PDA

View Full Version : WR Roy Williams on the trading block

Mudflap1
03-06-2008, 11:38 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2008, 11:41 AM
I wonder what they want.

JP and our 1st for Roy and their 3rd sounds reasonable.

JJamezz
03-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Well, this is what I've been wishing for all along.. I don't know that anyone could have possibly envisioned a more 'dream' offseason than that. I think I'd cry a little and then crap my pants.

The only problem is it probably means Evans isn't here after next season, but I think they go ahead and draft a WR early anyway, even with Williams in the fold.

alohabillsfan
03-06-2008, 11:43 AM
My bet is he ends up in Dallas. Dallas has 2 first round picks, R. Williams wants to go back to Texas.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 11:46 AM
The only problem is it probably means Evans isn't here after next season, but I think they go ahead and draft a WR early anyway, even with Williams in the fold.

I don't expect Evans here next season. It would be nice to get his replacement this season, Williams. As long as Williams signs an extension.

And I agree they will draft a WR early anyways.

VeggieMan14
03-06-2008, 11:47 AM
i will piss my pants and cry and laugh all at the same time

VeggieMan14
03-06-2008, 11:49 AM
My bet is he ends up in Dallas. Dallas has 2 first round picks, R. Williams wants to go back to Texas. yea him and TO can try to kill themselves together

Tatonka
03-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Well, this is what I've been wishing for all along.. I don't know that anyone could have possibly envisioned a more 'dream' offseason than that. I think I'd cry a little and then crap my pants.

the other thing to consider is that if we get williams.. and say troupe or a TE in the draft that could make an impact.. clearly the offense should improve significantly. couple that with the defensive improvements.. and who is to say we are not a playoff team that can truly contend.

lee might think twice about sticking around. he would be facing a ton less double teams and could really put up some ridiculous numbers.

as a last resort as well, we could always franchise him after next year, so we would get 2 more years out of him if we needed it.

i think you get williams immediately. and i would shat myself too.

Michael82
03-06-2008, 11:52 AM
:drool: Come on Russ! Do it. Offer our 1st and JP to the Lions for Roy Williams and a 3rd round pick. :pray:

VeggieMan14
03-06-2008, 11:54 AM
:drool: Come on Russ! Do it. Offer our 1st and JP to the Lions for Roy Williams and a 3rd round pick. :pray: That would be great and then trade back up in the first with a third and a second to land DRC OMG that would be amazing

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2008, 11:55 AM

Imagine this JJ.

Trent lines up behind center. Marshawn in the backfield. Evans on the left, Roy Willams on the wide right, Roscoe in the slot, and Ben Troupe running a quick out.

First down.

VeggieMan14
03-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Imagine this JJ.

Trent lines up behind center. Marshawn in the backfield. Evans on the left, Roy Willams on the wide right, Roscoe in the slot, and Ben Troupe running a quick out.

First down. more like Touchdown

Michael82
03-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Imagine this JJ.

First down.
:drool: :dream:

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2008, 11:58 AM
:rofl: Is that Bostonian for shart?

VeggieMan14
03-06-2008, 12:00 PM
:rofl: Is that Bostonian for shart? haha i guess so but shat shart i would do it as well

TedMock
03-06-2008, 12:02 PM

I love both words. One is just the past-tense of an act, while the other is a combination of two acts.

hydro
03-06-2008, 12:03 PM

Not shat, more like shawt.

VeggieMan14
03-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Not shat, more like shawt. hahaha

mikemac2001
03-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Imagine this JJ.

First down.

it just moved a little

Mski
03-06-2008, 12:11 PM
did we start another wet dream thread, and with how much williams dislikes detroit, we may beable to get him without giving up our first

Mudflap1
03-06-2008, 12:14 PM
This is not a wet dream thread. It was stated that Roy Williams is available. Buffalo was not mentioned, it was a Philadelphia story. However, if he is available, the question should be asked, what would Buffalo have to do to be in the mix here?

By the way, I'd give up the first round pick in a second for Williams. It would be well worth it.

Jon

JJamezz
03-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Imagine this JJ.

First down.

I think I'd rather see a TE drafted early than Troupe, but I'm with ya..

