers.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Stroud: Better deal, better player. End of story.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

I dont know that Stroud is the better player, they are both very comparable to each other.

However this Buffalo Rumblings site must be somewhat new, Ive never seen it before recently, anybody know about its accuracy?
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        I dont know that Stroud is the better player, they are both very comparable to each other.

However this Buffalo Rumblings site must be somewhat new, Ive never seen it before recently, anybody know about its accuracy?
                        If both are 100% I'd actually take Stroud over Rogers. That's not to say that Rogers is not a great player.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                          If both are 100% I'd actually take Stroud over Rogers. That's not to say that Rogers is not a great player.
                          I think the differences are so minuscule that its hard to say Id take X over Y for sure, kinda like 1a and 1b.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            I think the differences are so minuscule that its hard to say Id take X over Y for sure, kinda like 1a and 1b.
                            I don't think so, watch them both play. Rogers is intense and aggressive for the first quarter, then his fat ass breaks down and is just a fat body getting stalemated.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                              I don't think so, watch them both play. Rogers is intense and aggressive for the first quarter, then his fat ass breaks down and is just a fat body getting stalemated.
                              Not when he's 100% healthy, Ive seen him multiple times be a force throughout the entire game not just Quarter 1.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X