Championship. :;

Ickybaluky
03-06-2008, 12:16 PM
I don't think he is actually on the block. Most of the speculation is based on his being in the last year of his deal and that Detriot has Calvin Johnson. The Lions haven't said anything about him being on the block, and the Detroit papers (http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/03/chances_of_roy_williams_gettin.html) call the rumors baseless.

ddaryl
03-06-2008, 12:16 PM
LMAO

Roy is a UFA after this seaons therefore if we trade fo rhim we will have ot negotiate a new deal and it will be as much or more then what we will pay Evans...

If we trade for Roy Evans is GONE !!!!. there is no way the Bills try to tackle 2 #1 WR salaries....

We could keep Lee this year and franchise/trade him next year and have one season of Roy + Lee .... but that just doesn't seem liek the feasible route to take.

IMO it is the Bills priortiy to resing there own and compliment Lee with a solid FA pickup and a WR in the draft (not at #11 if we keep Lee or trade for Roy etc...)

so this has nothing to do with balls, Roy is just not a feasible option if we are really trying to extend Lee.

PromoTheRobot
03-06-2008, 12:20 PM
I wonder what they want.

????????!!!!

In that case, if you have a late model sports car, I have a 1997 minivan I'll trade you. Hey, I'll even toss is a case of oil...you'll need it.

PTR

The Jokeman
03-06-2008, 12:29 PM
THe Lions don't need a young QB. They drafted Drew Stanton a year ago and although he missed his rookie season due to injury I can't see them trading for Losman at this time.

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Why are you people always coming out of the woodworks to hate on JP for no reason? Did he screw your wives or something?

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 12:41 PM
LMAO

Roy is a UFA after this seaons therefore if we trade fo rhim we will have ot negotiate a new deal and it will be as much or more then what we will pay Evans...

If we trade for Roy Evans is GONE !!!!. there is no way the Bills try to tackle 2 #1 WR salaries....

If I was to give big money to a WR his name would be Williams not Evans.

Trade Lee/JP for Williams/Kitna.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Eagles after Fitzgerald and Williams
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 10:13 AM ET | Link

EAGLES AFTER WRS FITZGERALD & WILLIAMS: After failing to land free agent WR Randy Moss earlier this week, Philadelphia is reportedly trying to trade for Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald. That however seems unlikely with the Cardinals and Fitzgerald moving toward an extension. If Fitzgerald is unavailable the News Journal's Geoff Mosher reports that Detroit's Roy Williams would be their next target. --
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

The Jokeman
03-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Why are you people always coming out of the woodworks to hate on JP for no reason? Did he screw your wives or something?
No but he did say how great my hometown was etc but the minute he finds out he's not going to start he has his agent issue a statement that he doesn't want to be here anymore. I know it's not personal but it does anger me. I don't hate JP but think he has some serious weakness in his game and think Edwards showed to be a better player last year and that's why favor him over JP right now.

Tatonka
03-06-2008, 12:46 PM

it is actually the past tense of ****, but i used it incorrectly for effect.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 12:48 PM
No but he did say how great my hometown was etc but the minute he finds out he's not going to start he has his agent issue a statement that he doesn't want to be here anymore..
first ,he didn't have his agent issue the statement. 2nd his wanting to be traded was not personal but business . Would you want to be with an organization that doesn't want you to start?

Tatonka
03-06-2008, 12:48 PM
I love both words. One is just the past-tense of an act, while the other is a combination of two acts.

lol. well said.

Mitchy moo
03-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Eagles after Fitzgerald and Williams
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 10:13 AM ET | Link

EAGLES AFTER WRS FITZGERALD & WILLIAMS: After failing to land free agent WR Randy Moss earlier this week, Philadelphia is reportedly trying to trade for Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald. That however seems unlikely with the Cardinals and Fitzgerald moving toward an extension. If Fitzgerald is unavailable the News Journal's Geoff Mosher reports that Detroit's Roy Williams would be their next target. --
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Well well, other teams are trying to get fitz. I'm figuring they want to give McNabb alot more targets. I would like the same for TE myself, so let's have 2 #1's and party.

The Jokeman
03-06-2008, 12:54 PM
first ,he didn't have his agent issue the statement. 2nd his wanting to be traded was not personal but business . Would you want to be with an organization that doesn't want you to start?
The fact is he signed a contract. That contract doesn't didn't say he he was going to start etc but be part of a team. I understand JP's frustration but know what sometimes you do what's better for the greater good. As where I work I was named to the sales division because I'm rather good at it yet it isn't my first love yet I still do it because that's what they're paying me for. Whereas I ultimately think JP and his agent want him to start so he can cash in on a bigger contract when he becomes a UFA.

User Manuel
03-06-2008, 12:55 PM
I'd say offer NEXT years #1 for him.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 12:59 PM
The fact is he signed a contract. That contract doesn't didn't say he he was going to start etc but be part of a team..is he beaching his contract? No. He just said he wants to be traded.

I understand JP's frustration but know what sometimes you do what's better for the greater good..for whom? The team that doesn't want him to advance his carreer?

As where I work I was named to the sales division because I'm rather good at it yet it isn't my first love yet I still do it because that's what they're paying me for. Whereas I ultimately think JP and his agent want him to start so he can cash in on a bigger contract when he becomes a UFA. You can't tell me that if another company offers you a chance at your dream job with a possible raise that you won't take it.

Saratoga Slim
03-06-2008, 01:00 PM
the other thing to consider is that if we get williams.. and say troupe or a TE in the draft that could make an impact.. clearly the offense should improve significantly. couple that with the defensive improvements.. and who is to say we are not a playoff team that can truly contend.

lee might think twice about sticking around. he would be facing a ton less double teams and could really put up some ridiculous numbers.

as a last resort as well, we could always franchise him after next year, so we would get 2 more years out of him if we needed it.

Yeah, I dont know why so many people are so sure that Lee is leaving already.
From what we've heard so far, OBD is 1) already talking to Lee, and 2) is putting a priorty on finding a big #2 receiver.

OBD has got to understand that if we bring in a new hot receiver just to let Lee Evans go, we'll be right back where we started......i.e. with our one star receiver blanketed by double coverage. Thus I don't think the arrival of a Roy Williams or a top draft pick WR says that we're going to let Lee walk. Many of the most potent offenses have two big-time receivers (Indy, NE, Cincy, etc), and I think that's the direction they'd like to go.

The Jokeman
03-06-2008, 01:04 PM
is he beaching his contract? No. He just said he wants to be traded.

for whom? The team that doesn't want him to advance his carreer?
You can't tell me that if another company offers you a chance at your dream job with a possible raise that you won't take it.
I told my supervisor that rather being doing something else but again for the greater good ie the company I work for I continue to work in sales with little complaint.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 01:07 PM

Thanks for turning another thread into a JP debate.

Stay on topic please.

:dance:

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 01:08 PM
I told my supervisor that rather being doing something else but again for the greater good ie the company I work for I continue to work in sales with little complaint.
thats because if you don't take it you won't have a job. You don't have a choice. Again, if you had a choice of going somewhere for your dream job you'd take it.

The Jokeman
03-06-2008, 01:15 PM
thats because if you don't take it you won't have a job. You don't have a choice. Again, if you had a choice of going somewhere for your dream job you'd take it.
JP's contract ends after this season, he can go on his way next year to pursue it until then just do what your paid to do. In terms of my job, I was doing much of the same I doing now prior to being named to the sales division. Why was I shifted? because my company saw that I was excelling at sales and put me there instead. I'd like to think I'd be better off doing other things but also understand that sometimes we ourselves paint a certain picture of ourselves that isn't accurate. I mean JP would still be a QB with the Bills next season, the only difference is he wouldn't be playing as much or if Trent faulters he could be starting again.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 01:17 PM
JP's contract ends after this season, he can go on his way next year to pursue it until then just do what your paid to do. In terms of my job, I was doing much of the same I doing now prior to being named to the sales division. Why was I shifted? because my company saw that I was excelling at sales and put me there instead. I'd like to think I'd be better off doing other things but also understand that sometimes we ourselves paint a certain picture of ourselves that isn't accurate.

So what if his contract ends. He wants to start now.Why wait next year when you can compete for no.1 with a different team now if you are traded. If he is traded he isn't breaching his contract.

I don't care what your company asked you to do. You do what they tell you to do or you're out of a job. JP can ask for a tade. You can't.

acehole
03-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Justa...just give it up. The same guys who made the excuses for trents lack of production in School....(Lack of surrounding cast) are the same ones not cutting JP slack for the same....those are the same guys saying we need B Toupe...we need b Johnson...well why? T Edwards is so great...better then JP right? If jp haters thought jp should have produced more then he did last year with what he had...they why upgrade any position...ehh? Our resident football guru said when looking the QB one must not look at anything else...I would love to see T Edwards with this offense as is to have a real comparision....I would also like to see JP one more time with a B Troup and a B Johnson across from L Evans with out fairchild sinking the ship............

If I am JP and I am pulled early so I cant hit my insentives I would want to walk also...

is he beaching his contract? No. He just said he wants to be traded.

for whom? The team that doesn't want him to advance his carreer?
You can't tell me that if another company offers you a chance at your dream job with a possible raise that you won't take it.

The Jokeman
03-06-2008, 01:27 PM
So what if his contract ends. He wants to start now.Why wait next year when you can compete for no.1 with a different team now if you are traded. If he is traded he isn't breaching his contract.

I don't care what your company asked you to do. You do what they tell you to do or you're out of a job. JP can ask for a tade. You can't.
I can definitely apply for other positions in my company but choose not to as none appeal to me which is like a trade. That said I really don't object to JP asking for a trade. What I guess I object to is the report that came out that he wouldn't play here as a back up if remember the report correctly.

justasportsfan
Justa...just give it up. The same guys who made the excuses for trents lack of production in School....(Lack of surrounding cast) are the same ones not cutting JP slack for the same....those are the same guys saying we need B Toupe...we need b Johnson...well why? T Edwards is so great...better then JP right? If jp haters thought jp should have produced more then he did last year with what he had...they why upgrade any position...ehh? Our resident football guru said when looking the QB one must not look at anything else...I would love to see T Edwards with this offense as is to have a real comparision....I would also like to see JP one more time with a B Troup and a B Johnson across from L Evans with out fairchild sinking the ship............

If I am JP and I am pulled early so I cant hit my insentives I would want to walk also...

Na, Jokeman is okay. He's not a hater.

PECKERWOOD
If my memory serves me correctly, Marinelli said that Williams and Johnson is a real special tandem and he wouldn't change that as long as he was in Detroit. If you want Roy Williams you would have to be willing to give up a 1st round pick and more.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 01:30 PM
I can definitely apply for other positions in my company but choose not to as none appeal to me which is like a trade. That said I really don't object to JP asking for a trade. What I guess I object to is the report that came out that he wouldn't play here as a back up if remember the report correctly.

See bolded part. IF your company won't give you a chance to advance and another company offers you your dream job , YOU WILL TAKE IT or you're not being truthful.

All you are doing is the same thing Wilson did. Move to safety even though he wanted to be a wr. Wilson of course had no choice or he'd be cut if he didn't make the transition. Same thing as you.

The Jokeman
03-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Na, Jokeman is okay. He's not a hater.
Exactly. I only hated Doug Flutie lol. I think JP's a decent QB but I just think Edwards showed more promise and that's why I prefer him over JP. Yet that's another debate that's been discussed countless times that not going to drag that out again.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Exactly. I only hated Doug Flutie lol. I think JP's a decent QB but I just think Edwards showed more promise and that's why I prefer him over JP. Yet that's another debate that's been discussed countless times that not going to drag that out again.
fair enough.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 01:46 PM
JP hating :nono:

justa to the rescue:superman:

haters :chair: justa

haters :punch: justa

haters :help!:

yordad
03-06-2008, 01:57 PM
A second round pick.

hydro
03-06-2008, 02:23 PM

:rofl:

You forgot this smiley...

:deadhorse:

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 02:26 PM

he can only use that on himself , fty and .....Hydrosmak. :D

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 02:29 PM

To some. It doesn't bother me so its not a :deadhorse: to me.

Same goes with the old DF/RJ thing.

If stuff like that bothered me then I just wouldn't read it.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 02:30 PM
he can only use that on himself , fty and .....Hydrosmak. :D

Most of the things said on this board are redundant.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 02:36 PM
true dat

The Jokeman
03-06-2008, 02:37 PM
You can say that again. :bandwagon

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 02:38 PM
:rofl: you shouldn't be talking. You bring the same crap up even when no one is talking about the QB.

The frack I did. Im always goated into this JP crap. The Lickers are the ones who brought JP up in 2 threads today. Not me. I just responded to their lovefest.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 02:39 PM
You can say that again. :bandwagon

acehole
03-06-2008, 02:39 PM

You are wrong...just repetative....

Mitchy moo
03-06-2008, 02:40 PM

Well I feel most of the things said on this board are redundant.

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2008, 02:41 PM

Stay on topic please.

Hey I proposed trading JP to Detroit and you started bashing JP's value, thus displaying once again your obsession with turning everything into JP bashing thread.

TackllingDumbass:negrep:

Scumbag College
03-06-2008, 02:41 PM

I hate people that repeat themselves repeat themselves.

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Most of your posts are redundant.

I once had you on ignore. I regret taking you off. I must've forgotten what a ****ing ******* you are.

Back you go.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Hey I proposed trading JP to Detroit and you started bashing JP's value, thus displaying once again your obsession with turning everything into JP bashing thread.

When did you propose trading JP to Detriot and when did I start bashing JP value. Since I also said trade JP to Detroit.

Making stuff up is pathetic.

Show me anywhere in this thread that someone bashed JP before you said this...

Post 27

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 02:44 PM
The frack I did. Im always goated into this JP crap. The Lickers are the ones who brought JP up in 2 threads today. Not me. I just responded to their lovefest.
I goated you into posting this?

you and I never had a qb converstaion in this thread.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 02:49 PM
I goated you into posting this? It's your history of defending JP. Just like my history of criticizing him.

you and I never had a qb converstaion in this thread. I don't think anyone has.

The Jokeman
03-06-2008, 02:49 PM
I goated you into posting this?

you and I never had a qb converstaion in this thread.
I'm not sure we did either.... as our discussion was more about players and contracts and my job.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 02:50 PM
I once had you on ignore. I regret taking you off. I must've forgotten what a ****ing ******* you are.

Back you go.

Like I care.

Back at ya. Douche Bag. Go cry a river to someone who cares.

I guess since a MOD can attack posters its ok for posters to attack MODs now.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 02:53 PM

When did you propose trading JP to Detriot and when did I start bashing JP's value. Since I also said trade JP to Detroit.

Making stuff up is pathetic.

Show me anywhere in this thread that someone bashed JP before you said this...

Post 27

Still waiting.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 03:00 PM
It's your history of defending JP. Just like my history of criticizing him.

I don't think anyone has.
Haha! It's all about you then? I get it ,everytime some talks about the qb then they are goating you.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm not sure we did either.... as our discussion was more about players and contracts and my job.
exactly but you never claimed you were goated. Someone felt he was with OUR discussion.

Novacane
03-06-2008, 03:05 PM

Being a realist that we are not going to get much for him if he's traded is not hating on him.

Mitchy moo
03-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Being a realist that we are not going to get much for him if he's traded is not hating on him.

He will either bring a 4th rounder or get traded with one of our high draft pick for a good player. If we get a 3rd it will be real late in the round, I mean real late.

Novacane
03-06-2008, 03:13 PM

Back you go.

You are a mod? :rolleyes: What an effing joke

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 03:15 PM
You are a mod? :rolleyes: What an effing joke

Yes it is.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 03:16 PM

I once had you on ignore. I regret taking you off.

You said the samething about a week ago. Talk about being redundant.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 03:21 PM
exactly but you never claimed you were goated. Someone felt he was with OUR discussion.

Actually it was Miyagi's fault in this thread. When he said in post 27...
Why are you people always coming out of the woodworks to hate on JP for no reason? Did he screw your wives or something?...after not a single post, in the 26 post before post 27, was there any JP bashing.

Mitchy moo
03-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Actually it was Miyagi's fault in this thread. When he said in post 27......after not a single post, in the 26 post before post 27, was there any JP bashing.

TD, you seem like the type that never gives a ratz azz what anyone thinks. Who really cares what was said, move on and grab your pair.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Actually it was Miyagi's fault in this thread..

haters :help!:this was his fault?

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 03:31 PM
this was his fault?

Turning it into a JP thread, yes.

You had your hand in it also. Just like I did.

X-Era
03-06-2008, 03:31 PM

Stay on topic please.

Pot, this is kettle, your black

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 03:33 PM

Actually you might want to go back and look at threads that turned into a JP threads. You will see that I am not the main culprit.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Turning it into a JP thread, yes.

You had your hand in it also. Just like I did.
:rofl: I was having a none smack discussion with The Jokeman. You were the one who butted in our discussion with smack.

I forgot, my discussion with him was goating you :shakeno:

Novacane
03-06-2008, 03:34 PM
There was no JP bashing in this thread until that stupid post about people hating on him. The likcers are more obsessed that the haters.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 03:35 PM
There was no JP bashing in this thread until that stupid post about people hating on him. The likcers are more obsessed that the haters.
let me know when you see a licker.

Mitchy moo
03-06-2008, 03:37 PM
let me know when you see a licker.

You'll be the 3rd to know.

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2008, 03:38 PM
For the record, this was the post that officially began the JP bashing, turning it into a JP thread. No it was not TacklingDummy.

????????!!!!

In that case, if you have a late model sports car, I have a 1997 minivan I'll trade you. Hey, I'll even toss is a case of oil...you'll need it.

PTR

Bill Brasky
03-06-2008, 03:38 PM
maybe the raiders will give him....

one hundred, billion, dollars....

http://zerotosixty.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/medium_dr_evil_1.jpg

Novacane
03-06-2008, 03:39 PM
look in the mirror and you'll see one

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 03:39 PM
look in the mirror and you'll see one
all I see is a none hater.

If a none hater is your definition of a licker nothing i can do.

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2008, 03:41 PM
OK, now that the proper people have each other on ignore, and we got the who's fault is it out of the way. Can we get back on topic now?

Again, I say JP and our 1st for Roy Williams and their 3rd. Is that not fair? What do you propose then? Evans IMO is out of the question.

X-Era
03-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Actually you might want to go back and look at threads that turned into a JP threads. You will see that I am not the main culprit.

Main culprit? dont care.

Honestly, you wont catch me saying that anyone should stop posting.

But to get involved in a back and forth over bringing up JP when you talk about him so frequently?

Novacane
03-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Since the thread subject was changed anyway let me ask. Why have we not heard a thing about any team making an offer for JP? I remember all kinds of 2nd and 3rd round pick predictions. Guess the NFL GM's are really stupid compared to some posters on this board. :rolleyes:

X-Era
03-06-2008, 03:45 PM
OK, now that the proper people have each other on ignore, and we got the who's fault is it out of the way. Can we get back on topic now?

Again, I say JP and our 1st for Roy Williams and their 3rd. Is that not fair? What do you propose then? Evans IMO is out of the question.

JP and our 1st for Roy alone is fair.

What your talking about is Roy for our 1st and a 3rd (if you believe JP is worth that). We get rid of JP, we get better than what we would have gotten at #11, and we land a proven WR in Roy.If we could then get THEIR 3rd, I would do it in a heartbeat.

That said, I think the Bills wont do it.

Both Lee and Roy are coming into contract years and both are #1 WR's. What the hell do we do next year as far as who to sign?

Mr. Miyagi
Since the thread subject was changed anyway let me ask. Why have we not heard a thing about any team making an offer for JP? I remember all kinds of 2nd and 3rd round pick predictions. Guess the NFL GM's are really stupid compared to some posters on this board. :rolleyes:
I suggest you fork this topic out for its own discussion.

Novacane

The Lions would not say thats fair. They will want at least a #1 for Williams that makes the rest of your trade a 3rd for JP. We ain't getting that for him. Call me a hater but we ain't getting that for him.

X-Era
03-06-2008, 03:46 PM

I will take ANYTHING for him. I bet we cut him if we dont get any partners.

X-Era
03-06-2008, 03:48 PM
The Lions would not say thats fair. They will want at least a #1 for Williams that makes the rest of your trade a 3rd for JP. We ain't getting that for him. Call me a hater but we ain't getting that for him.

So, why not JP AND our 1st for Roy straight up?

Hes GONNA get more than a 1st rounder.

We need to get rid of JP

We get more at WR then we would if we stayed at #11

They get the #11 pick and a young QB

Im not sure I see a downside (other than the contract issue with Lee and Roy next year)

Mr. Miyagi
According to some media writers the word is that JP is available for a 3rd or 4th, ala Vikings Falcons or Detroit. I could be convinced for a 4th just to get it done.

Novacane
Evans for Roy. I'd make that trade but I doubt the Lions would.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 03:49 PM
could you state your sources please?

Novacane
03-06-2008, 03:51 PM

We need to get rid of JP

Im not sure I see a downside (other than the contract issue with Lee and Roy next year)

I'd take that trade in a heatbeat. I agree..........It will probably take more than a #1 to get Williams.

Evans and Williams would be awesome but no way the Bills would pay them both.

mikemac2001
03-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Puuuurrrrr for roy williams

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Evans for Roy. I'd make that trade but I doubt the Lions would.
No way. Evans is off limits in my book. We want to improve, not moving laterally.

Night Train
03-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Just like Evans, Williams is up for a new mega deal.

Let's tie up 120 Mil in WR's.

I LOVE this Madden game !

Novacane
03-06-2008, 03:53 PM
all I see is a none hater.

If a none hater is your definition of a licker nothing i can do.

I'm a none hater too . If being a realist about JP is your defintion of hater nothing I can do.

mikemac2001
03-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Just like Evans, Williams is up for a new mega deal.

Let's tie up 120 Mil in WR's.

I LOVE this Madden game !

we give roy a new contract and see what evans does tag him or trade him after

WOOOOOOO not 120 mil just 2 years of good wr's

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm a none hater too . If being a realist about JP is your defintion of hater nothing I can do.

Did I call you a hater?

I'm still waiting on your sources as far as what the lions will or will not do.

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Oh no, not the Realists and the JPDs all over again.

Novacane
03-06-2008, 03:58 PM
could you state your sources please?

Sources for what? No team thinking JP's worth a #3 pick? If we'd of been offered that he'd be gone IMO.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Sources for what? .

hydro
03-06-2008, 03:59 PM
I am pretty sure that was Novacane's opinion. He is the source.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 03:59 PM

:up:

Novacane
03-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Did I call you a hater?

I'm still waiting on your sources as far as what the lions will or will not do.

We'll see when it all plays out. If we get a 3rd or better for JP I'll be shocked.

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2008, 04:03 PM
I think 3rd or 4th is about the right price, considering what's out there and the number of teams badly need a QB with decent stats and starter experience.

Novacane
03-06-2008, 04:05 PM
No way. Evans is off limits in my book. We want to improve, not moving laterally.

It's not a lateral move IMO. I think Roy is better.

At the very least he'd equal in talent but fit better here. We get a big reciever for a deep threat. Listeningto the experts around here TE is a weak armed QB that can't take advantage of Lees speed anyway.

Novacane
03-06-2008, 04:10 PM

Of course. Justa knew that. He just likes to start trouble. Seeing as no team seems to be beating down our door for JP I'd say my opinion is probably right.

mikemac2001
03-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Of course. Justa knew that. He just likes to start trouble. Seeing as no team seems to be beating down our door for JP I'd say my opinion is probably right.

He was just asking for your source

stating you arnt sure how can you def say no team will give a third

you may be right but ive read vikes and atl might give a 3rd so i also see his point.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 04:34 PM
e just likes to start trouble. :rofl: I was having a decent conversation with Jokeman . Where's the trouble in that? Your first post in this thread was calling people lickers and yet I'm starting trouble? :crazy:

Seeing as no team seems to be beating down our door for JP I'd say my opinion is probably right.

I happen to share your opinion. You might want to read .

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Honestly, you wont catch me saying that anyone should stop posting.

When have I ever told anyone not to post? Or when have I cried about putting someone on ignore because I don't like what they have to post?

Some of the babies around this place need to grow thicker skin. If they don;t like someone's opinion then they shouldn't be hanging out on a message board.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Some of the babies around this place need to grow thicker skin..
I agree. Especailly the ones that think they are being goated even when they are not being spoken to? :snicker:

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 04:39 PM

We need to get rid of JP

JP/Lee for Kitna/Williams, even swap.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 04:40 PM
I agree. Especailly the ones that think they are being goated even when they are not being spoken to? :snicker:

When you make a public statement, the public will respond. I didn't know your conversation was private. Sorry.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 04:40 PM
no thanks.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 04:42 PM
When you make a public statement, the public will respond. I didn't know your conversation was private. Sorry.

I didn't say you can't respond. Just sayying that just because there is a JP discussion , doesn't mean people are goating you. You're being sensitive and yet you want people to grow thicker skins.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 04:42 PM
no thanks.

Why not?

Kitna will give us a veteran presence behind Trent. And could fill the role of starting QB if Trent falls flat on his face like JP did. :snicker:

And like I've said before, if Im giving big time money to a WR, his name is going to be Willaims, not Evans.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Why not?

Kitna will give us a veteran presence behind Trent. And could fill the role of starting QB if Trent falls flat on his face like JP did. :snicker:

And like I've said before, if Im giving big time money to a WR, his name is going to be Willaims, not Evans.
Evans = Williams

JP has an upside with potential Kitna is on his downside.

Jayhawk
03-06-2008, 04:54 PM
remind me again why we want to trade for the UNC Coach? ;)

X-Era
03-06-2008, 05:02 PM
When have I ever told anyone not to post? Or when have I cried about putting someone on ignore because I don't like what they have to post?

Some of the babies around this place need to grow thicker skin. If they don;t like someone's opinion then they shouldn't be hanging out on a message board.

My comment was meant to say that I think every poster has a right to speak their mind. I never said you said that. Some might say that you should stop posting about JP so much. I made this comment to say that I wouldnt say that.

HHURRICANE
03-06-2008, 05:36 PM

If Millen makes this trade I would laugh my ass off.

The reality is JP and our 1st for Williams and their third.

justasportsfan
03-06-2008, 05:43 PM
If Millen makes this trade I would laugh my ass off.

The reality is JP and our 1st for Williams and their third.

Didn't you say that if we're serious about winning we should trade up? A higher draft pick won't eat up the cap like Roy would.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Evans = Williams

JP has an upside with potential Kitna is on his downside.

William>Evans

njsue
03-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Roll out the red carpet for this WR.

Mitchy moo
03-06-2008, 08:30 PM
JP and our 2nd for Roy, simplify our lives.

Novacane
03-07-2008, 10:17 AM
JP and our 2nd for Roy, simplify our lives.

One can dream

Ickybaluky
03-08-2008, 09:16 AM
"I'll listen to any offer," Millen said Friday. "I've said that I'll listen to any offer for anybody. In the end, we want Roy Williams. That's the deal -- whatever the terms are."

Millen would not elaborate further.

Marinelli has been consistent in his comments about not trading Williams. In a Feb. 24 interview at the NFL Combine workouts in Indianapolis, Marinelli said he envisioned Williams and Calvin Johnson, a rookie in '07, as being a premier receiving tandem.

Asked if he would trade Williams, Marinelli replied:

"No. I know the rumors that are out. Those two guys together, I want to see those guys where they can really impact a game. They are special. They've got to have, and they will have, great years for us. We have to ensure they have great years. Those are explosive weapons."

"I'm very confident (Williams is) here. Very confident."

LINK (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080308/SPORTS0101/803080329/1126/rss14)

Mr. Miyagi
03-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Coaches' talk mean nothing. They're obviously not going to say yeah Roy Williams is on the block. I'm lookiing for a cheese sandwich and maybe a 7th round pick. Anybody? Anybody?

hydro
03-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Coaches' talk mean nothing. They're obviously not going to say yeah Roy Williams is on the block. I'm lookiing for a cheese sandwich and maybe a 7th round pick. Anybody? Anybody?

Imagine a coach saying that player needs to be traded and the trade doesn't happen? Not a good situation.

Mitchy moo
03-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Imagine a coach saying that player needs to be traded and the trade doesn't happen? Not a good situation.

That's why the coach is full of it.

HHURRICANE
03-08-2008, 03:47 PM

Dude, that video in your sig just caused me to spit coffee all over my paperwork on my desk. Hilarious. How do I copy that??

yordad
03-08-2008, 03:55 PM
I agree. Especailly the ones that think they are being goated even when they are not being spoken to? :snicker:Gez man, do you have a problem with me?

Dude, that video in your sig just caused me to spit coffee all over my paperwork on my desk. Hilarious. How do I copy that??Who is that being zapped out the window?

Oh, BTW Justa, j/k.

feelthepain
03-08-2008, 04:13 PM
I wonder what they want.

Bad trade for the Bills, consider who will be on the board when you draft.

X-Era
03-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Dude, that video in your sig just caused me to spit coffee all over my paperwork on my desk. Hilarious. How do I copy that??

I found it when I searched for .gif

X-Era
03-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Gez man, do you have a problem with me?

Who is that being zapped out the window?

Oh, BTW Justa, j/k.

Its Obama

Confused
03-08-2008, 04:28 PM
GET ROY!!!!!!!!!!

Jayhawk
03-08-2008, 06:34 PM
why do we want the UNC coach?

chubluv
03-08-2008, 08:59 PM
:doh: